Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Where were you..

Comments

• At Alton Towers hotel, surrounded by chavs and northerners.  I miss my people at times like these......
    Ironically I created this username 1 year ago at the same hotel the last time we all got excited that we were getting rid of the gaffer tape kingpin.  Feels brilliant that it is true this time.....
  • I was on nightshift NYE,so my partying didn’t start till NYD arvo till very early this morn,whilst trying to sleep (which wasn’t happening really with the fuzzy,spinning & banging head...I was constantly on CL,I eventually put phone down & ignored the vibrates from calls,msgs...after half hr I couldn’t take no more of it...Done Deal was pinging through,been on here since,I feel a big hair of the dog coming shortly

there is a god after all...Happy Happy New Year to ESI & to all ur/our Charlton family
  • Standing at the end of Platform 1 at Kings Cross Station - ( working not spotting ! ) 
  • In a nasty little flat in Hackney carrying out a protection of property visit. @PeteF calling me and screaming "He's gone"
  • Sitting at home and just started to watch The Great Escape on Netflix when my
    son burst into the room with the news...oh man, that theme tune is gonna mean a whole lot more from now on !
  • Sponsored links:

• .In the workshop when I read Clem's "Done deal" post on here. 

Now just trying to digest news at the other end of the emotional scale that I got, literally minutes, after.
    Oh shit hope all ok there
  • Lying on the sofa watching series 2 of Babylon 5, the episode was about an enhanced telepath who could generate empathy and happiness in subjects. It worked on me!
  • On the train to swansea
  • Doing a walk on the Gower Peninsula before the Swansea game 
  • On the bus home with my boy, showed him the takeover complete tweet, a massive shout of yes and high fives drew some odd looks from the pensioners on the bus! 

Now just trying to digest news at the other end of the emotional scale that I got, literally minutes, after.
    Yeah cheers mate, sorry to put a downer on the thread as that really weren't my intention, but it truly is uncanny how life can take these turns.

My post comes over like a "look at me" post, but I was literally writing the good bit, when I got a call from mum (which I expected to be her letting me know the take-over had gone through) to actually let me know a close family friend had been found in a river after being missing since before Christmas. What makes it even more relevant is that he was Charlton through and through and was obviously eager for this take over to go through just like the rest of us, I was talking to him about it in September just gone.

Like I say, sorry to bring a downer on proceedings, but it was posted on the spur of the moment.

Thanks though Neil mate, and to the others who have reached out

Yeah cheers mate, sorry to put a downer on the thread as that really weren't my intention, but it truly is uncanny how life can take these turns.

My post comes over like a "look at me" post, but I was literally writing the good bit, when I got a call from mum (which I expected to be her letting me know the take-over had gone through) to actually let me know a close family friend had been found in a river after being missing since before Christmas. What makes it even more relevant is that he was Charlton through and through and was obviously eager for this take over to go through just like the rest of us, I was talking to him about it in September just gone.

Like I say, sorry to bring a downer on proceedings, but it was posted on the spur of the moment.

Thanks though Neil mate, and to the others who have reached out
    Jesus Rob, so sorry to hear that news. I never took your comment to be a "look at me" one, it is uncanny how sometimes bad news can follow good.

RIP to the guy and thoughts go out to everyone connected including yourself. 
  • sitting at my desk (in my pants)
    That's a strange place to keep your desk... 

(Someone had to say it) 
  • Walking down to Bromley with the wife when my phone went bananas!
  • Sponsored links:

• Relieved to see i was the only one to get a text from my wife...

Do pictures count?
  • On a Southeastern train on the Sidcup line - and it running on time !!!!
  • having a shave .. missed the actual joyous announcement
  • On a Southeastern train on the Sidcup line - and it running on time !!!!
    It truly is a significant day
  • Been out and no useful tweets highlighted by twitter, so saw the news 2 hours late at my parents house!
  • addick19 said:
    Walking down to Bromley with the wife when my phone went bananas!
    Are you sure you weren't in the fruit and veg section of Sainsburys?
  • edited January 2020
    Out shopping with the wife in Canterbury 
  • Text message from a spanner....ouch!
  • When you was shit......sorry old chant...couldn't help it.