Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2020 transfer rumours thread (Deadline Day starts Page 283)

Comments

• Options
    That 5 year plan will become a 8/9 year plan if nothing happens. 
    Do you honestly believe that we will not sign anyone this month?
    Anyone, yes.

Of the required quality, doesn’t look likely when we are not pay the necessary for league one forwards (Gnanduillet).

Happy to be wrong.
    Blackpool moves the goal posts at the last minute. Not Charltons fault

if you stop off at a pub tonight and order a £3.50 pint and the barman pours the pint, puts it in front of you and says £4 please. Do you pay or do you tell him to do one and go for a pint elsewhere?
    I'd offer £3.75
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Anyone, yes.

Of the required quality, doesn’t look likely when we are not pay the necessary for league one forwards (Gnanduillet).

Happy to be wrong.

if you stop off at a pub tonight and order a £3.50 pint and the barman pours the pint, puts it in front of you and says £4 please. Do you pay or do you tell him to do one and go for a pint elsewhere?
    Except in Blackpools case their striker had hit form and was the second top scorer and it's January. It most definitely isn't Blackpools fault, 650k for a striker who's 27 on 14 goals? Is a snip nowdays when you look at what Marriot, Lookman, Washington and now Toney will go for, regardless of length of contract 

To answer your analogy in relation to Blackpools situation if the pint increases the likelihood I'll get pissed sooner and I have nowhere else to drink, yeah I'll pay the extra bit.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Anyone, yes.

Happy to be wrong.

Except in Blackpools case their striker had hit form and was the second top scorer and it's January. It most definitely isn't Blackpools fault, 650k for a striker who's 27 on 14 goals? Is a snip nowdays when you look at what Marriot, Lookman, Washington and now Toney will go for, regardless of length of contract 

To answer your analogy in relation to Blackpools situation if the pint suddenly guarantees I'll get pissed sooner and I have nowhere else to drink, yeah I'll pay the extra bit.
    But what it's 9 pm and you know the land lord has to sell the pint by 9:30 pm, otherwise he'll have to give you (or someone else) the pint for free at 11 pm?

Then you're up against potentially 30 other geezers to get that pint, they're all built like brick shithouses and they've brought their mates along to. Can avoid the ag if you cough up the cash before they arrive 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Is nothing was close today I can't see anything being done tomorrow. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Same, another forfeit imminent.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Jamie Murphy announced by Burton. You’d think the other bloke going out the door at Rangers would be announced soon after. Maybe. Possibly.
  • Options
    Fair play to Blackpool. They are going for promotion. Just because we are desperate for a striker, why should they help us out? If anything it validates their stance. Only a fool sells their top scorer cheaply in January when going promotion even with 6 months left on their contract (Roland yes I am talking about you re Grant).

Same with Maddison. It will be the biggest contract of his career, why should he rush. If waits 6 months there will probably be bigger offers around.

At the moment due to our lack of bodies it's the selling clubs and players holding all the cards, not us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone, yes.

Happy to be wrong.

To answer your analogy in relation to Blackpools situation if the pint suddenly guarantees I'll get pissed sooner and I have nowhere else to drink, yeah I'll pay the extra bit.
    But what it's 9 pm and you know the land lord has to sell the pint by 9:30 pm, otherwise he'll have to give you (or someone else) the pint for free at 11 pm?

Then you're up against potentially 30 other geezers to get that pint, they're all built like brick shithouses and they've brought their mates along to. Can avoid the ag if you cough up the cash before they arrive 
    It's like if you're buying a house and...
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Lyle Taylor had never played higher then the middle of League 1 when he signed for us, if Doherty is deemed good enough by Gallen and Bowyer, then I'll take their judgement over someone who's looking at a wikipedia profile of a player  
    Taylor signed for us also in league one and grew with us.

I'm not saying Docherty can't be a decent player in time, but we don't have time. We need a player who can walk into our side now and he hasn't played a first team game for 5 months.

