Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WTF is going on at West Brom

Comments

• Two lines of OB at Marylebone just in case public enemy number one tried to breakthrough 
  • Best thing to do is pretend you're a climate change protester & they'll shut off all the roads & leave you alone for a week. 
    Or a gangster. Nothing ever happens to gangsters. It's always completely innocent bystanders that get hurt.
  • CatAddick said:
    Two lines of OB at Marylebone just in case public enemy number one tried to breakthrough 
    They're early, I won't arrive there for another hour
  • I managed to get off at Snow Hill, but police manhandled me trying to stop me and then wouldn’t let my dad off until one of his colleagues told him to. Was weird, and was no need for the heavy handedness. Really odd experience.
  • We had our names, addresses and date of births taken by the coppers @ Marylebone train station, they said a copper was assaulted before the match before the match by a Charlton fan.

The police presence was over the top and intimidating, just blown the budget for the police in one night!
  • matt88 said:
    I managed to get off at Snow Hill, but police manhandled me trying to stop me and then wouldn’t let my dad off until one of his colleagues told him to. Was weird, and was no need for the heavy handedness. Really odd experience.
    Think you must have been on same train as us. People started to get off at Snow Hill, then police stopped them and had to get back on the train. 

It is a weird one, as when we escaped Moor Street there were loads of police outside the station but absolutely zero fans from any other clubs about. We strolled past the bull ring and over to New street without any problems whatsoever. At New Street there was similarly no issues.

Can't help wondering if earlier aggro prompted a more animalistic approach by West Midlands police. It seemed a bit out of order to be honest and unecessarily confrontational by them. 
  • Football fans once again being treated as the dregs of society!!
  • Finally on last train of the day home, albeit an hour later than planned.  As others said bizarre over the top police behaviour.  Actually feels worse than the treatment in 70s and 80s (without the truncheons:-) )
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope you are home safely to your wife.
    Not quite but I have talked to her about being late and pissed off doesn’t quite cut it.  As she said, all football fans are thugs so what do you expect :-/

• We all got off at snow hill and just smiled at
    police asking if we were Charlton. They seemed excited but nothing happening . Odd that they were telling Charlton supporters you can’t get off when they clearly had no intention of getting off.
  • edited October 2019
    Hope you got back safely now @CatAddick

You're right about the treatment at times and the old bill at Marylebone, all kicked off as I was getting through when they asked for details. Thankfully myself and my girlfriend got through really quickly and got back alright.

Was a complete mess getting back today to be completely honest. 

Hope everyone got back safe and sound nonetheless.
  • CatAddick said:
    Kettled at Moor Street. Ive got an sick wife I’m teying to get home to and they are trying to sendme ti Marylebone 
    You're an absolute Cad, Sir!

Favouring a football match and leaving your poor, at deaths door, sick wife at home!🙀
  • It sounds like a lot of the police actions were unlawful. Especially the taking of names and addresses and forcing innocent people on to trains against their will.

Video evidence would be helpful, but I can see a class action coming on.

Papers please! ;)

Take a look at this website for advice if you want to take things further.

https://crimebodge.com/
  • matt88 said:
    I managed to get off at Snow Hill, but police manhandled me trying to stop me and then wouldn’t let my dad off until one of his colleagues told him to. Was weird, and was no need for the heavy handedness. Really odd experience.
    West Midlands police haven't changed in the last 30 years then. They are responsible for my distrust of police in general. They are shameful.
  • Any news about what happened at half time today? Saw a bit of a scrap with the police on the outside of the concourse
  • Sponsored links:

• Did plod not think whoever was involved in the problem earlier might have travelled by road?

Perhaps there should have been checks on the motorway out of Birmingham........

It sounds that they handled the situation badly.
  • CatAddick said:
    Strange how such stereotyping of any racial or ethnic group would be seen as illegal nowadays but it still seems to be acceptable to vilify a group of people just for attending a sporting event.
    I've been saying this for years. Just wonder where "cilvil liberties" come into it. In no other sport or walk of life are you not allowed to leave an event or venue at the time of your choosing (obvious exceptions when there is a disaster or terror attack). Yesterday we had the choice of waiting for 20 mins after the game to walk 100 yards over the road to the car park (as they lock the gate between the home & away sections) or walk all the way around the ground using their "designated" exit. 2 weeks time at Millwall it will he eve  worse.....probably 30 mins wait time before we will be allowed to "go on our way". 

Then there is the galling action of some "I know best & you are all going to die soon" climate  change protesters who chain /glue themselves to public transport & just allowed to do it with no police action for hours.....sometimes days. 

Talk about one rule for some..... 

• We were told at Snow Hill Charlton fans were not allowed off due to 'disorder in the city centre' and all Charlton fans were being taken to Moor Street or somewhere, the Met FLO was there so asked him and he shrugged and said 'I dont know anything mate' so @charltonnick my son and I got off with around a dozen others anyway and saw hardly anyone anywhere, the town centre seemed dead. All quite strange. 
  • SE7toSG3 said:
    We were told at Snow Hill Charlton fans were not allowed off due to 'disorder in the city centre' and all Charlton fans were being taken to Moor Street or somewhere, the Met FLO was there so asked him and he shrugged and said 'I dont know anything mate' so @charltonnick my son and I got off with around a dozen others anyway and saw hardly anyone anywhere, the town centre seemed dead. All quite strange. 
    Plod telling porkies it would appear.
  • We caught the 17.09 to Snow Hill & walked to New Street to catch the 17.50.
    Looks like getting out bang on time avoided the problems. 
  • funny if there was trouble on train at Hawthorns. On the tram to New Street there was no police presence and both sets of supporters happily mingled and discussed the game on the way back to New Street. Pubs by New Street ok with Charlton, locals and Luton drinking.