Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• He's quite a weird looking chap isn't he? Slightly reminiscent of Plug from the Bash Street Kids in the Beano
  • Come on HE.

Put the shirt on, rather than holding it.

• I don't know much about him but it's a yes from me, his name is Barlaser.

Currently on loan at Rotherham, a lot of their fans saying he is a massive reason for their current form*

Come on Newcastle, do a Chelsea
    We may want him on a permanent of course.
  • edited January 2020
     Matt Southall, must be clear in his answers. Mix messages are coming out and there is ambiguity. 
    I only said the honeymoon was over By 9pm on the 2nd  because the window was already open. If we are struggling to get players from League 1 after 15 days of the window then its food for thought. 
    Tomorrow's press conference is going to be interesting. We are now entering the second half of this window so no more talk of its early days. I have no doubt Steve Gallen is working 18 hour days but I also hope it more than the 24th budget in the championship. We still don't known  because only Green on loan has come in.
    No yardstick to go by ?

• edited January 2020
    I know we don’t know the full picture of what’s going on , maybe we’ve been knocked back on Lee’s contract and other transfer bids we’ve made, in that the budget isn’t big enough to compete.

Maybe Matt’s gone over to Abu Dhabi, to show the lie of the land to HE , and Matt needs to convince him we need to up our game, and our budget, if we’re going to get transfer targets over the line.

Got the feeling Matt’s gonna be racking up the air miles!
  • Scoham said:

Christ...

Well it certainly seems he is leaving Peterborough one way or another 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillis said:
    mart77 said:
    Not really a rumour but this player has started following the Charlton twitter. Seemed random.

Obligatory YouTube video:
    This guy is not to be messed with.

What a shit, did you see the way he just threw the duck, B’stard, probably ended up at the local Chinese!
  • His excellency don’t half like a book!
  • cabbles said:

His excellency is replacing Gallagher 
    Let's hope he's better than Michael Knighton was for Manure 😉.
  • I know we don’t know the full picture of what’s going on , maybe we’ve been knocked back on Lee’s contract and other transfer bids we’ve made, in that the budget isn’t big enough to compete.

Maybe Matt’s gone over to Abu Dhabi, to show the lie of the land to HE , and Matt needs to convince him we need to up our game, and our budget, if we’re going to get transfer targets over the line.

Got the feeling Matt’s gonna be racking up the air miles!
    I do - Nothing.
  • cabbles said:

He won’t be able to play with that hat on.
  • Scoham said:

I see he has now deleted the post.
  • Scoham said:

Imagine what all the Twitter snowflakes on here would make of this if it was directed at Charlton fans, based on the reaction to Taylor daring to have an opinion and sharing it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Christ...

That’s not his account. Marcusmaddison7 is his account 
  • CafcSCP said:
    Scoham said:

Christ...

That’s not his account. Marcusmaddison7 is his account 
    Definitely is his account..
  • Barlaser is a good player. Central midfield playmaker but at 6’ he’s a decent size but looks well balanced on the ball

takes free kicks (very well) and loves an accurate long pass. Also loves a slide-rule pass through the gaps and along the floor. 

Looks tidy and is very well thought of at Rotherham. Not afraid to try something different. 

• Imagine being worth £500million+ and your office looks like that
  • Chunes said:

Imagine being worth £500million+ and your office looks like that
    Ha ha ha it’s in a studio flat in  Blackburn
  • Chunes said:

Imagine being worth £500million+ and your office looks like that
    Ha ha ha it’s in a studio flat in  Blackburn
    Or a portacabin in Thamesmead
  • cabbles said:

Where’s Scarfy!!!!!
  • TEL said:
    I really hope that Midfielder wasn't Mowatt or Maddison that we were penny pinching over, 52k a year extra is hardly crazy money for a proper player
    In the real world 52k a year is a lot of money
    It is, but we are competing with players that get that a week.