I hope i'm proved wrong (if he signs of course).
    How do you know Docherty can't/won't do that? Based on what exactly 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yeah fuck it, let’s all stay indoors.
    This ain’t the first or the last I’d of headed to the valley knowing a defeat was imminent.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Yeah fuck it, let’s all stay indoors.
    This ain’t the first or the last I’d of headed to the valley knowing a defeat was imminent.
    Been travelling to the away games since beginning of November knowing a wins out the question
  • Options
    We have until noon tomorrow for any signing to he eligible to play Wed night. Seeing as 8 expect everyone at any club has shut up shop now we have around 3-4 hours left. 

I'm not expecting anyone to sign & I reckon Bowyer is banking on Taylor, Cullen & Field to be able to play some part on Wednesday.....then I reckon it will be loans only with maybe one desperate permanent signing (Maddison) on deadline day. Problem is, once again, if they sign after noon on the 31st they will miss the Barnsley match the next day.
  • Options
    Anyone, yes.

Happy to be wrong.

Depends how far the nearest pub is, how much they charge, whether they will still be open when I get there and whether the beer there is any good. I’d probably just pay the extra 50p most times. 

Probably wouldn’t go back there though. 
  • Options
    We have until noon tomorrow for any signing to he eligible to play Wed night. Seeing as 8 expect everyone at any club has shut up shop now we have around 3-4 hours left. 

I'm not expecting anyone to sign & I reckon Bowyer is banking on Taylor, Cullen & Field to be able to play some part on Wednesday.....then I reckon it will be loans only with maybe one desperate permanent signing (Maddison) on deadline day. Problem is, once again, if they sign after noon on the 31st they will miss the Barnsley match the next day.
    You are actually more optimistic than me there Golfaddick. Maybe an underwhelming loan tomorrow and a couple more before the window closes. No perms and Bowyer stalls on his contract.
  • Options
    Tomorrow morning the deadline for the Fulham game?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:

You are actually more optimistic than me there Golfaddick. Maybe an underwhelming loan tomorrow and a couple more before the window closes. No perms and Bowyer stalls on his contract.
    I’m confident there will be at least one permanent signing before the end of the month.

Loads more activity still to be done across the whole country. Things work in a domino effect, one deal elsewhere could kick start a whole host of deals. 

• Options
    Sage said:

I’m confident there will be at least one permanent signing before the end of the month.

Loads more activity still to be done across the whole country. Things work in a domino effect, one deal elsewhere could kick start a whole host of deals. 
    That really might not be enough though Sage, even with two more loans. I do think that like you say things will start moving soon and I’m still hoping to see 4/5 in and praying for Cullen/Taylor contracts!
  • Options
    Well let's start with one and work from there shall we :)
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    mart77 said:
    Sage said:

That really might not be enough though Sage, even with two more loans. I do think that like you say things will start moving soon and I’m still hoping to see 4/5 in and praying for Cullen/Taylor contracts!
    Of course it might not be enough... We could sign five players and it might not keep us up

As you can guarantee that if we do go down, any number of players we've signed will be blamed on Gallen / Bowyer for not being good enough

End of the day though it wont be because those involved havent tried their damndest
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Sage said:

True about the domino effect, two of which concern me. Apparently both Birmingham and Hull will go for Maddison properly if either sell Bellingham/Bowen respectively
  • Options
    Sage said:

True about the domino effect, two of which concern me. Apparently both Birmingham and Hull will go for Maddison properly if either sell Bellingham/Bowen respectively
    Which is why Maddison is in no hurry to sign 
  • Options
    mart77 said:
    Sage said:

I think we might see the 4 coming in. We were aiming at getting 3 in before Gallagher went, so he will need to be replaced too.

Things will start moving along far quicker between now and the end of the window. There’s going to be a lot of movement across the board in the final week with some surprising deals going through as well. There’s no chance things will remain as quiet as what they have been, for everyone.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Message to a mutual friend of mine Direct from Max Powers dad

”All rumours, Max has been captain for the last 7 games so couldn’t see him moving”

Thanks for asking