Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Haringey walk off v Yeovil, match abandoned, racist abuse

12346»

Comments

• Options
    i don't think racism is any worse (if anything its the best its been) i think its spoken out against more thus highlighting more cases
    So racism in football is the same as it was since the 70s and 80s and there's been a huge cover up?
  • Options
    i don't think racism is any worse (if anything its the best its been) i think its spoken out against more thus highlighting more cases
    So racism in football is the same as it was since the 70s and 80s and there's been a huge cover up?
    Are you being deliberately obtuse , Berlo lad?
  • Options
    Are you being deliberately obtuse , Berlo lad?

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    How many people go football on an average Saturday in England?

700K?

A very small percentage partake in horribly abusing players, including racially. This has gone on, none stop, for time immemorial and it must be condemned, which it has been. But to say it has only been going since 2016, fueled by BoJo and Brexit, and is in epidemic proportion is BS quite frankly and, if anything, trivialises the real issue imo

If you take that 'very small' percentage and apply it to the nation, then though the percentage is small, the number will probably be quite a lot higher than people expect.

I agree with the rest of your post. It's nothing new sadly, but has been increasing for years, it's just not been covered as much by the media.
    Really?  I don't remember 6 or 7 separate incidents of racist abuse on 1 weekend 3 or 4 years ago.  We may not have completely doused the fire, you never will but this has slowly crept back into the game more and more recently whether you like to admit it or not
    No comparison. You can't make objective comparisons over time on the issue of race in the UK, what is acceptable is constantly evolving.

100% things are improving but it is now a topic that creates it's own media and therefore reporting is distorted.

Cant make any judgment on Haringey v Yeovil at this time because no facts are known. 

However, if someone has crossed the line with comments on the skin colour of the Haringey keeper then I say fair play for walking off. That in itself would never have happened at that level even ten years ago.

• Options
    Luis Suarez, what a horrible little bastard he was . Up there with El Hadji Diouf
  • Options
    Game is being replayed tonight.

FA should have just put Haringey through
  • Options
    Yeovil win 3-0 

Terrible for Football IMO, Yeovil should have been kicked out and Haringey given a bye
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yeovil win 3-0 

Terrible for Football IMO, Yeovil should have been kicked out and Haringey given a bye
    Not really the fault of the club though is it?
    Still should be kicked out tho.

People were saying Bulgaria should be kicked out of the next qualifiers, same thing here kick Yeovil out and make an example of them, will then make those idiots think twice before doing it again
  • Options
    Game is being replayed tonight.

FA should have just put Haringey through
    Rubbish.
  • Options
    Yeovil win 3-0 

Clueless.

Playing the game at the stage it was called off is sensible......behind closed doors.
  • Options
    So it looks like Robbo on the wing was fully banned. Shame as it seems a misunderstanding has caused him to get banned, unless there was evidence that he was definitely supporting behaviour that was racist... then it would be far less of a shame.
  • Options
    Surely not cause he used condone instead of condemn ?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Surely not cause he used condone instead of condemn ?
    Can’t see anything else in his post history to suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    I don't think Yeovil did anything wrong as a club at all. A few morons went to an away game in their end. It is the morons that require punishing.