Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Luton Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 26 November | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Matthews the only senior player on the bench which suggests Sarr and Oshilaja start then. Wonder how that's going to work. 
  • Options
    2-1 unfortunately.

anyone know if the buses are running from the town centre again?
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Am I the only one reading anything into the “do you count Albie as a senior yet” comment?  I’m  reading it rather than hearing it so can’t feel the tone of the comment and it may be nothing at all.  But it does feel a little bit to me that Lee never misses an opportunity to be hard on Albie. Maybe what he needs at this stage of his development and in Lee we trust, but it feels just a little harsh to me. happy to be shot down. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Matthews the only senior player on the bench which suggests Sarr and Oshilaja start then. Wonder how that's going to work. 
    Oshilaja was cramped up in Saturdays game so he might not have recovered sufficiently 😧.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Talal said:
    Oshilaja was cramped up in Saturdays game so he might not have recovered sufficiently 😧.
    True, forgot that possibility. 
  • Options
    To win, I think we need to score 3. 
  • Options
    Am I the only one reading anything into the “do you count Albie as a senior yet” comment?  I’m  reading it rather than hearing it so can’t feel the tone of the comment and it may be nothing at all.  But it does feel a little bit to me that Lee never misses an opportunity to be hard on Albie. Maybe what he needs at this stage of his development and in Lee we trust, but it feels just a little harsh to me. happy to be shot down. 
    I think some players need a kick and some need a hug. Bowyer probably puts Morgan in the first category and he probably rates him so wants to drum into him how he can be a better player. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    My best guess at tonight's team;

Phillips,

Solly, Lockyer, Pearce, Sarr, Purrington

Pratley, Gallagher, Oztumer or Oshilaja (whichever one is fit).

Bonne & Leko

Subs; AMB, Matthews, Morgan, Doughty, Davison, Vennings

I don't normally do predictions on the Addicks but this is the sort of backs to the wall game where we defy the odds so I'm going for a draw.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

Phillips,

Bonne & Leko

I don't normally do predictions on the Addicks but this is the sort of backs to the wall game where we defy the odds so I'm going for a draw.
    I don’t think you’ll be far away with that line up. I hope Oz is fit because otherwise there is precious little creativity and we will need to be good on the break. I like Deji and in a backs to the wall situation he’ll be handy to have although he looked really knackered by the end on Saturday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With games every 4-5 days and our current injuries I am just looking for survival now.  I would anticipate another injury for every player who returns with a workload like that ,sadly.
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    RedChaser said:

Phillips,

Bonne & Leko

I don’t think you’ll be far away with that line up. I hope Oz is fit because otherwise there is precious little creativity and we will need to be good on the break. I like Deji and in a backs to the wall situation he’ll be handy to have although he looked really knackered by the end on Saturday. 
    Agreed mate on Oshilaja but it never ceases to amaze me that professional footballers who most of the week all they do is train their bodies to a high level of fitness still suffer with cramp at this stage of the season! If they were our age I could fully understand it 😉.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Phillips,

Bonne & Leko

Agreed mate on Oshilaja but it never ceases to amaze me that professional footballers who most of the week all they do is train their bodies to a high level of fitness still suffer with cramp at this stage of the season! If they were our age I could fully understand 😉.
    I blame all the vodka and Jager he drinks  :)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

Phillips,

Bonne & Leko

Agreed mate on Oshilaja but it never ceases to amaze me that professional footballers who most of the week all they do is train their bodies to a high level of fitness still suffer with cramp at this stage of the season! If they were our age I could fully understand 😉.
    I blame all the vodka and Jager he drinks  :)
    Needs to put more salt on his chips when gets his and Bowyer's lunch from Macy Ds and more tonic in the vodka 😉.
  • Options
    Unless we find a way to win the midfield battle we're going to be in trouble. Not sure Sarr's the answer (sorry Leuth) but we do need a more physical presence in the middle of the park (especially if Pratley can only manage 60 minutes). 2-1 Luton.
  • Options
    Would take a point all day long, but can't see it. 

Actually think it'll be the first game all season where we are pissed all over. 3-0 Luton.
  • Options
    Unless we find a way to win the midfield battle we're going to be in trouble. Not sure Sarr's the answer (sorry Leuth) but we do need a more physical presence in the middle of the park (especially if Pratley can only manage 60 minutes). 2-1 Luton.
    He's had the longest break so would expect him to last the 90.
  • Options
    Luton have just lost 5 on the spin.
    They are shite. 
    Injuries or not we will get a result tonight. 
  • Options
    They are shite. 
    You're a poet and you know it 😉.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are shite. 
    Perfect time to face us and end that run then
  • Options
    They are shite. 
    All the ingredients then for a Luton win. Only Charlton. 
  • Options
    clive said:
    Teenage midfielder James Vennings is set to be on the bench for Charlton’s match at Luton Town tonight – with the club’s injury crisis deepening at the weekend.
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletics-midfield-injury-issues-mean-19-year-old-set-for-bench-role-at-luton-town/
    Vennings looked superb against the minnows of Broadbridge Heath. 
  • Options
    They are shite. 
    As my old man always says, we are the "doctors" of the league. Any team who havent won for ages will beat us. If a player is on a goal drought.... he'll score. 

Expect Luton to win tonight.
  • Options

God knows on our starting line up, injuries everywhere!

Luton are generally solid at home but also struggling, we need a win and I think we will a smash and grab 1-0 away win for me. Bonne with the goal. COYR

• Options
    I can’t see it being pretty. With the team we are likely to select it will be a containment job. It’s a shame in one sense that we find ourselves down to the bare bones  in a game where we would have otherwise been expected to win. I don’t know how to call this at all. I can see a bore draw, a smash and grab win or a complete hammering. 
  • Options
    2-1 to Luton, maybe 2-0.
    I'd be very happy with a point.
  • Options

God knows on our starting line up, injuries everywhere!

Luton are generally solid at home but also struggling, we need a win and I think we will a smash and grab 1-0 away win for me. Bonne with the goal. COYR

• Options
    I'm going for three results out of three, 2-1 to the rip roaring Addicks!
  • Options
    Cant see anything other than a defeat :(

Hope the lads prove me wrong but after the injuries and a weak bench i just cant see how we will get a result.

Prove me wrong boys please.