Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Re us after Toffolo. I've heard we met their valuation.

Lincoln manager Michael Appleton says defender Harry Toffolo will only be allowed to leave the club this month if another side meets their valuation of the left-back.

Huddersfield made an offer for Toffolo in recent days - that’s despite a 'gentleman's agreement' between manager Danny Cowley and his former club when he left for Huddersfield in September that he would not make an approach for any of their players or staff until at least the end of this season.

It's thought the fee offered for Toffolo, who is also attracting interest from other Championship sides, was below Lincoln's valuation of the 24-year-old but discussions between the clubs are ongoing.
    I would have thought left back is the least of our worries. We current have Purrington & Dougherty to play there, as well as Page when he is fit. What we fecking need is a couple of strikers & midfielders who can run with the ball.
    As I've said numerous times today, you don't end up signing players in order of your priority.

What do you want us to do ?

Everything all agreed & medical done, but we don't sign him because we have a greater priority for a striker than a left wing back ? :-) 
    But a left back is not needed. I agree that you can't always sign players in a certain order, but we don't need to be looking at a left back atm. Sort out the strikers & midfield & if there is time & money left over then look at a left back. 
  • I think the point is that signing other positions is fine as long as the priority positions get filled and the order they happen is beyond our control.
  • RedChaser said:
    Follows charlton and trump. I like him already 😀 also followed by Pearce 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Im pretty sure they played at Leeds together 
    They did, here you go;

On 31 January 2013, transfer deadline day, Habibou completed his move to Leeds United on a six-month loan with the option to make the move permanent. Habibou made his debut as a second-half substitute in Leeds' 1–0 defeat against Cardiff City on 2 February. Habibou's only start came in Leeds' Yorkshire Derby against Huddersfield Town. On 3 May, Leeds announced that they wouldn't be making Habibou's loan deal permanent.
    A memorable transfer, not like I only remember cause of his name or anything
  • Have no fear, the deal will be completed by Thursday week, once we have played and lost to Preston and Fulham  :)
  • Re us after Toffolo. I've heard we met their valuation.

Lincoln manager Michael Appleton says defender Harry Toffolo will only be allowed to leave the club this month if another side meets their valuation of the left-back.

Huddersfield made an offer for Toffolo in recent days - that’s despite a 'gentleman's agreement' between manager Danny Cowley and his former club when he left for Huddersfield in September that he would not make an approach for any of their players or staff until at least the end of this season.

It's thought the fee offered for Toffolo, who is also attracting interest from other Championship sides, was below Lincoln's valuation of the 24-year-old but discussions between the clubs are ongoing.
    I would have thought left back is the least of our worries. We current have Purrington & Dougherty to play there, as well as Page when he is fit. What we fecking need is a couple of strikers & midfielders who can run with the ball.
    As I've said numerous times today, you don't end up signing players in order of your priority.

What do you want us to do ?

Everything all agreed & medical done, but we don't sign him because we have a greater priority for a striker than a left wing back ? :-) 
    But a left back is not needed. I agree that you can't always sign players in a certain order, but we don't need to be looking at a left back atm. Sort out the strikers & midfield & if there is time & money left over then look at a left back. 
    Toffolo is a decent left back, I've seen him play for a couple of clubs .. however, I wouldn't consider him to be much if at all better than Purrington, though with Ben's confidence seemingly at a low ebb, he might be in better form a t m .. central defence should be a priority if we are looking at defenders
  • Sponsored links:

• masicat said:
    Jesus, some depressing things on here. I remember the Duchatalet days when Cullen and Gallagher we’re running the midfield. Teams  like Leeds would come to the valley and get turned over , and we were at the top of the league. Managers were a dime a dozen and would sign whatever was put in front of them. We also won Wembley finals. What has happened?
    The chronic lack of investment in a competitive squad enabling us to sub in championship level quality in the spate of an injury crisis came home to roost. Chelsea compiled that by being shits.  Entitled to do what they did.  Entitled shits.

All this fault lies at the door of the twat who has just left the building.  What Bowyer did at the start of the season was remarkable but was built on foundations of sand.  

