Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    Believe me, they wouldn't have with the side they put out on Wednesday.
  • Options
    Yesterday's performance emphasises why I have thought this  is a relegation bound team since around  Christmas time
    Even during are early season good run we never dominated  games and we have rarely done so all season. The win against Forest was bloody lucky and due to their  managers poor team selection  and they still dominated the game when you look at possesion stats and shots.
  • Options
    We'll find out soon enough, as we've got them in 10 days time.
  • Options
    Birmingham had 9 points deducted last season and it was immediate, not rolled over to the start of this season.
    That punishment was imposed in March, so I don't see why any potential punishments this season wouldn't be immediate

Wednesday will be the interesting one as the punishment could be...massive.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/02/05/championship-war-fear-feuds-lost-points/
    Need subscription or 'free' trial to read that.
  • Options
    We'll find out soon enough, as we've got them in 10 days time.
    Yes, I have mentally given us the three points!
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Chizz said:
    I think once we decide we have enough points, we should be allowed to declare.  And then, all the points we get after that point count towards next season's promotion challenge. 

And, every team should be allowed to do the same.  See who has the most bottle. 
    I suggest you contact Dom Cummings urgently. I hear he's recruiting ;-)
  • Options
    I've a suspicion we'll struggle next Saturday, only drawing at best against Luton, leading to mass despair on here in the evening

But we'll then win at Wednesday to calm the nerves
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Yesterday's performance emphasises why I have thought this  is a relegation bound team since around  Christmas time
    Even during are early season good run we never dominated  games and we have rarely done so all season. The win against Forest was bloody lucky and due to their  managers poor team selection  and they still dominated the game when you look at possesion stats and shots.
    Fulham 0- 3 Barnsley    Possession 59%  -  41%

Plenty of games, results do not run with having total possession.  Its about taking your chances in front of goal a lot of the time.
  • Options
    Do people really think Derby, Wednesday and Birmingham will make up the 13 point gap to us when they are deducted 21 points each for cheating?
  • Options
    Still think we will be fine, we are a point and 2 places further from the relegation zone than we were 2 weeks ago, with less games to go 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I watched Luton v Sheff Wednesday and Wednesday are the worst side I have seen this season by some distance. 

Derby have been the worst team at the Valley so far by a country mile, but it didn't stop them winning their next 3 home games.
    Hardly any correlation between one match and the next for anyone in this league.
    Couldn't face watching Quest last night but Barnsley winning 3-0 at Fulham sums up this bizarre Championship season.

Would be great if we could play the same team twice in a row as we might build up an understanding and partnerships. 

Half full, half empty, or even smashed glass, perceptions of our final place by fans mean nothing BUT the real worry is we were so poor in the last  25 minutes against Barnsley - inept against Stoke - decent against Forest- poor against Blackburn.

This is the business end of the season and it's impossible to play the same team in back to back games ( even if we wanted too after a victory)

• Options
    edited February 2020
    We have a shocking record against the teams around us. This needs to be rectified by not losing to either Luton, Huddersfield and Wigan.

A massive ask but if we were to win all these games that should ensure we stay up this season.

Then ESI can show us what they are made of.
  • Options
    Luton's two wins will have given them a big boost but a home win on Saturday ensures they aren't much more than a dead cat bounce. We do have a poor record against the sides around us but we played most away first half of the season and we won the first big Six_pointer a couple of weeks ago. Win the second on Saturday and we'll be in a good position.
  • Options
    Big game Saturday.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    WE WILL BE FINE
    I dont share your optimism. Luton up next. They've just won their last 2 & are on a bit of a roll. When was the last time we recorded back to back wins....?
    You don't share anyone's optimism.

Play nicely, @golfaddick can tell a cracking tale regards his sexual exploits.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Sheff Wednesday haven't scored a goal at home this year so far.  Their next home game is against us. 
    This is when we go back to conceding within 30 seconds from kick off..
  • Options
    Think we are going down and Sheik yer money and co are gonna have to start from D3.  We have some quality players no doubt but the sole reason we have those is because they are made of tissue paper or someone else paid their wages.
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Sheff Wednesday haven't scored a goal at home this year so far.  Their next home game is against us. 
    I bet they can't wait. The day their season turns round.

(See what 56 years of following Charlton has done to me ..... I'm turning into OohAaaargh).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fear for our future in the Championship, the team are in a dreadful run even with the two recent wins, against Barnsley we were very lucky to keep the 2 goal lead, against NF we played a weakened team - neither win was encouraging in the way we played. We do not have a settled team that plays with confidence and as others have said we do poorly against the lower teams, we cannot rely on the likes of Brum being deducted points, it really is fight and I'm not sure that the management or the team have the ability to win this fight.
  • Options
    We win on Saturday and it will all look a lot better. We lose and we are in real trouble.
  • Options
    It's going to be a battle but we've always known that. We'd all love a run of wins with convincing performances, but we don't need to be consistent to stay up. Winning once every three games until the end of the season (and losing the rest) would leave us with 48 points and that could be enough (Bowyer's own target is 47 points). We're capable of doing that if our better players stay fit.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Four points minimum required from next three games (Luton, Wendies and Udders). Do that and I think we are set fair. Any less and we’re are in the deepest Doodoo 
  • Options
    CAFCDB said:
    Still think we will be fine, we are a point and 2 places further from the relegation zone than we were 2 weeks ago, with less games to go 
    Utter nonsense.  

It's "fewer".
  • Options
    WE WILL BE FINE
    I dont share your optimism. Luton up next. They've just won their last 2 & are on a bit of a roll. When was the last time we recorded back to back wins....?
    Wouldnt call two 1-0 wins a bit of a roll, their 2 wins have come against 2 teams who are in freefall atm, yes its been 2 good wins for them but we are still 6 points above Luton.

Why do we need to record back to back wins we have 36 points 4 more wins will give us safety with a couple of draws thrown in, we could win on Saturday then every 3rd game and I reckon that would be enough to keep us up lol.

Only once in the last 6 years has a team gone down with over 50 points 
    As I said Luton were not on a roll.

1 win down 3 to go

Keep the faith
  • Options
    3 wins in 5 for us.
    8 points from 5 games for Wigan.
    2 wins in a row for Barnsley.

Middlesbrough look terrible.
    Stoke just about keeping their heads above water.
    Huddersfield in big trouble and a second straight relegation is very possible.
    Hull and Reading have also now been sucked in after todays results.
  • Options
    Yeah wont be surprised if Wigan and / or Barnsley survive and one of the more regular Championship teams go down like Middlesbrough
  • Options
    With 3 of our next 4 games against

Huddersfield, Middlesbrough and Hull