Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?
    Good job we are not back in the 1990's when all you had was clubcall & Peter Borrows telling you (yet again) that there would be some sensational transfer news coming up......but first you have to listen to an interview with Gary Nelson about his picture framing business.
    If it's Burrowes he would be writing about someone called Garry Nelsen.
  • Poor Paulie might be the most sensitive soul on the internet.
    No, that's my job.
  • edited January 2020
    seth plum said:

I know what you did there.
    Very good.
    Hopefully, it might quieten down some of the doubters.
  • Poor Paulie might be the most sensitive soul on the internet.
    Actually think I responded better than I usually do, and was polite in my response.

Just wondering why someone who claims to be a friend, talks to me on Facebook needed to be so confrontational on here with that response when I was just stating my opinion, like so many others have

Literally took the words out of my mouth, stop being so serious. It was a joke and kind of at your expense but nothing personal...

I'll leave it there as this thread is bad enough as it is.

Ah but it's so easy to read the written word in a thousand different ways, trust me I know and have.😺
  • Jamie19 said:
    An interview from Saturday I wonder what midfielder this was ?
    No idea but if he's not worth an extra 1k a week at championship level, then he can't be that good.
  • PaddyP17 said:
    Harry Toffolo? Interesting.

I rate him but with Doughty's emergence, left wing back would seem an odd move to kick off with.
    Didn't Millwall let him go last year 
  • Jamie19 said:
    No idea but if he's not worth an extra 1k a week at championship level, then he can't be that good.
    Agreed but maybe they thought they were already paying over the odds, who knows.
  • seth plum said:

I heard that rumour too but from a very unreliable source : - )
  • Sponsored links:

• Oh yeah that bloke, forgot about that one. Cheers
  • doronron said:
    PaddyP17 said:

I rate him but with Doughty's emergence, left wing back would seem an odd move to kick off with.
    Didn't Millwall let him go last year 
    Yes, after he signed a short-term deal - last season was ever present for Lincoln and I think has been this year, too, getting in the team of the year last year
  • Boro, who have been reported to be interested in signing Maddison have just bagged 4M on selling back Darren Randolph to West Ham.  How ironic would it be if they nipped in to get him.
    and Maddy is from the N East
  • edited January 2020
    PaddyP17 said:

But we don't just sign in order of importance.
    We go for a dozen players and sign who we can.
    Just because they're first doesn't mean they are our most important target.
    (I know you know that mind you, so not sure why you said it).
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2020
    Wouldn't say we need a left back urgently but it is something we will need going forward eventually, Page isn't championship standard imo and made of glass, Purrington hasn't looked up to much in the step up, saw a stat the other day that he is in the top5 for worst passing accuracy and I see Doughty further forward although he can do a job there 

Edit: sorry top7 

• Wouldn't say we need a left back urgently but it is something we will need going forward eventually, Page isn't championship standard imo and made of glass, Purrington hasn't looked up to much in the step up, saw a stat the other day that he is in the top5 for worst passing accuracy and I see Doughty further forward although he can do a job there 
    So we do need a left wing back then.
  • Wouldn't say we need a left back urgently but it is something we will need going forward eventually, Page isn't championship standard imo and made of glass, Purrington hasn't looked up to much in the step up, saw a stat the other day that he is in the top5 for worst passing accuracy and I see Doughty further forward although he can do a job there 
    So we do need a left wing back then.
    I don't want to clog the thread but I thought my post was pretty clear..

There are more urgent positions to fill right now, strikers, midfielders and probably a centre back as well imo, Purrington and Doughty playing there won't get us relegated, having no strikers and proper midfielders who can do it all like Gallagher and Cullen may do though 

Edit: sorry top7 

Top 7 

Top 5 

Top 1 
  • Jamie19 said:
    Probably Conor Gallagher! 
  • Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?
    Good job we are not back in the 1990's when all you had was clubcall & Peter Borrows telling you (yet again) that there would be some sensational transfer news coming up......but first you have to listen to an interview with Gary Nelson about his picture framing business.
    used to have to do this then disguise three calls to my brothers team so he would get a bollocking too 
  • Prediction time - Transfer deadline day will be the busiest day in this sites history.

Better give the server room a dust and polish

Is that a euphemism?