Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stoke City away [8/2/20] - 1,900 sold (on sale till 1pm Friday)

123457»

Comments

• Not the fact that the most vociferous home fans are drawn towards the away fans? It's an organic historical thing I think rather than designed by the stadium management or anyone else.
  • Did the police make things difficult to get back to the station after the game?
    Not really , walked back to the station (2miles?) rather than getting the shuttle bus, the traffic looked horrendous, not sure we’d have got back in time to make the train.
    We caught the shuttle bus. The police stopped all the traffic and we got to the station around 5.20. We made the 5.30 to Birmingham. There must have been 200+ police on duty. Absolutely crazy 
    Word must have got back that @clb74 was wearing his shorts and they were worried his legs would frighten the locals.
    He was actually wearing jean’s yesterday. 
    Didn’t Jean mind ?
  • Apart from the game and result, we had a great day. Train from Euston was quick, then far too many police at Stoke station and town to greet us. Must be getting old as when I asked one policeman the way to the ground, he politely directed us to the canal towpath and didn't direct us the allocated pubs.
    We walked along the canal towpath to the ground, picked up tickets that hadn't arrived at home, and went in the Harvester garden for a few bevvies. Lovely walk and two barges moored near the ground selling food and drink. Walked back along the towpath with lots of other people and quite a few police this time! All very friendly and welcoming in the ground. So why all the police??
    As an aside, surely it is crazy putting the away fans next to the noisiest Stoke fans.
    That's a oxymoron isn't it?  I don't think I heard the Stoke fans all game, even when they were 3-1 up.
  • Apart from the game and result, we had a great day. Train from Euston was quick, then far too many police at Stoke station and town to greet us. Must be getting old as when I asked one policeman the way to the ground, he politely directed us to the canal towpath and didn't direct us the allocated pubs.
    We walked along the canal towpath to the ground, picked up tickets that hadn't arrived at home, and went in the Harvester garden for a few bevvies. Lovely walk and two barges moored near the ground selling food and drink. Walked back along the towpath with lots of other people and quite a few police this time! All very friendly and welcoming in the ground. So why all the police??
    As an aside, surely it is crazy putting the away fans next to the noisiest Stoke fans.
    That's a oxymoron isn't it?  I don't think I heard the Stoke fans all game, even when they were 3-1 up.
    They weren't loud but did sing at times, and that section of Stoke fans was the noisiest in the ground.

Having them next to us also encourages the slightly embarrassing charade of teenage Charlton fans rushing past you to gesticulate towards them instead of actually celebrating our goal...
  • what was the general thoughts of the crowd on saturday i thought we had some right melons out, giving it the biggun to a few of our well known fans for doing nothing. 

the terrace bar before was okay done the job. 
  • what was the general thoughts of the crowd on saturday i thought we had some right melons out, giving it the biggun to a few of our well known fans for doing nothing. 

Some absolute helmets but in general I thought it was ok. 

Stoke were loud in places but i expected more. As an away crowd I thought we were average but Stoke fans have said we were close to the best,  if not the best away fans at the bet 365 this season. 

Was this the bus incident outside the Terrace pub? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    what was the general thoughts of the crowd on saturday i thought we had some right melons out, giving it the biggun to a few of our well known fans for doing nothing. 

Was this the bus incident outside the Terrace pub? 
    Yep will be Leeds with a stopover and Brentford for me only now - cba with it