Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WTF is going on at West Brom

Comments

• Options
    We caught the 17.09 to Snow Hill & walked to New Street to catch the 17.50.
    Looks like getting out bang on time avoided the problems. 
    Thank the Lord for that, things could have been so much worse otherwise.
  • Options
    However we must be honest and now we are doing well, we have started to have an element who are using a Charlton away game as an excuse to behave badly. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    redman said:
    However we must be honest and now we are doing well, we have started to have an element who are using a Charlton away game as an excuse to behave badly. 
    Why would people want to misbehave?  With me not attending I am guessing it is a bit of boisterous behaviour going too far at times.
  • Options
    redman said:
    I don’t think doing well has anything to do with it. If anything it should be the opposite. 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Why would people want to misbehave?  With me not attending I am guessing it is a bit of boisterous behaviour going too far at times.
    Well if you describe fighting & plastic bottle throwing at HT as boisterous, you would be correct. 
  • Options
    Left the ground, got the tram to Grand Central, had a pint in Brewdog and then got the train home from New St. Sounds like I missed all the fun!
  • Options
    redman said:
    Well if you describe fighting & plastic bottle throwing at HT as boisterous, you would be correct. 
    I was brought up in Catford.
  • Options
    Point taken @Covered End
  • Options
    redman said:
    funny if there was trouble on train at Hawthorns. On the tram to New Street there was no police presence and both sets of supporters happily mingled and discussed the game on the way back to New Street. Pubs by New Street ok with Charlton, locals and Luton drinking. 
    Very odd. It did seem that the police very specifically targeted people taking the train back to Brum, rather than the tram.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Left the ground, got the tram to Grand Central, had a pint in Brewdog and then got the train home from New St. Sounds like I missed all the fun!
    But you are well behaved and 'don't look like football'!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    When we got to Moor Street station after the game, they wouldn’t let us get to the platform we needed to get back to London.

So we stuck on a platform that we couldn’t move from as the coppers where stopping us from going up the stairs we needed to use to get to another platoform.

The platform was heaving, one guy when we got there said he’d been stuck on it for 45 minutes, train after train arrived at set platform, letting more and more people off and making the platform more and more packed.

Someone shouted out this is like Hillsborough, which to be fair if it had continued it would have been, but of course the police are never to blame for anything.

Woman were screaming at the police to do something, and it was bloody dangerous.

We were then put on a different train (especially arranged? ) with coppers who to be fair were  friendly (they’d just come from Millwall v Stoke) so perhaps this was a piece of cake.

2 hours standing on the train journey back to London, and then all the crap at Marylebone... makes you wonder how crap it’s going to get in 2 weeks time at Millwall, where every copper in the country will be on duty.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    But you are well behaved and 'don't look like football'!
    Most of the time!! 
  • Options
    I wonder if the Club (Mick Everitt perhaps?) will communicate with the police to establish what on Earth was going on, sounds extremely over the top.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I wonder if the Club (Mick Everitt perhaps?) will communicate with the police to establish what on Earth was going on, sounds extremely over the top.
    Which will achieve nothing.
  • Options
    A cop at Snow Hill station said there had been trouble in a bar in West Brom with Charlton fans and two old bill had been assaulted and that was the reason they refused to let Charlton fans off the train, even tho they let me and my missus off.
  • Options
    Blimey - glad we got a cab to New St, 18.10 out of there.
    What happened at ht, saw it all starting, the police then seemed to disappear ?
  • Options
    CatAddick said:
    Names and address taken of everyone one train. Welcome to the free west 
    iamdan said:
     officer ‘beaten up’ apparently 
    Not there so can only guess that the people who "beat up" the officer gave him there name and address so they could be arrested later, so saving the police time and money.

• Options
    I am disappointed to here this.

Mick Everitt needs to make an official complaint on our behalf in the strongest possible way.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    A cop at Snow Hill station said there had been trouble in a bar in West Brom with Charlton fans and two old bill had been assaulted and that was the reason they refused to let Charlton fans off the train, even tho they let me and my missus off.
    No idea why not letting Charlton fans off at Snow Hill, but instead taking everyone to Moor Street would help things. It's not as if the area round Snow Hill is "the" place to go for a drink, or that that the area would be full of Albion fans either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Mick Everitt needs to make an official complaint on our behalf in the strongest possible way.
    The COO is your man, responsible for customer satisfaction as well as the day to day running of the club in the absence of a CEO. Good luck with that.......😉
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I recommend people to contact them, they are good people, hardworking, and held in grudging respect by plod. Grudging because they don't let themselves get fobbed off, respect because they gather evidence before making their case.
    They may well be, but surely they should know the difference between "effected" and "affected", particularly in this context?
    ;-)
  • Options
    I wasnt there so I know jack all about what happened but as we are talking about the policing of football I'll chime in

I get it that football can bring out some stupid behaviour in people, some of which I have been involved in and some I have witnessed, some like @Gumbo putting his penis on my shoulder at Coventry away then tapping me to get my attention so I was 'eye to eye' with him, I have been the victim of.

What gets me is how aggressive police can be in the first contact, it pisses people off immediately and invariably makes their lives more difficult. They have a hair trigger at football and have nicked people for some really trivial stuff that could have been avoided with a bit of emotional intelligence. Then again when they see 100 blokes coming off a train pissed and singing it can be fairly intimidating so it can provoke a nervous response. 

last season at Gillingham they started off being ok with everyone then a few people wound them up and ruined it for everyone as annoyed police are not fun people. 

What fucks me off though is then taking such a broad brush approach like what people have mentioned about marylebone and they know they can because its football fans and they can pretty much get away with whatever they want. 

I'm a supporter of the police, and if you think of the sheer volume of human interaction they have compared to the amount of actual beatings they give out its remarkable. If I was armed with a taser and a truncheon at the Notting hill carnival post 8pm after a day of everyone calling me a racist or just generally being obnoxious I'd guess I would flatten the taser battery quite fast
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

The COO is your man, responsible for customer satisfaction as well as the day to day running of the club in the absence of a CEO. Good luck with that.......😉
    Isn't Micks Everitt the man who deals with Police?

But anyways, what I mean is why did the OB have to take the name, address of all our supporters at Marylebone?

That is not right and that is what Mick Everitt needs to find out, that very reason.
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Isn't Micks Everitt the man who deals with Police?

But anyways, what I mean is why did the OB have to take the name, address of all our supporters at Marylebone?

That is not right and that is what Mick Everitt needs to find out, that very reason.
    As far as I’m aware he is part time now ie: Match days. 
    The COO is the man at the top of the operations, that’s not to say it won’t end up on Micks desk, as we are well aware the smt are very good at delegation when it goes tits up. 
  • Options
    Completely speculating but sounds like old bill had agg from some Charlton dicks and reacted childishly by fucking up a lot of Charlton fans with their re routing of so many innocents 
    In other words "we started it and they finished it".

Contacting Charlton or the police will end a fruitless exercise.
  • Options
    seems pointless asking for personal details as how can the police prove you have given the correct ones?