Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Laddick01 said:
    The opportunity to screw Sunderland over one more time.

Yeah go for it.
    Or maybe their opportunity to finally get one over us
  • Well we know HE is a friend of the Rangers owner and was talking to Gerard last week.
  • Laddick01 said:

Yeah go for it.
    Or maybe their opportunity to finally get one over us
    Have you forgotten about the legendary Jonathan Stead?
    Chose them over us.
    Some of us have never got over it  ;)
  • edited January 2020
    Standard operating procedure for us players...

When the ladies see the old Mondeo, its like the elastic on their draws just snaps!
  • 10 goals and 11 assists. Decent.
  • FFS sign someone. Anyone!!!
  • FFS sign someone. Anyone!!!
    There's a free agent available - released by Bromley last May.
  • bobmunro said:
    FFS sign someone. Anyone!!!
    There's a free agent available - released by Bromley last May.
    I'm starting to think Frank Nouble would be a result.
  • Sponsored links:

• Pawel Abbott and Simon Church rumoured to be rejoining along with Gary Doherty.
  • edited January 2020
    Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?
    Don’t  I get any accolade or a promote as I suggested it @cabbles ?
  • I really hope that Midfielder wasn't Mowatt or Maddison that we were penny pinching over, 52k a year extra is hardly crazy money for a proper player
  • Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?

Kean Bryan from Sheffield United. 
    He does not seem too kean, he has not played in 18 months.
    Hardly an original idea
  • Don’t want to trawl and fish through 130 odd posts, are there any relevant snippets and should we start a Bitesize January Transfer Window Thread?

Or he does for actually doing it! Good job @cabbles
  • Must be seeing things!!

If the Aribo thread is anything to go by, then why on earth would you be shopping at Rangers. 

Greg Docherty will run all day for you, aside from that - not much else. 

Probably 5th or 6th choice midfielder. He was signed with hopes he would push into our first team but hasn’t quite managed. Can’t see him offering too much, happy to be proven wrong - I would see it as a loan with option to buy if he was coming your way. He’s not the standard required for Rangers. 

Kean Bryan from Sheffield United. 
    He does not seem too kean, he has not played in 18 months.
    Hardly an original idea
    What's originality got to do with it, didn't realise it was a requirement?
  • PWR

So it would seem that we are potentially gonna have more issues signing players now that others see us as 'Minted' than we did when we were skint?
  • I remember Greg Docherty after managing Hamilton on FM18. Was one of their original squad that I kept and was a regular in central midfield.

In reality I guess he’s not progressed as Rangers had hoped. We’ve got the right manager to help a young CM improve though.
  • Sponsored links:

• http://bit.ly/2u441fn
    says us and Sunderland are battling for Greg Docherty on loan. Know nothing about him but a midfielder apparently. 
    http://bit.ly/2u441fn
    says us and Sunderland are battling for Greg Docherty on loan. Know nothing about him but a midfielder apparently. 

his wiki page .. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Docherty
  • Scoham said:
    I remember Greg Docherty after managing Hamilton on FM18. Was one of their original squad that I kept and was a regular in central midfield.

In reality I guess he’s not progressed as Rangers had hoped. We’ve got the right manager to help a young CM improve though.
    Feels like the kind of player we would have gone for under Roland. In League One.

We are trying to save our arses from relegation. We need to go much much bigger
  • Scoham said:
    I remember Greg Docherty after managing Hamilton on FM18. Was one of their original squad that I kept and was a regular in central midfield.

Feels like the kind of player we would have gone for under Roland. In League One.

obviously as  he's a 'foreigner' lol we know little about  him .. he's not been released, seems that he's not been able to break permanently into Gerrard's successful team .. saw him on TV a bit while at Shrewsbury .. hard worker, ginger nut (for those into barnet colours), could do a job for us if the price is right .. he's NOT a world beater, there again he's not on the market for £50 Million + .. https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/15991817.rangers-midfielder-greg-docherty-will-star-for-club-and-country-for-years-to-come-says-dave-mackinnon/
  • Laddick01 said:

Yeah go for it.
    Careful what you wish for. Remember what happened the following season the last time we beat them in a play off final? - We got relegated and they waved at us as they went up. 
  • Scoham said:

The lack that we are allegedly competing with Sunderland for him is (if true) slightly concerning, as if we have rivals for our targets, surely they should be in the same division, not the one below.
  • edited January 2020
    Jamie19 said:
    I get we have a budget to keep to but this is becoming a bit of a habit isn’t it, I’m hoping Matt Southall’s trip today was about loosening the purse strings.
     Not the best time to harp on about a steady and sustainable budget when your midfield has been decimated and you've just been taken over by a sheikh!
  • edited January 2020
    I assumed when we didn't hear anything yesterday, negotiations were still ongoing as MM agent feels there's a chance of a wage increase as we have an owner from the UAE. The same reason the North stand sung we're effing rich the other week. If this deal breaks down I wonder if there would be a rethink on the wages or we keep lowering the bar in the quality of player we go for ?

21st or above is the aim, so no need to panic just yet but...