Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is Thomas Driesen Gone? - he popped in on p16, and back out on p26

Comments

• Options
    aliwibble said:
     I think he's likely to have a better idea than most of us, given he was working at the club at the time.
    Because people who have worked at Charlton Athletic always tell the truth 🤔
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    MrOneLung said:
    I don’t read Twitter so can’t comment on stuff Driesen has been saying about us or what fans have been saying to him, but I for one am interested in hearing what he has to say about that period and likewise any rebuttals other have to his comments. 

No need for any nastiness. 

Nastiness like this...?

Am sure there are posts at him similar. 

Like I said, interested in his perception of what went on, and also interested in others who can confirm, deny or question this viewpoint 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Rothko said:
    anyway, nice to see the site is now available for laundering reputations, looking forward to the Matt, Chris and Katrien posts in coming days 
    So who decides who is worthy and who is not?

Any ex employee?  Or only ones that are labeled as baddies?  What about if Russell Slade signed up? 

• Options
    Unless I have missed a post - there is no proof, as yet, that this is him posting …..

Happy to be corrected 
    Accept there's some sad people about, but would someone really take the time to start up an account and write a 95 thousand word essay on what may or may not have happened?
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
     I think he's likely to have a better idea than most of us, given he was working at the club at the time.
    Fair point, but I'd trust @BDL's word over various others I could mention.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    @johnnyh2 - 45 games in hand?!
    Meant 5, now edited
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    aliwibble said:
    Fair point, but I'd trust @BDL's word over various others I could mention.
    As do I.
    Hence why I don’t trust TD as far as I could throw him.
    And am uncomfortable with him being here.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    anyway, nice to see the site is now available for laundering reputations, looking forward to the Matt, Chris and Katrien posts in coming days 
    So who decides who is worthy and who is not?

Any ex employee?  Or only ones that are labeled as baddies?  What about if Russell Slade signed up? 

I’ll be patient for Russell’s post my priggish friend 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    BDL said:
    @ThomasD What was your role in the sale of Yann Kermorgant?
    "One of the things I see people say about me is that I told Roland to sell fan favorite Yann Kermorgant. I have no idea where this came from (Airmanbrown or Jimmy Stone maybe)?
    In my report I highlighted him as our best player. But 3 of the other scouts said he was getting old and we could probably find better. So Roland listened to these poeple who were far more experienced then me and who did a very good job at Standard Liege in the years before. These same people also suggested Reza te come to Charlton, I didn't say 'no' but I said I had my doubts about him adjusting to English football"

And this is where I just don’t buy it, he takes little responsibility for the poor signings and the sales but all the credit for the good players picked up. It’s fluffing his own reputation
    In fairness, he did say “ The poeple who follow me on twitter have seen me name many times the players I was involved with and that where not a succes (Ceballos, El Hadji Ba, Franck Moussa, Roger Johnson). I probably am forgetting a few.”
    “I probably am forgetting a few” is doing some really heavy lifting there 
    Wish I could bloody forget some of the players he “approved” too. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This thread feels like bumping into an ex on a night out and drunkenly debating where it all went wrong and whose fault it was for it going tits up.

Tits up is a perfectly legitimate way to make love I don’t see the problem to be honest 
  • Options
    UEAAddick said:
    Rothko said:
    No better then Farnell puffing himself up on twitter earlier this week.

these rats of the past coming out when results look poor, and some fans jumping on them as honest brokers, is actually quiet sad
    I don't get it either it is proper weird. He's just after five minutes of fame.
    Perhaps unfair. He may think he’s been unfairly maligned? Twitter can be a harsh place, but he’d have well advised to not try to dish it back to Charlton fans as it only makes things worse. 
    Can’t read his tweets anyway, because he blocked me years ago. If you’re reading this, could you unblock me Thomas D?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Rothko said:
    No one asking for censoring or ‘cancelling’ what ever people think that means.

it’s very easy to post something on here, and pick and choose your replies, instead of dodging being interviewed by say Jimmy for the podcast or anyone with a journalistic background and having a proper conversation where facts get examined, it’s reputation laundering, and watching people stroking their chins, going on about both sides is just nonsense. 

If Thomas had anything about him, he’s do a proper interview, otherwise it’s a grifter excusing the grift 
    Has he dodged interviews with other journalists or just with Jimmy? I think he's made it pretty clear why he doesn't want to speak to Jimmy.

A separate debate can be had on Tommy's decision to dodge an interview with Jimmy but if he doesn't want to engage because he feels he won't be taken seriously, that's his prerogative. 
  • Options
    What you have to remember is Roland,Katrien and Thomas turned Charlton into a laughing stock.
    Riga was a very good manager who Roland could always call on. After Riga left the second time things went down hill very quickly.
    Peeters and Riga are also fluent in French,Dutch,and English . Would have expected the other scouts in Roland’s set up to have been the same

This club has never recovered from Roland’s takeover.
    They may not have been fluent in all three, but I’d be surprised if they didn’t at least have passable English.