Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Relegation

Comments

• Options
    Going down, 100% 😢😭
  • Options
    Doesn't sound good at all.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:
    A crazy number of 6 pointers coming up down the bottom, and in consecutive matches too. For example these are Stoke's next 5 games
    Hull
    Reading
    Boro
    Wigan
    Barnsley

While Luton in April play
    Reading
    Barnsley
    Huddersfield
    QPR
    Hull

Barnsley in April in consecutive matches play
    Stoke
    Luton
    Wigan

Impossible to call who will go down at the moment, as so many 6 pointers to play for, but for a neutral watcher, it will be gripping stuff
    Points being shared around as we look for a handout from our friendly neighbours 
    Our friendly neighbours will lay down and die against our rivals but, as usual, avoid defeat against us probably by winning.

I believe that is a directive that the club is working towards implementing.

After the FA's conclusion of the Casilla racism case, thus proving that there actually isn't a conspiracy against CAFC, as some banshees would have you believe, MFC has taken it upon itself to ensure some elements of CAFC's supporter base can continue the false narrative that the world is against them by losing all games against any team whereby it would adversely affect CAFC's survival efforts.

• Options
    Like Wigan,  you mean lol?
  • Options
    E_cafc said:
    Like Wigan,  you mean lol?

Absolutely. And Barnsley ;)
  • Options
    Always take what Bowyer says with a pinch of salt, he loves to play the underdog card at Charlton ‘lowest budget’, ‘everyone wrote us off’ etc, think he likes to use it as a way of getting a reaction from the squad 
  • Options
    So was Bowyer happy ,satisfied or fucked off with that wankstain of a January window .
  • Options
    So was Bowyer happy ,satisfied or fucked off with that wankstain of a January window .
    when you consider one of the best replacements for Gallagher , Ryan Woods , went to Millwall, sorta says a lot about the Jan window for us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Boro have fewer goals scored than the other teams which could count against them

Cue them beating us 6-0 on Saturday
  • Options
    "There is a reasonable chance that at least two of these clubs will end up with the same number of points, same number of goals scored and same number of goals conceded".

I'd be interested to know how many times 2 sides in the same division have got the same number of goals scored/conceded and equal points in the entire history of English football. I'd bet it's not many.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Can we stay up on alphabetical order? Only have to worry about Barnsley then. 
    This is Charlton

If we have to rely on alphabetical order then even they'll finish above us
  • Options
    In 2015-2016 Riga took 15 points from the last 12 games with a squad that included Henderson, Yun-Suk Young, Jackson, Bauer, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Makienok, Harriott, Diarra, Fanni, Ghoochannejhad, Ahearne-Grant, Bergdich, Solly, Fox, Ba, Pope, Lookman, Motta and Teixeira. It wasn't great but if that form had been consistent over the season we'd have stayed up, finishing 14th. 

By contrast, to be certain of survival, Bowyer has to get 15 points from the last 10 games with a squad that is different, but not that much stronger. I'd guess too that the knowledge that the new "owners" might not have the funds they claim has leached through to the players, affecting, in some cases, how much they put themselves out.

My feeling is that this will be a struggle.
  • Options
    @simonmatthews

Interesting post. Personally, I think our current side is weaker.

In fact I wonder how many of our current best 11 would make it into a combined best 11? Anyone apart from Lyle Taylor and Jonny Williams?
  • Options
    In 2015-2016 Riga took 15 points from the last 12 games with a squad that included Henderson, Yun-Suk Young, Jackson, Bauer, Gudmundsson, Cousins, Makienok, Harriott, Diarra, Fanni, Ghoochannejhad, Ahearne-Grant, Bergdich, Solly, Fox, Ba, Pope, Lookman, Motta and Teixeira. It wasn't great but if that form had been consistent over the season we'd have stayed up, finishing 14th. 

By contrast, to be certain of survival, Bowyer has to get 15 points from the last 10 games with a squad that is different, but not that much stronger. I'd guess too that the knowledge that the new "owners" might not have the funds they claim has leached through to the players, affecting, in some cases, how much they put themselves out.

My feeling is that this will be a struggle.
    What a depressing season that was, but at the end of January we won 4-1 at Rotherham, and at that stage were only 1 point from safety. 

Rotherham brought in Warnock and rose up the table. We got 1 point in the next 5 games, and were now 7 points from safety...

Riga did bring in some decent players like Motta and Fanni, but too late. By the time they were match fit, we were more or less doomed.
  • Options

Not worried at all.

Charlton are going straight down!

• Options
    Blimey! Imagine getting relegated because you had more yellow cards than another team. 
  • Options
    CAFCDB said:
    Always take what Bowyer says with a pinch of salt, he loves to play the underdog card at Charlton ‘lowest budget’, ‘everyone wrote us off’ etc, think he likes to use it as a way of getting a reaction from the squad 
    yeh because that is obviously working
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We have one of the worst squads in the Championship - need to over perform to stsy up.
  • Options
    We have one of the worst squads in the Championship - need to over perform to stsy up.
    No way , when fit we’ll rise up the table , those wins at the beginning of the season with 30%  possession will come flooding back
    I think we used up most of our luck early on and our opponents didn't take their chances. 
  • Options
    It's between us, Hull and Boro for that final place. Luton and Barnsley are gone. 

I have us staying up by 6 points, with Boro going down. That's factoring in a few away losses and a home defeat to Millwall. 

https://www.worldfootball.net/table_calculator/eng-championship/
  • Options
    No way , when fit we’ll rise up the table , those wins at the beginning of the season with 30%  possession will come flooding back
    I think we used up most of our luck early on and our opponents didn't take their chances. 

It was obvious it wasn't going to continue, our expected goals/assists showed that.
  • Options

It was obvious it wasn't going to continue, our expected goals/assists showed that.
    It's not always the case though, teams like Burnley and Palace have survived in the Premiership, setup that way, to play without possession, to be defensively solid and to score a goal from set pieces or on the break (or penalties - Palace always get penalties).

The problem we have is our defensive isn't good enough to play that way.
  • Options
    It's between us, Hull and Boro for that final place. Luton and Barnsley are gone. 

I have us staying up by 6 points, with Boro going down. That's factoring in a few away losses and a home defeat to Millwall. 

Far too early to write off Luton and Barnsley, both are only 4 points below Boro and 5 points below us, and in decent form. 
  • Options

Far too early to write off Luton and Barnsley, both are only 4 points below Boro and 5 points below us, and in decent form. 
    Just going on their fixtures, take a look.
  • Options

Blimey. 
    The problem is that my predictions were based on normal, predictable behaviour from all concerned, but this is the Championship and mainly mad shit happens.