Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haringey walk off v Yeovil, match abandoned, racist abuse

Comments

• Options
    User banned ! 

Really? 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    User banned ! 

Really? 
    i was just thinking i must have missed something
  • Options
    I think he’s chosen that as his profile picture
  • Options
    Keeping on topic, shocking and disgusting incident

Am I right in thinking that it's not the first time the Yeovil fans have been accused?
    listening to alot of the reaction I don't think Yeovil have a particular issue, it's just one or two idiots and every club has them

• Options
    se9addick said:
    nope, if you go to his profile it says "BANNED"
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    nope, if you go to his profile it says "BANNED"
    Ah right, don’t know then 
  • Options
    I'm pretty surprised at Yeovil fans behaving like this, apart from it being soaking wet and freezing or both whenever I've been to their ground I can't think if somewhere where I have been made more welcome 

That said I'm a white boy so I can't comment on any racial bigotry. I didnt hear or see anything that gave me the impression their support had that in their locker but again, I'm hardly going to be the target of monkey chants 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    se9addick said:
    Life imitating art. Impressive foresight.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Interested to know if that's someone in the mod squad believing that he genuinely did support the racist chanting?

If so think it may have been something of a misunderstanding.

I work with a Yeovil fan who is lovely and I have WhatsApped him as he attends most games, despite living in Sussex, to see what he heard/saw.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    I’m pretty sure he meant condemn and not condone.

And I’m hoping Robbo has changed his own profile picture.

Rubbish behaviour from Yeovil fans. A good mate has been texting saying how out of character this is and they’re all gutted. They can’t be tarred by a few idiots. Love that ground and area.

And as for D Lawrence’s comments... shocking.
    He ain't,  he's been pumped.

Maybe for 24 hours, but still a bit ott imo
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Really? I’d be interested to know which moderator made themselves busy and felt the need to do this. Well over the top in my opinion.
  • Options
    As others have said he hasnt just changed his PP it actually says Banned on his profile.

• Options
    If that is what happened, please ignore my previous post on the FA Cup thread

He quite clearly said this above!! 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    People falling over each other to condemn black players getting abuse, when it absolutely goes without saying, while otbers split hairs on Doreen Lawrence's attempt to fuel racial tensions with her "opinion"  

Both incidents need to be flagged and condemned imo. DL's comments  could potentially put members of the fire service at risk in certain areas.

But do they both need to be flagged on a thread that’s specifically related to black players getting abused at a football match in England? Seems a bit weird kind of “yeah that’s bad, but what about this”. 

Haven’t got a clue what Mrs Lawrence said, but what’s been reported here re Grenfell sounds bang out of order, but I don’t understand how it’s related to the dreadful events at the Yeovil match and any comments related probably should go on their own thread.
    Threads have a way of organically encompassing things that are loosely connected. It's just how they flow
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    People falling over each other to condemn black players getting abuse, when it absolutely goes without saying, while otbers split hairs on Doreen Lawrence's attempt to fuel racial tensions with her "opinion"  

Both incidents need to be flagged and condemned imo. DL's comments  could potentially put members of the fire service at risk in certain areas.

But do they both need to be flagged on a thread that’s specifically related to black players getting abused at a football match in England? Seems a bit weird kind of “yeah that’s bad, but what about this”. 

Haven’t got a clue what Mrs Lawrence said, but what’s been reported here re Grenfell sounds bang out of order, but I don’t understand how it’s related to the dreadful events at the Yeovil match and any comments related probably should go on their own thread.
    Threads have a way of organically encompassing things that are loosely connected. It's just how they flow
    Fair enough
  • Options
    Not really just a matter of how threads 'flow'. It's a message board with threads for a reason. Rolling out connections between things because they waft in to your head is what mad people and drunks do, can come across as stupid, sometimes offensive and is a threat to forum discipline.

However, Fwiw, I hope Robbo is only on a temp suspension.  Would be better to have him inside the tent than to exile him. Clearly CL is a big part of his life and I'm sure he's open to debating these things given the chance.
    So what have you just done then? 

Are you, pissed or mad?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    Seems like i’m the only one not surprised by this. Move out of the cities, particularly the West country and attiudes towards colour/race can be very different from ours.
  • Options
    @Baldybonce, I live in the West Country and you are correct.
  • Options
    So why was @Robbo on the wing banned?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

The exact same thing has been happening on the politics section of the board re anti semitism. Whataboutery thrown out in a thinly veiled attempt to show that it isn’t racist or that the undertones is that the ethnic minority may have deserved the racist treatment for some utterly unrelated reason half the world away. 

its where society is right now unfortunately.
  • Options
    No one's muddied the waters, every post has completely condemned the behaviour of a few inbred drips at the football. 

I make the point because from the since DL was brought up almost all posts mention her. I’m now guilty of it myself because i am discussing her rather than the behaviour of the Yeovil fans.

I accept your point about Tony. You clearly know him and I don’t. Perhaps the comments struck such a nerve that it leaks into barely related topics but to claim that the waters have not been muddied is mistaken. The intent may not have been there but the effect is the same. 

• Options
    Perhaps if the 'one or two' people who do this sort of thing were dealt with in the same manner as the protesters on top of the DLR train it would soon stop.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    Really? I’d be interested to know which moderator made themselves busy and felt the need to do this. Well over the top in my opinion.
    My money's on @i_b_b_o_r_g

Shouldn't joke really. Serious subject. @Robbo on the wing can be quite abrasive as a poster in my experience as can many of us but I've never seen anything racist from him over many years here.
  • Options
    So why was @Robbo on the wing banned?
    Maybe the mods thought that this thread might get out of hand and didn’t want to spend their Saturday night monitoring it so just gave Robbo a time out?