Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Hull City POST MATCH THREAD | 13/12/19

Comments

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    What was WILL.I.AM doing at the game? Is he one of the investors? Or was he just keeping tabs on Gallagher on behalf of his friends at Chelsea?
  • Options
    WHY AM I GETTING CAR FINANCE ADVERTS?

THIS IS NOT TARGETED ADVERTISING.
    FUCK OFF 
    Apologies for mistakenly trying to bring a modicum of humour to a dark day.

I shall retreat in to the hole from whence I came.
    Apology accepted  I'm in a bad mood. 

Nah bollox 

FUCK OFF 
    I'd expect nothing less.

In the words of Ali G, restecp.
    Love you really mate 
  • Options
    Isn't that Ansah?
  • Options
    Bottlers! 

Get yourselves an idiomatic dictionnaire.

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    What was WILL.I.AM doing at the game? Is he one of the investors? Or was he just keeping tabs on Gallagher on behalf of his friends at Chelsea?
    It's Andy Ansah isn't it?

Or am i being whooshed?
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Isn't that Ansah?
    Yes, already confirmed by L Mendez.

• Options
    She's our new Katrien!
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the replay of their equalizer yet but if all accounts true the ball in should have been dealt with ,What ever happened to the old Charlie Wright saying “if in doubt punch it out” you hardly see keepers doing that these days.
    Phillips did punch one effectively earlier in the half
  • Options
    Haven’t seen the replay of their equalizer yet but if all accounts true the ball in should have been dealt with ,What ever happened to the old Charlie Wright saying “if in doubt punch it out” you hardly see keepers doing that these days.
    Phillips did punch one effectively earlier in the half
    Ok so rare these days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How unlucky can one team be.

That said, I think we got the tactics wrong, sitting back like we did for what, 30 minutes minimum is just inviting trouble.

QPR next week to really make my Christmas!
  • Options
    though the result has pissed me off i will always have the memory of Sarr starting and finishing a goal that spanned the length of the pitch. when he crossed into final third he had all the serenity of a man out jogging on a Sunday morning in a Parisian park. 
    It was literally the coolest goal I've ever seen from a CB. If he had pace he'd be phenomenal in a holding midfield role.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wish people would fuck off using the term bottlers

They're fucking low on confidence because they're being shafted by referees and injuries every week - Or can someone even fucking well explain how they werent bottling it against Brentford or Leeds!!!
    The team are a massive bunch of bottlers.
    And fans like you are a massive bunch of cunts!!!

Fair weather aint ya... Great when its going well but dont have the guts for battles like this
    Poor defenders who drop too deep in last 20 mins and try to defend the 18 yard box, knowing that when the final ball comes in they will crumble beneath it and hope that Phillips will get them out of jail. Bottlers.
    Of course because you know about the mindset of a pro athlete!!!
    So you are happy with the mindset of a team that concedes 5 goals in added time?
    You don't believe there is a problem there? It's all just back luck is it?
    You HAVE to make the right decisions when it counts. That is bottle in professional sport - when the pressure is really on.

Of course I'm not happy but what your calling the players is bullshit - Why the fuck do you for one second think I'd be happy with conceding in the last minute

I'm frustrated at the referee for giving free-kicks which arent as they're costing us badly!!.. I'm frustrated for the players as you can see by their reactions at Full-Time that they've given their all for nearly the entirety of the game yet ultimately this is Football, its Sport... Players will drop back in the last 20mins because the opposition are forcing them to do s (or do you think its like a stage play where everyone has their part to play, the story is pre-written and Hull were supposed to just come here and have their tummies tickled!!) - Of course Bowyer would make the changes to counter Hull forcing us deep but he cant at the moment can he

Am sorry but the word your using is far too simple a word to describe how they're playing

To say the players have no bottle is to say they're scared of going for the win of managing to hold out

Lack of confidence is what the players are going through, they're fully aware they're conceding last minute goals and will be aware of the potential of a last minute goal happening the moment the injury time board goes up because its happening every week (hell Adam Forshaw admitted as much that players go through that emotion when he was on Quest a few weeks ago)

Yet nor did you answer my question, how can a player have the bottle to see out a game like Brentford or Leeds yet suddenly not have the bottle against Huddersfield or Hull?

Of course its not bottle that we're talking about, players arent robots, they're NOT going to make the right decisions every time

We crumbled. Again.
  • Options
    Lapslie's pressing is being missed too atm.
  • Options

"We just need to convince the EFL that we're not involved"..
  • Options
    although gutting to concede at end, the performance has given me hope we can get some points before the january window. thought leko was very good, and gallagher and we pressed a lot better - i think grants pace completely skewed our tactics on tuesday. this takeover better not fall through - don't get the hold up  
  • Options
    It normally takes 6 weeks...so is there really a hold up?
  • Options
    Maybe one of the 'strange things' will be that he walks out onto the pitch and we sing 'who ate all the pies'
  • Options
    Thought we competed well, but our defence is creaky beyond belief.

None of the middle three convince me totally, but there is also the issue in both FB positions in that they both fall between being not complete defenders, but don't offer much going the other way either.

For the first goal Matthews virtually invited that cross to be made, and Purrington simply has to win that header for the second.