Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Relegation

Comments

• Yeah they've changed it. Did seem odd. 
  • Luton 1 Brentford 0
  • Stig said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    All eyes on Huddersfield and Luton tonight. 
    A rare case of a match where anything but a 12+ goal win for the udders is good:

Terriers win - roots Luton firmly to the bottom and makes it very hard to escape.
    Hatters win - means Huddersfield need to win at least two games to catch us, almost certainly more.
    Draw - not good enough for either. Probably the best bet overall.
    You do realise they are not playing each other lol
    Which is bloody annoying because they're both winning!
  • not ideal results tonight...
  • Having only just got my charlton Mojo back , since the takeover - feel a relegation would really knock that! 

You Reds! 
  • not ideal results tonight...
    But look at it this way...the teams above are now getting closer...we should now be looking up...mid table is looking more a possibility if we get our act together in the run in...

100% staying up...
  • My sheets are gonna get a soaking tonight.......
    K... 😬
  • Well we're well and truly in trouble now, but so are Boro after another defeat and now both Hull and Reading have been sucked in after tonights results.

3 wins in 4 for Luton.
    3 wins in a row for Barnsley.
    8 points from 4 unbeaten games for Wigan.
  • edited February 2020
    I dunno what it is, maybe its Bowyer.

But I can honestly say there is not one part if me that thinks we will get relegated I am 100% confident of survival 
    Ok I am down to 75% atm 

And pretty pissed at Bowyer with his post match comments 
  • Sponsored links:

• So many times Charlton have dropped points this season after conceding a goal in the last kick of the game, Bristol City (A), Millwall (A) Huddersfield (H), Hull (H), and now Sheffield Wednesday (A).

The defending is just not good enough.
  • edited February 2020
    CAFCsayer said:
    Still reckon we get top half
    Posted 12th Feb. Still feel the same?

PWR the last 222 comments but is bed wetting now officially allowed?
  • Hull and Reading are in this scrap as well, next 5 games are so important as on paper they are all winnable
  • edited February 2020
    Win Saturday (perleeeeeeease) and the we’ll finish top half crew will reappear 
    Win every game and we can still scrape a play off spot.

Realistically still think we can go top two thirds of the table. Not sure on top half.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Realistically still think we can go top two thirds of the table. Not sure on top half.
    This team is unpredictable,  as I said before they could easily win 5 on the spin or lose 5 on the spin but think with that defence 5 losses are more likely
    happy with WLWLWLW etc till the end of the season 
  • Need a minimum of three wins to have any hope in staying up. Was hoping we would get them before it got nervy but will happily accept them at any point now. 
  • Dazzler21 said:

I have literally never heard anyone describe the top two thirds of a football league table
  • Dazzler21 said:

I have literally never heard anyone describe the top two thirds of a football league table
    75% of the top two thirds is the top half 
  • I dunno what it is, maybe its Bowyer.

But I can honestly say there is not one part if me that thinks we will get relegated I am 100% confident of survival 
    Ok I am down to 75% atm 

And pretty pissed at Bowywr with his post match comments 
    What did he say?
  • Sponsored links:

• I said back in Jan we needed 7 wins, we've got 3 so it's a good start. Another 4 and we'll be okay, our next 5 games on paper look like a great opportunity to get them. But we need to be more offensive especially away from home, you don't stay up by being defensively minded. 
  • Think 50 points is the bare minimum now 
  • "The Championship’s bottom three have W8 D2 L2 from their last 12 games collectively."

That is absolutely outstanding lol

Stolen from here https://twitter.com/olivermpw_/status/1232787453867708423

• This is turning into another 2012/13, as team will go down with a really decent points total
  • edited February 2020
    3 teams are probably getting quite worried now.

Hull - 2 points from 8 games. 
    Middlesbrough - 4 points (no wins, 4 draws) from 8 games.
    Huddersfield - 8 points from 9 games. 

Don’t worry, they’ve all got to play us soon!
  • 3 teams are probably getting quite worried now.

We at least need to give it a go against Huddersfield on Ssturday.
  • 3 teams are probably getting quite worried now.

We need to be more offensive, but I think our saving grace will be that the bottom two still have a points gap to close, when we are in a WLWLWL sequence ie we are picking up decent points every other game and the three mentioned in this quote are having a more torrid time than us. Hull, I think, will get properly sucked in and could be the surprise bigger club to go down this season.

I think we will scrape it, as long as Lyle stays fit!
  • "The Championship’s bottom three have W8 D2 L2 from their last 12 games collectively."

That is absolutely outstanding lol

Stolen from here https://twitter.com/olivermpw_/status/1232787453867708423

The bottom 3's combined form would win the Title.
  • iainment said:

Ok I am down to 75% atm 

What did he say?

The comments that we were conned and we deserved a draw
  • iainment said:

Ok I am down to 75% atm 

What did he say?

The comments that we were conned and we deserved a draw
    He was probably talking to the team. Showing belief in them etc.