Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Things fans in the crowd have said that made you laugh

124»

Comments

• Options
    “FFS Pritchard” from the bloke who sat behind me in the East stand and blamed poor Bradley for everything from mis-hit passes to global warming.
    I had extreme pleasure in pointing out that Pritchard had been taken off about 20 minutes previously.
    Curbs had a story like that when he was playing for Birmingham. Said a guy was screaming abuse at him the entire game... Except of course they had the wrong guy, and curbs was sitting just in front of him in the stands
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    There was a perpetual moaner in the West Stand.
    We had a free kick on the halfway line, giving Curbs the opportunity to send Svensson on. Bet you are really scared now Middlesbrough. Fortune launches it straight on Svenssons head. 1-0. A very embarrassed fan who refused to stand up and applaud it.
    Wasn't me but I can empathise. He'd have been shit in L1.
    I am biased due to the Elfsborg connection.

1/Not the best for us.
    2/Hero status for Elfsborg.
    3/Top geezer.
    You love him because he used to play for Palace. 
  • Options
    Away at forest, Steve Stone in our box waiting for a corner, bloke shouts out,
    "oi Stone, where's your neck gone".   
  • Options
    fadgadget said:
    Not in the crowd , but walking to the ground for our first prem game a fella in charlton top asked me if this was the way to the Valley !
    Was probably Omar Pouso
  • Options
    Billy Kiernan was having a not so good game.  Slow to the ball and Losing it more often than not when he actually had it.  The guy behind me kept referring to him as Lady Kiernan to the amusement of all around him.  Billy silenced them all though when, unmarked in the penalty area he headed home a beauty.
  • Options
    pettgra said:
    There was a perpetual moaner in the West Stand.
    We had a free kick on the halfway line, giving Curbs the opportunity to send Svensson on. Bet you are really scared now Middlesbrough. Fortune launches it straight on Svenssons head. 1-0. A very embarrassed fan who refused to stand up and applaud it.
    Wasn't me but I can empathise. He'd have been shit in L1.
    I am biased due to the Elfsborg connection.

1/Not the best for us.
    2/Hero status for Elfsborg.
    3/Top geezer.
    You love him because he used to play for Palace. 
    That as well.
  • Options
    So basically, nothing really funny is said at Charlton!
    Exactly 

we’ve got zero personality and we’re duller than Boro 
  • Options
    Just remembered one for this thread, way back in February 1987 the infamous Ralph Milne was making his CAFC debut for us against Notts Forest and was playing against the fearsome Stuart Pearce.

In the first half, right in front of the Arthur Waite Terrace, Pearce clatters into Milne from behind leaving the poor, wee rotund Dundonian on the ground grimacing up at Pearce with a "What the hell was all that about?" look on his face.

Straight away some wag yelled out to Pearce, comfortably audible in a half-empty stadium, "Oi Pearce, leave our Ralphie alone, he's only just -------- got here!"

Milne grinned and even the psychotic Pearce gave a half-smile although with retrospect this was probably Ralph's most memorable moment in a Charlton shirt.
  • Options
    West Brom away at some point. Shooting towards the other end of the ground and we had a corner. Got half cleared and was falling to Kishishev on the edge of the box. Guy behind me shouted "don't waste it Kish"
    As you can probably guess he smashed it miles over the bar and really made me laugh and always remembered it for some reason!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    At the FA cup game on Sunday, somebody behind me was appalled by Charlie Austin, when the Baggies were shooting to the Jimmy Seed end, having a bit of banter with the Charlton crowd or person by making knife and fork eating gestures. Maybe somebody suggested he was overweight?
    Anyway, the person behind me was asking if they could report Austin for 'fat-shaming' someone in the crowd! How quick some people are at being PC. 
  • Options
    Playing away to the franchise a few years a go at March/April time. Shout at Jermaine Easter after he almost put a shot out for a throw in.

Jermaine, it's not your time of year!
  • Options
    One stand out moment back when the fish used to go across the screen, about 12 years ago we were 1-0 down with going into extra time and the feeeeesh came across the tv, one bloke stood up and screamed "F**K THE FISH, GET ON WITH THE GAME!!!!"
  • Options
    Not strictly from the crowd, but I hope the adjudicators allow it. 

Selhurst Park, v Man Utd around 1989-90 maybe. I was at the game but in the Arthur Wait, so heard this second hand from a family friend who used to be a steward in the Sainsbury's End - so I can't prove it, but believe it all the same.

Anyway, Les Sealey was in goal for Man U this game. He was a 'popular' figure with crowds back in the day as he was a proper WUM on the pitch, so as normal he was getting serious abuse all match. Ball goes behind for a goal kick, Sealey goes to retrieve it. One fella, particularly gobby all game, runs to the front of the stand to shout 'Sealey! You're fucking shit, you useless c**t!' (or something very similar). Sealey, quick as a flash, looks straight at him and says 'I live in a £500,000 house (this was 30 years ago, remember) and drive a brand new Mercedes. What the fuck have you got?'  

Not a peep from the geezer for the rest of the game. 

Must have been against Luton as we never played United at Selhurst with Sealey in goal for them
  • Options
    Today when Lockyear in a headlock 'get off him you fucking Welsh cunt'

Well done bro