Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stoke City away [8/2/20] - 1,900 sold (on sale till 1pm Friday)

Comments

• Yes definitely 
  • E_cafc said:
    It's difficult to know now. The initial allocation of 1,316 sold very quickly.  Or so it appeared and since then it seems we have had two more batches of tickets. Tickets have been selling steadily. 

The club should announce the number sold and encourage more to make the trip.  It could mean another hundred or so in ticket sales. 

The first extra batch was around 600 and the latest one seemed to be around 350 but can't be sure of this. 

507 available at the moment. 
    The layout of the away end would comfortably allow us 3k.
    It does.

The best guide to any ticket allocation is 'what did Leeds get'.

When they played there in August their allocation was "approximately 3k" according to the Leeds site.
  • My guess is we’ve sold a lot less than people think we have.  
  • I would have expected 900/1000 for this, if it’s 1500ish or more then that’s excellent from us / by our standards 
  • I would have expected 900/1000 for this, if it’s 1500ish or more then that’s excellent from us / by our standards 
    When I went there in '98 we had about 500.

As I have said before, our away support for the past 2 seasons has been fantastic.
  • I imagine we're still selling the initial 1,316 as I've not seen any official comms to say we've had extra tickets?
  • E_cafc said:
    It's difficult to know now. The initial allocation of 1,316 sold very quickly.  Or so it appeared and since then it seems we have had two more batches of tickets. Tickets have been selling steadily. 

The club should announce the number sold and encourage more to make the trip.  It could mean another hundred or so in ticket sales. 

The first extra batch was around 600 and the latest one seemed to be around 350 but can't be sure of this. 

507 available at the moment. 
    The layout of the away end would comfortably allow us 3k.
    Just shy of that now they have filled the corner - still 2,800 maximum allocation though. 
  • I imagine we're still selling the initial 1,316 as I've not seen any official comms to say we've had extra tickets?

That's true and could well be the case.  Hopefully we have sold more.  I guess we will find out during this week.  

The puzzle for me is that over 900 more have appeared in two batches and there are still around 500 left.  

That would mean we have sold just over 800. 

I can't see that being correct as we have already sold almost 600 for Forest. 
  • I am 99.9% certain we are not still selling the 1,316. We are definitely past that stage.
  • cafc_se7 said:
    I am 99.9% certain we are not still selling the 1,316. We are definitely past that stage.
    Yea I think its closer to 1800
  • Sponsored links:

• That's my calculation too.  
  • Can’t wait for this one. Tick another ground off 
    Why?

It's pretty common knowledge our away support has improved, it's a big game for us and the main factor is it's a ground we haven't played at since 2007, so will be a new ground for many of the younger fans.
  • Another 100 or so gone in the last 24 hours too I noticed! 
    Why?

It's pretty common knowledge our away support has improved, it's a big game for us and the main factor is it's a ground we haven't played at since 2007, so will be a new ground for many of the younger fans.
    And it's only an hour and a half on the train from Euston to Stoke.
  • RedChaser said:
    My guess is we’ve sold a lot less than people think we have.  
    Why?

Stoke should be ten hours from Euston.
  • RedChaser said:
    Why?

Yeh but you wouldn't get near nigh 2000 fans going then. Gotcha! 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Why?

It's probably about 100 years from Euston!
  • Got my 2. Looking forward to it.

As I have said before, our away support for the past 2 seasons has been fantastic.
    I reckon we had 300 there last time we played them. I recall us rattling around in that entire end in the days before it was split. Mind you it was a 17:30 kick off on Sky, in the school holidays etc etc..

We've come a long way in the last few years, our numbers are now passable. Happy days  
  • These are great numbers for us whatever it is .
    new ground syndrome etc 
    been much improved numbers wise , promotion and new ground action helping the last couple of years 
    if we can bring anywhere near these numbers after a few years in the same division without the following wind then I’ll genuinely be impressed !! 

I reckon we had 300 there last time we played them. I recall us rattling around in that entire end in the days before it was split. Mind you it was a 17:30 kick off on Sky, in the school holidays etc etc..

We've come a long way in the last few years, our numbers are now passable. Happy days  
    There were a few more than that, about 400-500 I’ve just read back but it was a grim day and took me 5 hours to get there.

For a team that’s had just come out the Prem, our line up looked awful

Weaver; Moutaouakil, Thatcher, Bougherra, Fortune; Sam, Semedo, Ambrose, Reid; Bent, McLeod.

There were a few more than that, about 400-500 I’ve just read back but it was a grim day and took me 5 hours to get there.

Weaver; Moutaouakil, Thatcher, Bougherra, Fortune; Sam, Semedo, Ambrose, Reid; Bent, McLeod.
    Look at that line-up! Semedo must have dreaded the game. 

Most of that lot wouldn’t get into our current first team, Bent, Reid and Bougherra excepted.

I'm having flashbacks of Paddy McCarthy being given the absolute runaround by some.big lump up top for Stoke (Parkin?) Looking at the starting line up I guess it was a tactical masterstroke from Pardoo to bring Paddy on to shore things up.

I'm having flashbacks of Paddy McCarthy being given the absolute runaround by some.big lump up top for Stoke (Parkin?) Looking at the starting line up I guess it was a tactical masterstroke from Pardoo to bring Paddy on to shore things up.
    God i remembered that one. Had his hair bleached blonde. Watched it on TV.