Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things fans in the crowd have said that made you laugh

Comments

• Options
    There is a clip somewhere showing Derek Hales scoring a goal that won the ITV golden goal in 1977 as Colin Powell receives the ball on the wing someone shouts out “Rubbish” just as he crosses to Hales who smashes the ball into the roof of the net.
  • Options
    Late 80s.  Roots hall.  Ex spanner Paul Samsone was in goal for Southend.  Samsone, playing just in front of the Charton fans on the terrace, kicks the ball from his hands to clear and slices it into touch near the halfway line.  As the laughter dies down the shout went out from a well known lifer " Blimey Paul, that wasn't too bad, for a player of such LIMITED ABILITY" 

Resumption of laughter.
  • Options
    I remember a game at Chelmsford city, we were on one of the sides (which was essentially a path with a low fence and a field behind it, patrolled by the youth team/ball boys) and chatting to the linesman. He made a call that was so blatantly correct, and we all congratulated him on a job well done (ho ho ho). Just then, a piercing and vitriolic scream from the other side of the pitch along the lines of "you appear to have problems seeing" but in 90% swear words echoed out. Even the linesman was laughing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We were playing Aston Villa at home when Peter crouch wasn’t prolific and was a bit of a joke. We went in late on one of our defenders resulted in chants of off off off from the Charlton ends. The guy behind me stood up and shouted “me is shit, leave him on”
  • Options
    Man U at home during premiership years. Victor Meldrew actor sitting two rows in front. Ref made a bad decision and the guy directly behind victor stood up and shouted “I don believe it” most people cracked up, victor looked angry
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAuDDj4Erpk
  • Options
    Late 60s, i was living in Staines and the future wife lived in Welling. I drove over and stopped to watch Charlton as she used to work at the stables at the bottom of Shooters Hill every saturday until around 6pm. It was a fair old drive over and i used to park off Charlton Lane and walk down and in via the Sam Bartrum Gate. Big queue on this match and only one turnstile guarded by a mounted policeman. Slow going and one wag shouts " he let f**k all in an all'. Finally  get in and rush across to the gents determined to blast off some rust from the corrugated iron into the gently steaming clinker. Mission accomplished and walk down to the corner nearest the covered end where 3 players had forced a black gentlemen from the opposition into the corner flag area. A fan shouts " thats right, surround the c**t".  Still makes me smile to this day.
  • Options
    A bronze severed Duchatelet head over the new fan lounger. 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Late 60s, i was living in Staines and the future wife lived in Welling. I drove over and stopped to watch Charlton as she used to work at the stables at the bottom of Shooters Hill every saturday until around 6pm. It was a fair old drive over and i used to park off Charlton Lane and walk down and in via the Sam Bartrum Gate. Big queue on this match and only one turnstile guarded by a mounted policeman. Slow going and one wag shouts " he let f**k all in an all'. Finally  get in and rush across to the gents determined to blast off some rust from the corrugated iron into the gently steaming clinker. Mission accomplished and walk down to the corner nearest the covered end where 3 players had forced a black gentlemen from the opposition into the corner flag area. A fan shouts " thats right, surround the c**t".  Still makes me smile to this day.
    ? Don’t get it. 
    It was 50 years ago, there's probably a couple paragraphs and a punchline missing from Graham's memory. 
  • Options
    We were playing Aston Villa at home when Peter crouch wasn’t prolific and was a bit of a joke. We went in late on one of our defenders resulted in chants of off off off from the Charlton ends. The guy behind me stood up and shouted “me is shit, leave him on”
    Was that the game we were singing “Leaburn, Leaburn” to him?
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    @Dazzler21
    Feel free to get in touch when @Tom_of_Se9 calls.
    I'll give you directions to the Station. Lol
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not something said, but loved all the club store catalogues going on the pitch when Steve Brown got a red for the most obvious handball ever.

Think we won against Leicester despite having 10 men for the majority of the game.
  • Options
    Any Millwank game i have been to...

"We can beat these carnts Charlton!"
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    There was a perpetual moaner in the West Stand.
    We had a free kick on the halfway line, giving Curbs the opportunity to send Svensson on. Bet you are really scared now Middlesbrough. Fortune launches it straight on Svenssons head. 1-0. A very embarrassed fan who refused to stand up and applaud it.
    Wasn't me but I can empathise. He'd have been shit in L1.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    There was a perpetual moaner in the West Stand.
    We had a free kick on the halfway line, giving Curbs the opportunity to send Svensson on. Bet you are really scared now Middlesbrough. Fortune launches it straight on Svenssons head. 1-0. A very embarrassed fan who refused to stand up and applaud it.
    Wasn't me but I can empathise. He'd have been shit in L1.
    I am biased due to the Elfsborg connection.

1/Not the best for us.
    2/Hero status for Elfsborg.
    3/Top geezer.
  • Options
    "Fuck me ref, Stevie Wonder could see that was a foul". One if my favourites, and oft used by myself.
  • Options
    I'm using it right now given the number of blatant fouls we're committing tonight
  • Options
    "Fuck me ref, Stevie Wonder could see that was a foul". One if my favourites, and oft used by myself.
    I cannot see the joke.
    I didn’t get that at first
  • Options
    Playing against Forest, a bloke in the east stand shouted out.
    Oi Van Hooijdonk, you look like Duane Dibbley.

That still makes me laugh, even now.