Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    Remember that Fleck wasn’t deemed good enough for Rangers. After spells in League 1 and Championship, the lad can more than hold his own in the Premier League
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    I thought he was much better than people gave him credit for. He was slow and some people couldn't see beyond that.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Not convinced on this. A guy who played for a Shrewsbury side who finished 18th in league one and now can't even get in the Rangers side, is perhaps not the player we need ready and able to walk into a championship teams midfield. 

No doubt a better option to have than the likes of Dempsey and Vennings but with players like Cullen, Field and Oztumer coming back, i don't see him adding much.
    I don't know how Shrewsbury finishing 18th is much of a reflection on a single player, though.
    And he was in the League One team of the year apparently. Scored a goal every five games from midfield. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Chunes said:
    Scoham said:
    Not convinced on this. A guy who played for a Shrewsbury side who finished 18th in league one and now can't even get in the Rangers side, is perhaps not the player we need ready and able to walk into a championship teams midfield. 

No doubt a better option to have than the likes of Dempsey and Vennings but with players like Cullen, Field and Oztumer coming back, i don't see him adding much.
    I don't know how Shrewsbury finishing 18th is much of a reflection on a single player, though.
    And he was in the League One team of the year apparently. Scored a goal every five games from midfield. 
    That will do, get him in..........like now please ESI!
  • Options
    I really thought there'd be an announcement today. It's the hope that kills you. 
  • Options
    Remember that Fleck wasn’t deemed good enough for Rangers. After spells in League 1 and Championship, the lad can more than hold his own in the Premier League
    Agreed but as said, generally speaking.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    DOUCHER said:
    I think we can get away with two midfielders and one striker. Of the right quality of course.
    Green bone taylor Davidson and hemed should be enough - taylor and green first choice - Lockyer is the only centre half good enough.

As a ITK poster, you were one of the first to say about Gallagher and Swansea are you now saying that kermit the frog is signing ?
    I heard he's good in the air.

• Options
    I hope i'm proven wrong on this if he does sign, but i just think that we should be aiming higher than Docherty. We need to stay in the championship and for me that means bringing in players who are good enough to play in a championship side immediately. If he can't get in the Rangers side, then is he really good enough?

Remember Bowyer was pretty damning about Aribo going there, player should be aiming higher, it's not a great league, poor standard, only 4-5 tough games a season etc etc................and now we're going after a player who can't even get in their side. 

Also how match fit is he? He hasn't played a first team game since August. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Would like Docherty but only if it’s a loan to buy.

He was excellent last season in our division and he’s got potential to run a midfield in this league with a season or so of experience. But I don’t think he’s capable of that within the next six months.

Loaning him now with no prospect of reaping the rewards of his development wouldn’t excite me. Building a midfield around him and Cullen would.
  • Options
    9 times out of 10 if a player is the club's POTY they must have something about them, no matter what level imo 
    We're good value for the 1 out of 10 if the likes of Simon Francis are anything to go by!
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    A throw away from Rangers is the same as a Bostock, the throw away from Forest.  Admittedly knowing absolutely nothing about the lad, but come on, a sub from Scottish football..
    Loans are usually subs
    No they are not.
    Teams usually weight the deal that the more appearances the player makes, the less you pay them.

Loans are more likely to play than be a sub, although in this case I can see Docherty being a sub more than playing.
    No @Covered End ... He was complaining the bloke is only a sub at Rangers. If he wasn't a sub he wouldn't be getting loaned out. 
    Sorry, I thought you meant the loanee club would tend to use the loaned players as subs. My apologies.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'll judge a player Gallen and Bowyer pick  when he's on the pitch playing for us. Not by who he's playing for.

Players can be undervalued by managers and teams.

Leicester laughed at us when we bought Kermogant.

Danny Mills was rotting in Norwich reserves. 

Trust the recruitment until you can judge for yourself. This "I have no idea who this player is, but really is this who we're going for?" is needless pessimism.

