Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matt Southall Tweets

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Don't feed the trolls.

Poems? 
    Don’t you just love predictive text!!!
    Should say people, bit late to be coming up with poems, lol
  • Options
    Cheers Dazz, still like the idea of making my own language up!
  • Options
    RedManS said:
    In all fairness Gomez (agent) insisted on a low release clause 

Although someone told me he's "only" on £18k a week at Liverpool but that was a few months back
    I would say the below is more accurate:
     Reported player contracts and wages for the current Liverpool FC squad.

* Last updated: October 2019

Player nameContract ExpiryReported Wage (per week)
    Alisson2024£80k
    Van Dijk2023£150k
    Lovren2021£100k
    Gomez2024£60k
    Matip2024£120k
    Robertson2024£60k
    Alex-Arnold2024£40k
    Fabinho2023£130k
    Wijnaldum2021£90k
    Milner2022£120k
    Keita2023£120k
    Henderson2023£100k
    Lallana2020£70k
    Oxlade2022£90k
    Firmino2023£180k
    Mane2023£150k
    Salah2023£200k
    Shaqiri2023£100k
    Origi2024£100k
    Brewster2023£10k
    Karius2022£25k
    Clyne2020£70k

Alexander-Arnold and Robertson, arguably the best pair of full backs in the world right now, and in some ways the two most important players in the Liverpool team, and both on less money than Lallana and Clyne, the latter of whom, is a full back himself.

In fact AA is the third lowest paid player in that list -  he needs a better agent!

Gomez on less than Matip and Lovren as well.
  • Options
    Milner on more than Henderson. Length of service, I guess.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    wmcf123 said:
    Scoham said:
    Duchatelet said exactly the same, via Murray, let's be honest. 
    He did, though he’s started well by rejecting bids for Taylor and Doughty. The complete opposite to the way RD started.
    That’s true but let’s see what we actually end up getting for either; I suspect nothing for Taylor.  We got good money for Lookman but otherwise bugger all for Gomez, Konsa, Bauer, Aribo, Grant 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2020
    funny how he keeps quiet when we loose, as Chairman perhaps a few encouraging words might be useful, but all we get is silence
    Let's hear you praise him then because he does do that, only fair....
  • Options
    Think someone owes Matt an apology @lancashire lad
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes maybe I am doing what you all suggest, but I do find it very difficult to accept all these PR cuddley bits when the team plummet back towards League One and our new owners have spent very little on helping the club survive or protecting the future of the club.
  • Options
    Yes maybe I am doing what you all suggest, but I do find it very difficult to accept all these PR cuddley bits when the team plummet back towards League One and our new owners have spent very little on helping the club survive or protecting the future of the club.
    Like what?
  • Options
    What would you have done differently? Don’t say sign players! I’ve asked this question to people slating the new owners already but haven’t received a reply!

• Options

L.L. I'm totally with you on all this. Terrible transfer window. Too much hype. Phone and Super Duper phone....my arse. I like the way he interacts with the fans, but he went well over the top, and made himself look a dick. I will have more belief, when the All Talk/No Do is rectified
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    You can't ask a question then tell people how they can't answer it. I personally don't see that there is much that can be achieved by criticising ESI now the window has closed, but it was a disapointing window. Disapointing because despite them telling us otherwise, we ended it weaker than when we started it. It was disapointing to learn that they may as of yet not paid more than £1 for the club for all we know. 

But what can be achieved now? We need to get behind the team and hope for the best regarding ESI. But I can't see how anybody can be totally one way or the other in relation to them until we see some actions or indeed no actions. They always speak louder than words. Personally, I am not really interested in anything Southall says until he says they have bought the whole club from the rat and when he says they are buying player X or player Y or when he says they have signed Taylor on a new contract and a couple of other players who would be nice to keep on. Then its time to get excited and become interested in Southall's tweets. 

• Options
    Melrose said:

L.L. I'm totally with you on all this. Terrible transfer window. Too much hype. Phone and Super Duper phone....my arse. I like the way he interacts with the fans, but he went well over the top, and made himself look a dick. I will have more belief, when the All Talk/No Do is rectified
    I think most people agree that the superduper phone thing was a bit over the top, but it was his first deadline day and maybe he got over excited and thought someone big was gonna sign but we couldnt get it done.

The issue with LL here is that after a week off no comments on this thread and and 4 days after the game, he posted that its funny that MS is quiet when we lose and only says something when we win and should offer encouragement when we lose, he was since proven wrong and MS did actually tweet within half an hour of the game finishing on Saturday and LL wont admit he was wrong instead tried moving the goalposts saying he will only say he is sorry when he had seen this or that which isnt what he said in his initial post today lol
  • Options
    Melrose said:

The jury is still out for me too, mainly on MS and that’s mainly because he comes over very naive. But I genuinely can’t see how HE can be actively criticized at this point? As long as they ain’t going out their way to deceive supporters, everything is in hand re’  The Valley and SL. 

Finally, I can’t see how supporters can have the hump with the January window, when Bowyer and Gallen were happy with the outcome, that baffles me, unless people are also unhappy with them and their judgment too?

• Options
    All we do by criticising now is potentially undermine our chances of avoiding the drop. We could be heading for happy times or the shit, that has to be for another day as staying up has to be our only focus at the moment.