Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall Tweets

Comments

• Options
    When you've dug yourself a hole and you're looking pretty foolish you really should stop digging.
  • Options
    As I don't do twitter I reply on this thread for tweets from out Chairman, none appeared after the Blackburn game so I assumed there was none.

I think that the rolandesque expression "support the team not the regime" comes to mind for me until they prove their financial acumen which doesn't mean a transfer window splurge
  • Options
    As I don't do twitter I reply on this thread for tweets from out Chairman, none appeared after the Blackburn game so I assumed there was none.

I think that the rolandesque expression "support the team not the regime" comes to mind for me until they prove their financial acumen which doesn't mean a transfer window splurge
    So do it then and stop assuming relegation is a forgone conclusion.

Your last post said we were plummeting to League 1, how is that supporting the team, how is that going to help their confidence if they see that.

They need the fans to believe we will be fine and if the feel the confidence of the pitch they will get the confidence on the pitch
  • Options
    funny how lancashire lad keeps quiet about the Chairman. perhaps a few unfounded accusations of him not tweeting after we lose might be useful, but all we get is silence
  • Options

So you don’t do twitter yet slagged him off not tweeting after a defeat (wrongly)? Righto
  • Options

You assume wrong then. Perhaps no one posted it because no one else is as obsessed as you are by what he does or doesn't say.

But just for your benefit here is his tweet.

• Options
    edited February 2020
    Well that's a 10 - 8 round for Charlton Life vs lancashire lad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anyone able to clarify if Southall tweeted after the Blackburn game?  
  • Options
    Will look into it
  • Options
    more like 10-1, think I'll stick to the stats and keep my view on ESi and the Chairman to myself :wink:
    What a bizarre agenda you have.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    more like 10-1, think I'll stick to the stats and keep my view on ESi and the Chairman to myself :wink:
    You absolutely shouldn't keep your thoughts about ESI or Matt Southall to yourself.  Your views are as important and valid as anyone else's.  If you don't think they're doing a good enough job, you should feel free to call them out.  That goes for anyone else, as well.  

In this case, you've criticised Southall unfairly and been shown how your comments weren't legitimate.  You made a mistake: no problem, everyone does.  And, with respect, a thread about the tweets sent by Matt Southall probably isn't the best place for someone who doesn't use Twitter.  

But that shouldn't mean you're not free to address issues where you think he or ESI are wrong.  You may be in the minority; your views might not chime with everyone else; but that doesn't mean they lose validity.  No-one should be beyond criticism.  And no-one should feel bullied into not sharing their views.  
    Chizz being the voice of reason! I've seen it all now!
    Do you disagree with what I posted? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Melrose said:
    Melrose said:
    Yes maybe I am doing what you all suggest, but I do find it very difficult to accept all these PR cuddley bits when the team plummet back towards League One and our new owners have spent very little on helping the club survive or protecting the future of the club.

L.L. I'm totally with you on all this. Terrible transfer window. Too much hype. Phone and Super Duper phone....my arse. I like the way he interacts with the fans, but he went well over the top, and made himself look a dick. I will have more belief, when the All Talk/No Do is rectified

The jury is still out for me too, mainly on MS and that’s mainly because he comes over very naive. But I genuinely can’t see how HE can be actively criticized at this point? As long as they ain’t going out their way to deceive supporters, everything is in hand re’  The Valley and SL. 

Finally, I can’t see how supporters can have the hump with the January window, when Bowyer and Gallen were happy with the outcome, that baffles me, unless people are also unhappy with them and their judgment too?

Football is all about opinnions. I very much doubt that Bowyer and Gallen were happy with our transfer window business (regardless of what was reported in the media). I think he (MS) can be criticised. He's not a teenage kid. In his former role as an agent, he must have considerable experience of the game. To me, he raised hopes beyond reality and was only ever gonna set himself up for a fall. (bar much better recruitment/marquee signings).

It has taught me a few  things.
    1) That I shouldn't be so gullible
    2) A lot of us are gonna take what he says in the future with a large pinch of salt.
    3) It's a great shame because we now have a chairman who has a likeable persona and engages really well with the fans. Unfortunately he scored a "whopping own goal"
    Sorry, I meant I can't see how HE (as in His Excellency, the Owner) can be criticised.

What gives you the impression that Bowyer and Gallen weren't happy with business in the January transfer window, even though they haven't said, or even hinted so?

• Options
    Melrose said:
    Melrose said:
    Yes maybe I am doing what you all suggest, but I do find it very difficult to accept all these PR cuddley bits when the team plummet back towards League One and our new owners have spent very little on helping the club survive or protecting the future of the club.

L.L. I'm totally with you on all this. Terrible transfer window. Too much hype. Phone and Super Duper phone....my arse. I like the way he interacts with the fans, but he went well over the top, and made himself look a dick. I will have more belief, when the All Talk/No Do is rectified

The jury is still out for me too, mainly on MS and that’s mainly because he comes over very naive. But I genuinely can’t see how HE can be actively criticized at this point? As long as they ain’t going out their way to deceive supporters, everything is in hand re’  The Valley and SL. 

Finally, I can’t see how supporters can have the hump with the January window, when Bowyer and Gallen were happy with the outcome, that baffles me, unless people are also unhappy with them and their judgment too?

Football is all about opinnions. I very much doubt that Bowyer and Gallen were happy with our transfer window business (regardless of what was reported in the media). I think he (MS) can be criticised. He's not a teenage kid. In his former role as an agent, he must have considerable experience of the game. To me, he raised hopes beyond reality and was only ever gonna set himself up for a fall. (bar much better recruitment/marquee signings).

2) A lot of us are gonna take what he says in the future with a large pinch of salt.
    3) It's a great shame because we now have a chairman who has a likeable persona and engages really well with the fans. Unfortunately he scored a "whopping own goal"
    Sorry, I meant I can't see how HE (as in His Excellency, the Owner) can be criticised.

What gives you the impression that Bowyer and Gallen weren't happy with business in the January transfer window, even though they haven't said, or even hinted so?

Melrose said:
    Melrose said:

Ibborg. Well I don't know for sure, but surely they would have wanted more/than that? It will all come out in the wash I suspect! Especially if we were to go down. :(
  • Options
    Sorry, better than that :,though I quite like McGeady
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    We have some complete arse heads in our (alledged) fan base.
    It’s really embarrassing!
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    We some complete arse heads in our (alledged) fan base.
    are you referring to me?
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    are you referring to me?
    Anyway, Lancashire Lad why didn't you do the player marks for the last game ?
  • Options
    Can we have a new thread for complaining that there’s not really enough to complain about now that old brown teeth has <<half>> gone?
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    are you referring to me?
    Not sure, although Greenie has just posted several tweets about it.

You might want to check them out - oh no, wait a minute.
  • Options
    Everyone calm down we have all had a drink ain't we
  • Options
    Greenie said:
    are you referring to me?
    Anyway, Lancashire Lad why didn't you do the player marks for the last game ?
    on holiday in Cornwall listening to the commentary - that was 2 empty seats