Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall Tweets

Comments

• Options
    In all fairness Gomez (agent) insisted on a low release clause 

Although someone told me he's "only" on £18k a week at Liverpool but that was a few months back
    I would say the below is more accurate:
     Reported player contracts and wages for the current Liverpool FC squad.

* Last updated: October 2019

Player nameContract ExpiryReported Wage (per week)
    Alisson2024£80k
    Van Dijk2023£150k
    Lovren2021£100k
    Gomez2024£60k
    Matip2024£120k
    Robertson2024£60k
    Alex-Arnold2024£40k
    Fabinho2023£130k
    Wijnaldum2021£90k
    Milner2022£120k
    Keita2023£120k
    Henderson2023£100k
    Lallana2020£70k
    Oxlade2022£90k
    Firmino2023£180k
    Mane2023£150k
    Salah2023£200k
    Shaqiri2023£100k
    Origi2024£100k
    Brewster2023£10k
    Karius2022£25k
    Clyne2020£70k
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    I'd have got £20m for Gomez, personally.

And reinvested it in getting the club back to being linked to the community and also free season tickets for anyone on Charlton Life.

And signed all the good players.

Are you looking forward to West Brom on Sunday?
    Yes I hope we get good result.... Oh wait you caught me. :neutral: It's very easy to negotiate deals you're not involved with. He's just had a whole month to negotiate and came up with very little. Just hold off building the statue of his supa dupa phone outside the ground.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

And reinvested it in getting the club back to being linked to the community and also free season tickets for anyone on Charlton Life.

Yes I hope we get good result.... Oh wait you caught me. :neutral: It's very easy to negotiate deals you're not involved with. He's just had a whole month to negotiate and came up with very little. Just hold off building the statue of his supa dupa phone outside the ground.
     Cynics. 
     Nobody is suggesting he's a god, but it's good that he is coming out and saying what he would/would not do.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     Cynics

Guilty.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    CAFCsayer said:

Although someone told me he's "only" on £18k a week at Liverpool but that was a few months back
    If he is he needs a new agent 
     According to Spotrac (no idea on accuracy) he's on 28k
    I think i read recently that Alexander-Arnold and Robertson are both on less than 50k a week, so it's not that surprising. 

Gomez signed a new 6 year deal in 2018, but i'd expect he's due for another deal on better terms now he's won a champions league and is an international. 

Liverpool have a number of players on relatively low salaries, so given their current success their wage bill will skyrocket when their players all want new deals.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    DFTT
    It can be fun though!
    Honestly, you boys! I had to Google that. Must get up to date with social media.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    DFTT
    It can be fun though!
    Honestly, you boys! I had to Google that. Must get up to date with social media.
    With all honesty - so did I !
  • Options
    Addickted said:

You've just had a whole week pretending to be someone you aren't and have come up with even less.

• Options
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

You've just had a whole week pretending to be someone you aren't and have come up with even less.

What an odd thing to say on a forum where we mostly everyone operates with an alias.

I'm not really sure how many players I can sign for us considering I'm not involved in the club at all, but me and MS have the completed same number of permanent transfers. So there's that.

Everyone is so grumpy here. I like it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

But was that because he took advantage of Katrien’s naivety and lack of understanding of English football/Gomez’s potential?
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I wish he wouldn't post stuff like that. One day there is bound to be a young player who doesn't want to sign a contract and who we lose for next to nothing and he'll have this thrown back in his face. 
  • Options
    Fair point. 

But if it's one out of several, I'll not be too bothered. 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Addickted said:
    Addickted said:

What an odd thing to say on a forum where we mostly everyone operates with an alias.

I'm not really sure how many players I can sign for us considering I'm not involved in the club at all, but me and MS have the completed same number of permanent transfers. So there's that.

Everyone is so grumpy here. I like it.
    I think most on here are just themselves. A few oddballs like yourself may pretend to be something other than themselves. You're clearly being a WUM. But that doesn't mean you don't have a place on here. 
    Just for reference, these are actually my thoughts. I'd say I'm a realist, but apparently at this place I'm a pessimist. I like facts, until I see the facts I'm am skeptical. This to me seems much more logical than getting hopes up when I can see clear issues that many are willfully ignoring.

I enjoy discussion, but if I'm being met with 'feelings', 'hope' or tweets of a chairman who has already told half-truths several times I'm probably not going to agree with you.

You call it WUM, I call it rationale. 
      I can appreciate the majority of your answer. Can you confirm what the clear issues are though? 
  • Options
    £2.1m per week.....£112m per annum....mind boggling numbers 
       From a quick Google (may not be accurate) it looks like prize money for winning the league is circa £150m and champions league £80m.

That's before tv revenues of which liverpool earned £250m last season.

Obviously running costs and transfer fees need to be factored in but it's all relatively.

Undoubtedly absolutely mind boggling the sums swirling around the top flight though.
  • Options
    Proper noob comment here, but what's a WUM?
  • Options
    Wind Up Merchant
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    I'll handle this guys. It a Wind Up Merchant - WUM
  • Options
       From a quick Google (may not be accurate) it looks like prize money for winning the league is circa £150m and champions league £80m.

Obviously running costs and transfer fees need to be factored in but it's all relatively.

Undoubtedly absolutely mind boggling the sums swirling around the top flight though.
    you see this is what really fucking annoys me about professional football clubs, one of them could easily afford to give me £5k a week without even noticing but no I've got to go to work like everyone else. pricks.
    Well I’m in my early 70’s but I am confident I could still take a decent corner for 5k a week.
    Hint hint!
  • Options

you see this is what really fucking annoys me about professional football clubs, one of them could easily afford to give me £5k a week without even noticing but no I've got to go to work like everyone else. pricks.
    Well I’m in my early 70’s but I am confident I could still take a decent corner for 5k a week.
    Hint hint!
    I'm in my early 60s and most definitely could not take a decent corner (unless it was a short corner).

Mind you, 40 years ago I would have said the same thing!
  • Options
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Duchatelet said exactly the same, via Murray, let's be honest. 
    Murray said with the Belgians money we would no longer have to sell our youngsters until we were ready & at the price that we want. Pinocchio & her "uncle" sat there pissing themselves probably already thinking that's what you think you old cretin.
  • Options
    I'll handle this guys. It a Wind Up Merchant - WUM
    I'dd add that to my dictionary along with DFTT that I added this morning. There is just a whole other language I need to learn.

TTFN
  • Options
    What on earth is DFTT? Poems are just making stuff up now!
  • Options
    Don't feed the trolls.

Poems? 
  • Options
    I might go for AR, (after Riga) or BBP (before Bob Peters!).