And yet you’d admit you’d get more excited by a sub from Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool than one from Rangers/Forest/Bristol City?  Which was exactly my point.  Hence why it ain’t “needless pessimism”.
  • Options
    I hope i'm proven wrong on this if he does sign, but i just think that we should be aiming higher than Docherty. We need to stay in the championship and for me that means bringing in players who are good enough to play in a championship side immediately. If he can't get in the Rangers side, then is he really good enough?

Remember Bowyer was pretty damning about Aribo going there, player should be aiming higher, it's not a great league, poor standard, only 4-5 tough games a season etc etc................and now we're going after a player who can't even get in their side. 

Also how match fit is he? He hasn't played a first team game since August. 
    Most of your posts make sense. Can’t you try and fit in a bit more please and have a rant and write off esi after 3 weeks for not upgrading the toilet paper from Lidl’s own brand to Andrex 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    I'll judge a player Gallen and Bowyer pick  when he's on the pitch playing for us. Not by who he's playing for.

Trust the recruitment until you can judge for yourself. This "I have no idea who this player is, but really is this who we're going for?" is needless pessimism.

And yet you’d admit you’d get more excited by a sub from Chelsea/Arsenal/Liverpool than one from Rangers/Forest/Bristol City?  Which was exactly my point.  Hence why it ain’t “needless pessimism”.
    Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying the criteria for our scouting should be that they make you excited?

Rather have a loan B&G think will do a job. And with experience in this division. All day long.
  • Options
    Just a small addition o my previous post re Docherty, my mate who I mentioned also said he was the main play-maker and could pick a pass, the trouble was some of the midfielders he was playing with were just not good enough/up to speed and couldnt take advantage. I reckon putting him alongside Cullen and Field could be a masterstoke......but as others have said....I should be writing him off before he potentially joins!!! LOL
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/the-reason-chris-solly-missed-preston-game-as-charlton-boss-hopes-three-injured-players-back-for-fulham/

"Bowyer is hoping to have Cullen, Lyle Taylor and Sam Field available for the derby against Fulham."

Jesus wept.....are our players made of glass or what  !!!   Cullen got a ball on his toe & jarred his knee....wtf  ??   Bert Trautman played the Cup final with a fucking broken arm.

With regard to any new signings...........doesn't really matter that much now. Have to be signed by midday tomorrow to be able on play on Wednesday so might as well forget any signings until Friday week as in case the club have forgotten WE DONT HAVE ANYMORE GAMES UNTIL AFTER THE WINDOW HAS SHUT.

I think Trautman had a broken neck?
    Sorry, my bad. But you get the gist.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure tomorrow will be the day for announcements they are all working round the clock today to get deals done
  • Options
    I'm sure tomorrow will be the day for announcements they are all working round the clock today to get deals done
    Source?
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying the criteria for our scouting should be that they make you excited?

Rather have a loan B&G think will do a job. And with experience in this division. All day long.
    You’ve taken “excited” to literally, so I’ll help you out, a sub from brilliant team > a sub from an average team (generally speaking)

And Conor Gallagher wasn’t just doing a job, he was a class act, which needs replacing with a class act. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We are desperate. I reckon he is better than Dempsey at this time - get him in and stop farting about is what I say.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

You’ve taken “excited” to literally, so I’ll help you out, a sub from brilliant team > a sub from an average team (generally speaking)

And Conor Gallagher wasn’t just doing a job, he was a class act, which needs replacing with a class act. 
    Conor was a one-off as a loan ... doubt we will be lucky enough to repeat that again. 
    No he wasn’t, see Bielik/Cullen.
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Conor was a one-off as a loan ... doubt we will be lucky enough to repeat that again. 
    Actually our loanees in the past couple of seasons have been a roaring success
  • Options
    Was chatting to a Jock in the pub last week, Rangers fan, doesn't understand why Gerrard is not playing him, reckons he would do a great job in the Championship - Docherty that is 
  • Options
    Oh well! No much transfer business done on a Monday I guess. Let’s see what tomorrow brings..