Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    Season will be defined by our home matches. Still reckon we will have enough to stay up. If we do stay up, it won’t be more than 1 or 2 points. 
    Even if it's by goal difference, or goals scored, or head to head with the next side, that'll do me.  Roly's legacy gonna take a sight longer than 4 and a bit months to overcome.  Bowyer needs to make better use of the resources he has but there's enough dross in this division to prop Charlton up to at least 21st place.
  • Options

At what point do we find out about Wednesday and Derby points deduction?

Would EFL leave it literally until the last minute? Will they even get deducted at all this season? A quick google didn't give me any answers.

As soon as both clubs have enough points to be comfortably safe from any serious points deduction..............
    That's the absolute best we can expect.  There's no realistic possibility of the complicit frauds at EFL dumping any of these sides down a division.  Even if they could put some sort of case together, it'll be mired in appeals, CAS, wrangling and counter claims for months if not years.  There's no solace for Charlton to find there.  Even looking for chinks of light there is tantamount to giving up.
    Finishing 21st is well within our capabilities.
  • Options

At what point do we find out about Wednesday and Derby points deduction?

Would EFL leave it literally until the last minute? Will they even get deducted at all this season? A quick google didn't give me any answers.

As soon as both clubs have enough points to be comfortably safe from any serious points deduction..............
    Sad, but true.
  • Options
    If we can get 6 points from Boro, Hull and QPR then things will start to look a bit more promising. 4-5 points possibly won't be a disaster either.

Anything less than that though and i fear with the games immediately after (Cardiff, Millwall, Brentford) then we'll be rooted in the bottom 3 with 4 games left.
    Even 3 might be ok - as long as that 3 is against Boro  it would take us potentially 5 points clear of them, with better GD, and deflate them at same time. Another point at Hull would be a real bonus. If that happened, then that could take us 3 games away (6 points) from Boro where they need to get points if we get nothing.
    Cue Middlesbrough winning 7-0 against Forest tonight.
  • Options
    Boro draw tonight.
    10 games left. 
    If everyone gets same number of points from next 10 as last 10:
    Hull 43
    Boro 43
    Luton 47
    Barnsley 47
    Charlton 49
    Stoke 54
    Hudds 56
    Wigan 57

but
    1. Can we get 10 points from 10? 3 wins
    2. Will Boro and Hull really be as bad in next 10

next 2 weeks will tell us a lot! COYR
  • Options
    Well, i was right with my prediction of one point for Boro. Lets hope im wrong about Sat and we can get all 3.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Boro draw tonight.
    10 games left. 
    Hull 43
    Boro 43
    Luton 47
    Barnsley 47
    Charlton 49
    Stoke 54
    Hudds 56
    Wigan 57

but

As things generally even themselves out during a season, and teams go on runs (both good & bad) then I doubt whether both Hull & Boro will be as bad for the rest of the season as they have been recently.

I'll be very surprised if either are in the bottom 3 at the end if the season. 
  • Options
    My fear is our confidence... we seem to be very wobbly in deed, which means if we get an early goal and the crowd get behind us, we have a real chance... but this hang on by the fingernails every week has lost us so many points and now that we seem incapable of even getting into that position... it's very dark... 

I'll be hiding behind the sofa for the rest of the season...

Squeeky bum time for sure... 
  • Options
    Watched the Hull vs Leeds game, and Hull look shot to pieces. 

Selling players of that quality mid-season would have such a damaging effect on the morale of the group - they have also now lost Tom Eaves for the season as well.

Our biggest problem is the lack of investment in January, where we have arguably come out of the window weaker than when we went into it.

HUGE game on Saturday against Boro - lost that and we are in the shite, not forgetting that we still have to play Leeds and Brentford away.
  • Options
    Since accepting that we will go down last week, I feel much less stress. I plan to try the same tactic with Coronavirus.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2020
    redman said:
    Boro draw tonight.
    10 games left. 
    Hull 43
    Boro 43
    Luton 47
    Barnsley 47
    Charlton 49
    Stoke 54
    Hudds 56
    Wigan 57

but

As things generally even themselves out during a season, and teams go on runs (both good & bad) then I doubt whether both Hull & Boro will be as bad for the rest of the season as they have been recently.

