Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Stoke City away [8/2/20] - 1,900 sold (on sale till 1pm Friday)

Comments

• Options
    Is the upcoming storm expected to be an issue?
  • Options
    Looks ok in Stoke on the Saturday - Sunday less so.
  • Options
    I think the storm is more Sunday than Saturday, so hopefully not.
  • Options
    First away day since I did operation riverside with my dad as a kid... Do people still get aggy about allocated seats and standing?
  • Options
    I'll be making the trip for this one. Really excited now that it looks like we're bringing a good number up!
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this one !!
  • Options
    Baronoli said:
    First away day since I did operation riverside with my dad as a kid... Do people still get aggy about allocated seats and standing?
    Jinx haha. 

To be fair if you get there early and claim the back its ok. It's ground with no restricted views so people should be fine. 

Grounds like Fulham, Leeds, QPR where there are clearly sh1t seats, if you have those then you should sit there. Had a row at Leeds once, lady in my seat said I could have hers behind a pillar....erm I dont think so luv!  
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Baronoli said:
    People generally sit where they want, apart from QPR away in December where the stewards were anal about having people go to their specific section which seemed to result in lots of people trying to sit in their actual seat  - even if they showed up 15 mins after kick off. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    Baronoli said:
    Jinx haha. 

To be fair if you get there early and claim the back its ok. It's ground with no restricted views so people should be fine. 

Grounds like Fulham, Leeds, QPR where there are clearly sh1t seats, if you have those then you should sit there. Had a row at Leeds once, lady in my seat said I could have hers behind a pillar....erm I dont think so luv!  
    se9addick said:
    Baronoli said:
    People generally sit where they want, apart from QPR away in December where the stewards were anal about having people go to their specific section which seemed to result in lots of people trying to sit in their actual seat  - even if they showed up 15 mins after kick off. 
    Cheers both!

Sounds murder to get to a seat 15 minutes after kickoff at QPR with their crap leg room!

Going with the missus who is hopefully catching the Charlton bug... don't really care where we sit if someone is in our seats, just remember handbags at dawn between two mums at the Operation riverside game years ago and someone moaning at the bloke next to me for standing the whole game... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's 50/50 whether you have to sit in your allotted seat or not. Generally if the away section is more or less sold out you have to take it whereas if there's loads of space then you can sit where you like.
  • Options
    Baronoli said:
    robroy said:
    Baronoli said:
    Jinx haha. 

se9addick said:
    Baronoli said:
    Cheers both!

Sounds murder to get to a seat 15 minutes after kickoff at QPR with their crap leg room!

Going with the missus who is hopefully catching the Charlton bug... don't really care where we sit if someone is in our seats, just remember handbags at dawn between two mums at the Operation riverside game years ago and someone moaning at the bloke next to me for standing the whole game... 
    The thought of being moaned at for standing on an away day makes me nauseous.
  • Options
    on the 10am out of euston from looking at football ground guide it looks like police shepherd you to the terrace bar ( away fans only ) and then ferry you to the ground via coaches, its around a 30 minute walk from looking at reviews. 

any other pub shouts? as with nearly 2k travelling - going to be a shitter if only 1 bar available. 

expect to be a lot of twats tomorrow - who have "followed Charlton all there life" yet have sprung up like daffodils at recent away games. 
  • Options
    Good crowd.
  • Options
    Superb numbers , don’t be put off by the inevitable loss though travellers , well done all ...doffs cap
  • Options
    Superb numbers , don’t be put off by the inevitable loss though travellers , well done all ...doffs cap
    Thanks, but I hope you’re wrong after the nightmare journey I’ve got - 30 minutes, maybe 40 with traffic!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Thanks, but I hope you’re wrong after the nightmare journey I’ve got - 30 minutes, maybe 40 with traffic!
    Disgraceful. You should sack your chauffeur.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    bobmunro said:
    Disgraceful. You should sack your chauffeur.
    I’m not that cruel - besides, I’ve been married to her for 33 years!
  • Options
    Tickets not arrived in post. Grrr! ticket office can't issue duplicates. Have to go to Stoke ticket office on the day!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Where to eat & drink.
    Next to the stadium there is a Harvester, while the Terrace Bar is only a five-minute walk from the railway station and also serves food.
    The aforementioned Harvester is accommodating for away fans as is the Terrace Bar and the Leek Road Venue Bar. There is a shuttle bus to the ground priced at £4 for a return ticket which runs from near the station and stops at the pub. Further down Sir Stanley Matthews Way and off along Eastern Rise is the Longton Rugby club which has two bars.
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5e3d278d51d57/away-day-guide-bet365-stadium
  • Options
    Was going to head to the terrace bar but I'm assuming this will be heaving looking for an alternative
  • Options
    that is a terrific away following .. it's great that the pressure valve released after the takeover and the Wembley Win is still blowing hot ((:>)
  • Options
    anyone got a spare ticket for this? Had a mate realise they can come after the 1pm cut off
  • Options
    will there be tickets available on doors?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    No mate 
  • Options
    kafka said:
    seems like they aren't. " spares anyone??
  • Options
    8 of us on the 9am from Euston 
  • Options
    On the 10AM train. Looking forward to this one as another new ground ticked off. Atmosphere has been classed this season let’s hope it continues for this.