Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• edited January 2020
    Just a guess as I am totally NOT 'in the know' .. so .. 
    Southall has absolutely no say in financial matters, he is just a glorified PR man. The situation whereby there is uncertainty about Bowyer's deal, the signing of Madison and other 'unreported' deals and wheels involve money, lots of it. Only the ESI kingpins can decide on to whom and where the money goes. Southall or whoever manages the cash in SE7  is beholden to get clearance from the middle east before buying the proverbial box of paper clips. 
    Perhaps the ESI men  like to speak to their 'front man' Southall only face to face as they mistrust electronic communications media which can be tapped and/or misreported, hence Southall's to and froing to Arabia, hence the time taken to either yay or nay transfers, contracts et al .. just a guess
    No idea how it works in the middle east but in China I know most business people prefer meeting face to face.

I used to fly half way across China for almost monthly management meetings along with 15 or so others, video calls would have saved the boss a small fortune but that's just not how he wanted to do things.
  • Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?
  • Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?
    Urmmmmm.............no.
    no news is good news .. on here, if you believe that you'll believe anything 
  • I'm sure he can sanction by phone. 
    Again its not about just sanctioning it, as I said Matt seems very hands on and the sort of person who wants to deal with things personally.

I just don't expect anything done whilst he is out the country 

The lord has spoken everyone, close thread!

Laughable mate, he isn't the one rubber stamping the transfers. If he did I am sure Gallen and Co can get things done with him abroad.

Not saying there will be any signings, but you cant dismiss it unless everyone Boywer, Gallen and Southall all away. 21st Century and all that, even then it could happen lol

Little bit confrontational there.

I only said that Matt seems very hands on to me and I dont see any business being done today if he is out the country.

Other people have made similar points but you haven't picked them up on it have u.

To say my comment is laughable is  very OTT
  • Poor Paulie might be the most sensitive soul on the internet.
  • Nice to see Steve Bridge's book has made it out there
    Anywhere we can buy that book @charltonnick ?
  • I'm sure he can sanction by phone. 
    Again its not about just sanctioning it, as I said Matt seems very hands on and the sort of person who wants to deal with things personally.

I just don't expect anything done whilst he is out the country 

The lord has spoken everyone, close thread!

Laughable mate, he isn't the one rubber stamping the transfers. If he did I am sure Gallen and Co can get things done with him abroad.

Not saying there will be any signings, but you cant dismiss it unless everyone Boywer, Gallen and Southall all away. 21st Century and all that, even then it could happen lol

Little bit confrontational there.

I only said that Matt seems very hands on to me and I dont see any business being done today if he is out the country.

Other people have made similar points but you haven't picked them up on it have u.

To say my comment is laughable is  very OTT

Come on Paulie, you know me enough to know it wouldn't be confrontational. A slight dig and a bit of a joke really but its not OTT, just opinions really. This thread goes round in circles, so not really going to comment on everyone. Also as we speak occasionally on FB/ Here I didn't think you would take it to heart.
    Actually think I responded better than I usually do, and was polite in my response.

Just wondering why someone who claims to be a friend, talks to me on Facebook needed to be so confrontational on here with that response when I was just stating my opinion, like so many others have
  • Sponsored links:

He's not.
    Actually think I responded better than I usually do, and was polite in my response.

Just wondering why someone who claims to be a friend, talks to me on Facebook needed to be so confrontational on here with that response when I was just stating my opinion, like so many others have

Literally took the words out of my mouth, stop being so serious. It was a joke and kind of at your expense but nothing personal...

I'll leave it there as this thread is bad enough as it is.

• Hearing Marriott is practically done...Only passing on what I'm hearing. Don't know much about him but his goals to games is impressive.

Corrr you have took a risk there mate!

On a scale of 1/10 how reliable is your source? 
    👀
  • Boro, who have been reported to be interested in signing Maddison have just bagged 4M on selling back Darren Randolph to West Ham.  How ironic would that be if they nipped in to get him.
  • edited January 2020
    What is telling about Maddison is that his current manager thinks he will go but doesn't expect it to be to us. He will have spoken to the player and a comment like that has to be informed by something. There are other fish in the sea and we need to land some of those.
  • Nice to see Steve Bridge's book has made it out there
    Anywhere we can buy that book @charltonnick ?
    Normally from the museum Henry , but we have sold out You can buy this one though , only £10 plus £3 postage

• Maybe bowyer holds off signing until he is satisfied we get some players through the door?! 
  • And players hold off coming through the door until Bowyer signs!
  • What is telling about Maddison is that his current manager thinks he will go but doesn't expect it to be to us. He will have spoken to the player and a comment like that has to be informed by something. There are other fish in the sea and we need to land some of those.
    Where does he say he doesn’t expect it to be us?
  • Sponsored links:

• Laddick01 said:
    What is telling about Maddison is that his current manager thinks he will go but doesn't expect it to be to us. He will have spoken to the player and a comment like that has to be informed by something. There are other fish in the sea and we need to land some of those.
    He was quoted as saying that - I read it yesterday.
  • cfgs said:
    Which player is he referring to about a deal being difficult geographically?
    Maddison would be my guess.
    Wondered that (obviously given it's a Maddison thread) but assumed he lived in Peterborough so a move to London is hardly the other side of the world.

Have since read that he lives up north though.
  • Uboat said:
    What the fuck is this all about?

Can MS bring that much gold straight into the country without HMCA getting involved?

Surely a BACS transfer would be simpler.
  • cfgs said:
    Which player is he referring to about a deal being difficult geographically?
    Maddison would be my guess.
    Wondered that (obviously given it's a Maddison thread) but assumed he lived in Peterborough so a move to London is hardly the other side of the world.

Have since read that he lives up north though.
    Expecting him to sign for Brighton by the end of the month
  • Laddick01 said:

I read that too in an article in the local Peterborough rag but can't find it now but Ferguson did say he expects Maddison to leave but doesn't think it will be to us.
  • seth plum said:

More like

• edited January 2020
    An interview from Saturday I wonder what midfielder this was ?
  • Harry Toffolo? Interesting.

I rate him but with Doughty's emergence, left wing back would seem an odd move to kick off with.