Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Not read thread, however, Docherty to sunderland looks in doubt as Charlton have came back in. Think he might end up with you. 
  • Options
    In the article it says it's Palmer, just going by that.

First time Nixon has said we have offered a 'fair' wage, normally says we are cheapos
    Both Peterborough's owner and manager have already said our offer to Maddison was fairly decent.
    I haven't seen Dmac say anywhere it was a good offer, not saying that isn't true just haven't seen it myself. All I read was Maddison was buzzing and London isn't an issue, Nixon before did say we offered poor wages, this was recently and in the past, also suggested that Bowyer needs to see if the owners have money basically. That's why I thought it was relevant to point out what Nixon had said

Edit: that's all I can see 

To be honest mate - that is exactly how it seems to me. People telling me I shouldn't make assumptions are the ones making the bigger assumptions in my book. I am just looking at it and trying to understand why things that should have happened haven't happened. Ok, it is really difficult to sign players in January, but why haven't they managed to sign up Bowyer? They haven't bought all of the club either. Just f*ing do something positive. Is that really an unreasonable expectation.
    I feel like I'm probably coming across as a WUM at times but it's genuine. I understand people want to be positive because of what we just got through but nothing has been shown yet that we are much better off. Roland failed yes but even he when he came in brought in a certain level of player that had pedigree, TBH, Bikey, JBG, Igor etc, none would have been cheap at all. In the end that model failed granted because we had terrible scouts and managers. We have this habbit of being ecstatic very early, I can think of many examples but one that stands out the most was Roger Johnson, check his first match report. Had people calling him a warrior etc, few weeks later he's judas.

I bought into Southall's interview but since then all I've seen is words. I don't blame people for being positive just as much as I don't see the harm in people being negative, again it's expected after the past decade.

I hope I'm completely wrong but my gut does tell me we are going to be severely underwhelmed
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He's a Rangers player. 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    Nothing. I'm stunned.
    Let me try. 'Izzy, wizzy, let's get busy...' taps magic wand...
  • Options
    Damn!
  • Options
    My Rangers season ticket holding mate messaged me earlier saying he would do a job for us, same guy also said Joe Dodoo would tear it up though so I don't really pay much attention to him

Me saying if he isn't good enough for Scottish top flight so league 1 is about right is to wind him up, there is deffo quality in Scotland

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not sure why but i like the sound of this Docherty guy.
  • Options
    Where did wijnaldum end up in the league with newcastle? The championship?! 
  • Options
    ChiAddick said:
    Scoham said:
    He's a Rangers player. 
    I know, I meant ahead of Sunderland.
  • Options
    A throw away from Rangers is the same as a Bostock, the throw away from Forest.  Admittedly knowing absolutely nothing about the lad, but come on, a sub from Scottish football..
  • Options
    A throw away from Rangers is the same as a Bostock, the throw away from Forest.  Admittedly knowing absolutely nothing about the lad, but come on, a sub from Scottish football..
    Loans are usually subs
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Loans are usually subs
    No they are not.
    Teams usually weight the deal that the more appearances the player makes, the less you pay them.

Loans are more likely to play than be a sub, although in this case I can see Docherty being a sub more than playing.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Loans are usually subs
    No they are not.
    Teams usually weight the deal that the more appearances the player makes, the less you pay them.

Loans are more likely to play than be a sub, although in this case I can see Docherty being a sub more than playing.
    No @Covered End ... He was complaining the bloke is only a sub at Rangers. If he wasn't a sub he wouldn't be getting loaned out. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Loans are usually subs
    Yeah, I mean I’d take a sub Chelsea (Gallagher), West Ham (Cullen).  But not teams that are not a lot better than us.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Loans are usually subs
    Yeah, I mean I’d take a sub Chelsea (Gallagher), West Ham (Cullen).  But not teams that are not a lot better than us.
    Scottish football is rubbish but I think Rangers are decent. 
  • Options
    In the article it says it's Palmer, just going by that.

First time Nixon has said we have offered a 'fair' wage, normally says we are cheapos
    Both Peterborough's owner and manager have already said our offer to Maddison was fairly decent.
    I haven't seen Dmac say anywhere it was a good offer, not saying that isn't true just haven't seen it myself. All I read was Maddison was buzzing and London isn't an issue, Nixon before did say we offered poor wages, this was recently and in the past, also suggested that Bowyer needs to see if the owners have money basically. That's why I thought it was relevant to point out what Nixon had said

He must be off to the Bees then
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-reason-chris-solly-missed-preston-game-as-charlton-boss-hopes-three-injured-players-back-for-fulham/

"Bowyer is hoping to have Cullen, Lyle Taylor and Sam Field available for the derby against Fulham."

Jesus wept.....are our players made of glass or what  !!!   Cullen got a ball on his toe & jarred his knee....wtf  ??   Bert Trautman played the Cup final with a fucking broken arm.

With regard to any new signings...........doesn't really matter that much now. Have to be signed by midday tomorrow to be able on play on Wednesday so might as well forget any signings until Friday week as in case the club have forgotten WE DONT HAVE ANYMORE GAMES UNTIL AFTER THE WINDOW HAS SHUT.

I think Trautman had a broken neck?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Loans are usually subs
    Scottish football is rubbish but I think Rangers are decent. 
    I’d argue the top two are slightly better than us, squad players from slightly better than us are hardly going to make an impact, generally speaking.
  • Options
    A friend of mine at work is a Shrewsbury Town season ticket holder, he says Docherty is technically a very good player but you must play to his strengths, he was just in a poor team but was the standout player. I suppose, if we get him, it'll be time to comment on him after a game or two.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-reason-chris-solly-missed-preston-game-as-charlton-boss-hopes-three-injured-players-back-for-fulham/

"Bowyer is hoping to have Cullen, Lyle Taylor and Sam Field available for the derby against Fulham."

Jesus wept.....are our players made of glass or what  !!!   Cullen got a ball on his toe & jarred his knee....wtf  ??   Bert Trautman played the Cup final with a fucking broken arm.

With regard to any new signings...........doesn't really matter that much now. Have to be signed by midday tomorrow to be able on play on Wednesday so might as well forget any signings until Friday week as in case the club have forgotten WE DONT HAVE ANYMORE GAMES UNTIL AFTER THE WINDOW HAS SHUT.

I think Trautman had a broken neck?
    He did indeed Sound As 😉
  • Options
    It makes sense to bring loan players in. Firstly, because perms will want to know the position with Bowyer and which division we will be playing in next year. Secondly, if they are not great and we get them in because we are desperate, we are not stuck with them. Now this Docherty may not be as good as our injured players or players coming back to fitness, but he sounds like a player we could do with now. And when better players come back, if they are better and don't get injured again, he can still do a job from the bench. This is the sort of thing we needed to be making happen 20 days ago!
  • Options
    A friend of mine at work is a Shrewsbury Town season ticket holder, he says Docherty is technically a very good player but you must play to his strengths, he was just in a poor team but was the standout player. I suppose, if we get him, it'll be time to comment on him after a game or two.
    Where's the fun in that RM let's write him off now and be underwhelmed 😏.