This new lot have had the keys 5 minutes and that we are busy actively trying to make signings, tie down Bowyer, communicate with fans daily, meet CAST and generally clear up and start to undo the utter clusterfuck of the last 6 years is nothing short of remarkable.

No matter what happens this window or this season we are better than the slow death the club was enduring.  It was a mirage that we were progressing....we were just getting by and the overall demise was concealed by the magnificent achievement of Bowyer and his staff and squad in the past 18 months.  

Need to have a "can do" optimistic attitude, grab our collective balls and do the best we can from top of the club down including our fanbase.  

Que sera sera and moping and woe is me thinking (not aimed at you at all masicat) is not the way forward despite how bitten we've been before.

Time will tell but we need to at least give them time and 100% support herein.  Hannibal, Murdoch, Face and BA would struggle to turn the CAFC tanker around with ease so we need to be realistic in our expectations.
     An excellent post Rodders
  • masicat said:
    Jesus, some depressing things on here. I remember the Duchatalet days when Cullen and Gallagher we’re running the midfield. Teams  like Leeds would come to the valley and get turned over , and we were at the top of the league. Managers were a dime a dozen and would sign whatever was put in front of them. We also won Wembley finals. What has happened?
    The chronic lack of investment in a competitive squad enabling us to sub in championship level quality in the spate of an injury crisis came home to roost. Chelsea compiled that by being shits.  Entitled to do what they did.  Entitled shits.

All this fault lies at the door of the twat who has just left the building.  What Bowyer did at the start of the season was remarkable but was built on foundations of sand.  

This new lot have had the keys 5 minutes and that we are busy actively trying to make signings, tie down Bowyer, communicate with fans daily, meet CAST and generally clear up and start to undo the utter clusterfuck of the last 6 years is nothing short of remarkable.

No matter what happens this window or this season we are better than the slow death the club was enduring.  It was a mirage that we were progressing....we were just getting by and the overall demise was concealed by the magnificent achievement of Bowyer and his staff and squad in the past 18 months.  

Need to have a "can do" optimistic attitude, grab our collective balls and do the best we can from top of the club down including our fanbase.  

Que sera sera and moping and woe is me thinking (not aimed at you at all masicat) is not the way forward despite how bitten we've been before.

Time will tell but we need to at least give them time and 100% support herein.  Hannibal, Murdoch, Face and BA would struggle to turn the CAFC tanker around with ease so we need to be realistic in our expectations.
    This a million times over.
  • masicat said:

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. 
  • Duck off 
  • edited January 2020
    Thought he was going to drop kick it off the pitch for a moment!!

Not very bright though is he, wouldnt it have been better to have passed the duck to a steward?

Instead its free again so can just fly back on to the pitch
  • Gillis said:
    mart77 said:
    Not really a rumour but this player has started following the Charlton twitter. Seemed random.

Obligatory YouTube video:
    This guy is not to be messed with.

A shame we won't be playing the Swans again this season!
  • edited January 2020

I don't know much about him but it's a yes from me, his name is Barlaser.

Currently on loan at Rotherham, a lot of their fans saying he is a massive reason for their current form*
  • Sponsored links:

• Thought he was going to drop kick it off the pitch for a moment!!

Not very bright though is he, wouldnt it have been better to have passed the duck to a steward?

Go and say that to his face!
  • edited January 2020
    masicat said:

Absolutely bang on. 

What do you think I am!! - Stupid?
  • masicat said:

Best post I’ve read in ages. Sums up our current plight perfectly!
  • Gillis said:
    mart77 said:
    Not really a rumour but this player has started following the Charlton twitter. Seemed random.

Obligatory YouTube video:
    This guy is not to be messed with.

A shame we won't be playing the Swans again this season!
    It was a quacking throw.

• I don't know much about him but it's a yes from me, his name is Barlaser.

Currently on loan at Rotherham, a lot of their fans saying he is a massive reason for their current form*

What do you think I am!! - Stupid?
     I'd say it to his face, but I'd need a step ladder to get there.
  • CH4RLTON said:
    masicat said:

Pretty much sums it up perfectly. 
    I thought the original post was a whoosh