Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• My theory is that they know that January isn't a great time to buy players, so the goal is staying up and they don't want to spend big money on players that aren't good enough for the long term, hence the rather Rolandeaque window so far.  In other words, we'll have to wait until the summer to find out about our new owners' ambition.
  • edited January 2020
    Re-posted below ☺️
  • Bostock mentioned in the Mail again. 
  • Where are his combat fatigues and Kalashnikov?
  • edited January 2020
    He's only 6' 4" ..... but does pass the mandatory CL Height Test.

Opposing CBs quake in their boots.

Can play the role of favourite Uncle to all the kids in our 1st team.

Covered End look forward to singing his song, "Mouhamadou Habib Habibou, he's number 22, he's going to flatten you".

• mart77 said:
    Not really a rumour but this player has started following the Charlton twitter. Seemed random.

Who? I thought Driesen was history 😉
  • Reading the interview MS had with CAST I do wonder about our negotiating skills. We were said to have agreed terms with a player, then the agent asked for £1,000 more per week. MS asks SG if said player is worth that extra and SG says no so we pull the deal. Surely MS should have asked a) do we want the player and if yes then b) is he worth an extra £500 a week. If yes then offer that. If the agent still says no then ok walk away but at least attempt to negotiate.
    Exactly my thoughts, it doesn't make sense that we are triggering release clauses in excess of millions but not willing to pay an extra bit of wage to secure a player. Assuming that's one of the names linked it's a bit odd
    The release clause reduces as his contract expires. Been following a couple of ITK Posh fans who seem to think the max they will get for Maddison is £750k including the 'add ons'. He now has five and a half months left on his contract with them.
  • Re us after Toffolo. I've heard we met their valuation.

Lincoln manager Michael Appleton says defender Harry Toffolo will only be allowed to leave the club this month if another side meets their valuation of the left-back.

Huddersfield made an offer for Toffolo in recent days - that’s despite a 'gentleman's agreement' between manager Danny Cowley and his former club when he left for Huddersfield in September that he would not make an approach for any of their players or staff until at least the end of this season.

It's thought the fee offered for Toffolo, who is also attracting interest from other Championship sides, was below Lincoln's valuation of the 24-year-old but discussions between the clubs are ongoing.
    It was. Cowley has offered less than £500k.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    My theory is that they know that January isn't a great time to buy players, so the goal is staying up and they don't want to spend big money on players that aren't good enough for the long term, hence the rather Rolandeaque window so far.  In other words, we'll have to wait until the summer to find out about our new owners' ambition.
    So why tell us in the match day programme they fast-tracked the sale for January completion (not buying everything there and then) to address what was a vitally important January window? 
  • Follows charlton and trump. I like him already 😀 also followed by Pearce 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Swisdom said:
    literally impossible to say his name without sounding like a nutter...or like you are babbling to a newborn

Mouhamadou Habib Habibou
    Works well to the tune of ManaMana by the Muppets  :D
    Thats fckin brilliant
  • Follows charlton and trump. I like him already 😀 also followed by Pearce 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Im pretty sure they played at Leeds together 
  • Uboat said:
    My theory is that they know that January isn't a great time to buy players, so the goal is staying up and they don't want to spend big money on players that aren't good enough for the long term, hence the rather Rolandeaque window so far.  In other words, we'll have to wait until the summer to find out about our new owners' ambition.
    So why tell us in the match day programme they fast-tracked the sale for January completion (not buying everything there and then) to address what was a vitally important January window? 
    Because we need to stay up. 
  • Re us after Toffolo. I've heard we met their valuation.

Lincoln manager Michael Appleton says defender Harry Toffolo will only be allowed to leave the club this month if another side meets their valuation of the left-back.

Huddersfield made an offer for Toffolo in recent days - that’s despite a 'gentleman's agreement' between manager Danny Cowley and his former club when he left for Huddersfield in September that he would not make an approach for any of their players or staff until at least the end of this season.

It's thought the fee offered for Toffolo, who is also attracting interest from other Championship sides, was below Lincoln's valuation of the 24-year-old but discussions between the clubs are ongoing.
    I would have thought left back is the least of our worries. We current have Purrington & Dougherty to play there, as well as Page when he is fit. What we fecking need is a couple of strikers & midfielders who can run with the ball.
  • edited January 2020

Uboat said:

Next two weeks windows are critical.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Because we need to stay up. 
    Ok. Rush the deal so Roland still owns the assets and then don't spend any more in the window than he would have!
  • edited January 2020
    Follows charlton and trump. I like him already 😀 also followed by Pearce 🤷🏻‍♂️
    They did, here you go;

On 31 January 2013, transfer deadline day, Habibou completed his move to Leeds United on a six-month loan with the option to make the move permanent. Habibou made his debut as a second-half substitute in Leeds' 1–0 defeat against Cardiff City on 2 February. Habibou's only start came in Leeds' Yorkshire Derby against Huddersfield Town. On 3 May, Leeds announced that they wouldn't be making Habibou's loan deal permanent.
    Trump played for Leeds 
    FUCK me I never knew that 
    Trump would have fitted in well with the 1970s Leeds team...
  • I used to like Christmas as a kid.  Even as as an adult it was fun when CatJnr was young.  But now, all Christmas means is the f’in January window is about to open and there’s going to be 31 days of stressful bollox on the internet.  

Tomorrow I’m heading off for a week of winter sun but I know as soon as I get that hotel wifi I’ll be logging in to this sodding thread
  • I'm going to Rome for the last few days of the window.
    Trump played for Leeds 
    FUCK me I never knew that 
    That was before he declared war on them after being dropped against Barnsley. 😉