With that in mind, then Wigan, Luton and Barnsley aren't going to keep up there recent good form.
    I still believe bottom 3 will be Luton, Barnsley and one of Hull/Boro at end of season.
  • Options
    redman said:
    Boro draw tonight.
    10 games left. 
    Hull 43
    Boro 43
    Luton 47
    Barnsley 47
    Charlton 49
    Stoke 54
    Hudds 56
    Wigan 57

but

I think the difference with Hull, is that it's not just a form and confidence issue, they genuinely are a much weaker team than before the transfer window

Huddersfield on the other hand strengthened the most during the window, so you'd expect them to be better
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Call me naive but I still don't think we will go down.
    I think we will win Saturday and beat both QPR & Hull.
  • Options
    We need a countdown to Charlton's relegation thread , we do it to other clubs and they kick on and survive 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I dont get Rudders negativity. To me, beat Boro and we are 4 points clear of them, which with our better GD means they have to achieve 2 wins more than us in 9 games when they havnt won 1 in 11.!
    To me, we 'just' need to scrap and fight our way to three wins, then we will be safe, if we get three (with Boro being one of them), then it would mean Boro having to get four in their remaining nine. We need to press and harry them high up pitch - when Forest did that last night Boro looked clueless. 
  • Options
    I had a manic day at work Saturday, 14 hour shift. Until 2 minutes ago, I actually thought we’d lost 2-0 last Saturday ! Ffs, I wondered why there was so much negativity over the past few days ! 
  • Options
    I had a manic day at work Saturday, 14 hour shift. Until 2 minutes ago, I actually thought we’d lost 2-0 last Saturday ! Ffs, I wondered why there was so much negativity over the past few days ! 
    If only we could wipe out all the late goals this season, we'd be well up the table...
  • Options
    A crazy number of 6 pointers coming up down the bottom, and in consecutive matches too. For example these are Stoke's next 5 games
    Hull
    Reading
    Boro
    Wigan
    Barnsley

While Luton in April play
    Reading
    Barnsley
    Huddersfield
    QPR
    Hull

Barnsley in April in consecutive matches play
    Stoke
    Luton
    Wigan

Impossible to call who will go down at the moment, as so many 6 pointers to play for, but for a neutral watcher, it will be gripping stuff
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A crazy number of 6 pointers coming up down the bottom, and in consecutive matches too. For example these are Stoke's next 5 games
    Hull
    Reading
    Boro
    Wigan
    Barnsley

Reading
    Barnsley
    Huddersfield
    QPR
    Hull

Stoke
    Luton
    Wigan

Impossible to call who will go down at the moment, as so many 6 pointers to play for, but for a neutral watcher, it will be gripping stuff
    Points being shared around as we look for a handout from our friendly neighbours 
  • Options
    The way we set up away from home, i cant see us getting any wins. Maybe 1 or 2 0-0 scores but no wins.
  • Options
    Hull
    Reading
    Boro
    Wigan
    Barnsley

Reading
    Barnsley
    Huddersfield
    QPR
    Hull

Stoke
    Luton
    Wigan

Points being shared around as we look for a handout from our friendly neighbours 
    Our friendly neighbours will lay down and die against our rivals but, as usual, avoid defeat against us probably by winning.
  • Options
    Our next 2 games are against the 2 sides who are bottom of the form table.

Middlesbrough 0 wins in 10.
    Hull 0 wins in 10.

What could possibly go wrong?
    When you are in trouble give Charlton a call :|
  • Options
    Staying up seems unlikely for me but not impossible so we just need to take it game by game. If we lose on Saturday it would certainly knock us back.
  • Options
    Since accepting that we will go down last week, I feel much less stress. I plan to try the same tactic with Coronavirus.
    You're more likely to get Coronavirus than us staying up if we lose on Saturday! 
  • Options
    The way we set up away from home, i cant see us getting any wins. Maybe 1 or 2 0-0 scores but no wins.
    Let's face it away from home we're awful. Psychologically beaten before we leave the dressing room. A VERY bad sign. Nothing I've seen makes me think that will change.
  • Options
    I dont get Rudders negativity. To me, beat Boro and we are 4 points clear of them, which with our better GD means they have to achieve 2 wins more than us in 9 games when they havnt won 1 in 11.!
    To me, we 'just' need to scrap and fight our way to three wins, then we will be safe, if we get three (with Boro being one of them), then it would mean Boro having to get four in their remaining nine. We need to press and harry them high up pitch - when Forest did that last night Boro looked clueless. 
    They play us on saturday, we hardly have a track record of stuffing teams that are in a slump. As for the goal difference, is that really going to last 9 games ? I'm presuming both Sarr and Lockyer as missing for the borough game too. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Interesting that Bowyer mentions rivals strengthening in January, and us having "the lowest budget by a country mile", a slight moan that we didn't spend in the window?