Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

WTF is going on at West Brom

1235»

Comments

• Options
    It got a mention Charlton Live earlier tonight and one of Louis's studio guests questioned if what the OB did at Marylebone was actually legal. That is taking names and addresses of people just like that.
    I’d say that’s the way to pursue the matter - unless  all Charlton fans on that train were reasonably suspected of having committed a crime.
  • Options
    one other thought it with a large game like millwall 2 weeks away they are trying to deter people from playing up at that one. 
  • Options
    one other thought it with a large game like millwall 2 weeks away they are trying to deter people from playing up at that one. 
    I doubt West Midlands police care what Charlton’s fixture list looks like. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I was referring more to the names and addresses taken at marelybone
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    I was referring more to the names and addresses taken at marelybone
    I honestly don’t think the police would have looked that far down the line. 
  • Options
    A cop at Snow Hill station said there had been trouble in a bar in West Brom with Charlton fans and two old bill had been assaulted and that was the reason they refused to let Charlton fans off the train, even tho they let me and my missus off.
    We were in The Vine pub near the ground, which I would describe as family friendly, a mixture of both sets of fans, but majority WBA, all very friendly.

Approx 6 Charlton fans came in who I didn't recognize and started singing, which was inappropriate under the circumstances.

Stewards and police had a word and they shut up.
    A little while later they started singing again as they departed.
    Perhaps, it was something to do with them on the way out/outside ?

(Having now read the rest of the thread it seems more likely it wasn't).
    Football fans having a sing song in a pub. Lock em up!
    I disagree, a quiet word in their ear was more appropriate.
    The pub was full of little kids, it wasn't appropriate, unless you condone trying to provoke a row, which may well have led to small children getting injured.
    I don’t see why you’re speculating about whether some chaps singing in a pub might be involved in trouble with the old bill earlier. Football fans singing  in a pub who then get told to stop  is a complete non story. Then more speculation about me condoning provoking a row zzzzz
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2019
    T_C_E said:
    I am disappointed to here this.

Mick Everitt needs to make an official complaint on our behalf in the strongest possible way.
    The COO is your man, responsible for customer satisfaction as well as the day to day running of the club in the absence of a CEO. Good luck with that.......😉
    Isn't Micks Everitt the man who deals with Police?

But anyways, what I mean is why did the OB have to take the name, address of all our supporters at Marylebone?

That is not right and that is what Mick Everitt needs to find out, that very reason.
    I might be wrong here but my belief is that Mick Everett's role is home match day only now.

Keohane is the bloke in charge of everyday operations now I think. Good luck with that from what I've heard of others seeking redress.

EDIT: Just read @T_C_E 's reply properly. Says the same thing essentially.
  • Options
    Apologies I am a bit late to this thread, same thing happened with us names and addresses taken at marylebone after being kettled onto the train (when we had planned to go to new street and had tickets for a train to euston)...shocking by WMP imo  
  • Options
    we got off at snow hill and walked past the train didn't see anyone about after the game although was around 10 police vans outside so evidence something may of gone on - no other fans around either so don't really see the point of what they done. 

haven;t heard anything about half time, although i did hear a copper was on the floor. other than that i didn't see anything in the ground. 

wasn't on the marlybone but heard it was busy and no toilets, how long did it take to get back?
  • Options
    we got off at snow hill and walked past the train didn't see anyone about after the game although was around 10 police vans outside so evidence something may of gone on - no other fans around either so don't really see the point of what they done. 

haven;t heard anything about half time, although i did hear a copper was on the floor. other than that i didn't see anything in the ground. 

wasn't on the marlybone but heard it was busy and no toilets, how long did it take to get back?
    2 to 2 hrs 20 usually.

Bad news with no toilets.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    So many people offended by police action but so far seems only cataddick has submitted a complaint via the fsa
  • Options
    Far be it from me to jump two footed into a debate that I've read only one page of, but it sounds like a very normal away day to me.

In fact, it sounds relatively pleasant.
    I’ve been subjected to worse - but years ago.  I thought we’d left all that behind.  Just seemed unnecessarily confrontational by the police.  Almost as if they were trying to goad us into having a go
  • Options
    Bit confused. Grief with WMP but surely it was the Met who were demanding individual details at Marylebone?
  • Options
    Mixture of Met and BTP at Marylebone.  WMP seemed spoiling for a fight.  Met and BTP I spoke to all expressed ignorance as to why, just been told to hot foot it to the station 
  • Options

2 to 2 hrs 20 usually.

Bad news with no toilets.
    There were toilets but it was like competing in an obstacle course trying to make your way there. I was already scheduled to come home on that train anyway. Policing at Marylebone completely over the top, as was the typical reporting of it by passengers waiting to board trains from London. Not sure about the name taking, I walked straight through without any bother.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Myself and JR were due to travel back on a Virgin train service from New Street, when i got to Marylebone i got separated  from JR who had a TWO-Together on his phone,  he was giving his details and i could not get out, a BTP skipper got a bit shirty with me, as i tried to explain he told me to use my Oyster (60+) when they tried to take my name i was able to convince them not too. i am now wondering if i will be charged on my oyster.

And if Chiltern Rail will want a single fare from Moor ST for myself and JR

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wasn’t at the game but seen video of H/T shenanigans. Seemed quite a few Charlton were up for confrontation with OB. Quite what started it I’m not sure but not really surprised the WMP adopted policy of getting everyone away from the area after the game and additionally advising the Met if their actions. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    I must admit it was such a crap ‘after’ experience, it’s put me off going to away matches, not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    clive said:
    I must admit it was such a crap ‘after’ experience, it’s put me off going to away matches, not worth the hassle.
    It’s not normally as bad as that. Plus Charlton win sometimes! 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    clive said:
    It’s not normally as bad as that. Plus Charlton win sometimes! 
    It was a one off. I've been going away since 1975 and I've never known that before.
  • Options
    The West Midlands police have had a bad reputation for years, it seems nothing has changed with them.