Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sage said:
    Any chance of a stream? I got here late and no point paying for the match day pass now.
    Try viprow mate... Its listed on there
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Any chance of a stream? I got here late and no point paying for the match day pass now.
    One posted a few pages back 
  • Options
    40'

Sean Maguire (Preston North End) wins a free kick on the right wing.

Posted at40'

Foul by Adedeji Oshilaja (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    41' Bauer is on the end of Harrop's free-kick from deep with his header comfortably held by Phillips. Match centre https://www.pnefc.net/matches/fixtures/first-team/201920/january/preston-north-end-vs-charlton-athletic-on-18-jan-20/ … #pnefc 1-1
  • Options
    My 7 year old watched the Preston goal clip and asked why our defenders were not marking him!  Defending like that will not see another clean sheet this season.
  • Options
    My 7 year old watched the Preston goal clip and asked why our defenders were not marking him!  Defending like that will not see another clean sheet this season.
    Tell your seven year-old that when a winger has it near the side of the box, the defenders are generally to be found defending the six-yard box, and that it's generally the midfield's job to stop anyone scoring from 25 yards. Or maybe tell yourself that
  • Options
    I know there’s only so much you can do with a throw in, but I swear we’ve been shit at them for the entire time I’ve been watching Charlton. We’re appear to be just admitting the inevitable and just throwing it straight to to opposition these days. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Got a link?
  • Options
    Posted at42'

Sean Maguire (Preston North End) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at42'

Foul by Ben Dempsey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Davison looking way out of his depth today. Hemed on at HT. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    45+1 One minute added... #pnefc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Sage said:
    No idea how to get that working. Same with the link provided on a few pages back.
  • Options
    He has been terrible. Surprising after WBA. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Preston's goal came from a 0.03 xG shot. All modern analytics tell you to let him shoot from there because it's only going into the net one out of thirty odd times.

Better to hold the defensive shape and not let him play a killer ball in to a player who would be in a better scoring position.
  • Options
    Careful with subs, Williams unlikely to last 90 minutes plus whoever gets injured
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Tell your seven year-old that when a winger has it near the side of the box, the defenders are generally to be found defending the six-yard box, and that it's generally the midfield's job to stop anyone scoring from 25 yards. Or maybe tell yourself that
    No, I told him we defend as a team and didn't say who was at fault. That seems to be what you did.
  • Options
    Preston's goal came from a 0.03 xG shot. All modern analytics tell you to let him shoot from there because it's only going into the net one out of thirty odd times.

Better to hold the defensive shape and not let him play a killer ball in to a player who would be in a better scoring position.
    Sorry just listen to yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We scored a lovely goal but that was honestly an awful first half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    No idea how to get that working. Same with the link provided on a few pages back.
    Try this although a few minutes behind

https://cricfree.stream/watch/live/preston-vs-charlton-live-streaming
  • Options
    Rare that we make tactical subs at HT but id agree and get Hemed on. Hes not done much wrong and deserved to start today but we need to try something different up front its not sticking
  • Options
    Bright start, a bit lucky to get in at 1-1 in the end. Not out of this but needs some Bowyer half time magic. We need a shape or personnel change to help us restrain the ball better. Giving it away far too cheaply at the moment and it rarely ends well when we’re playing like that. 
  • Options
    My man Naby looking absolute class, along with the rest of the defence to a lesser extent - I suppose they'll all get blamed for us not winning again mind
  • Options
    Not very good but somehow still in it.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    We desperately need somebody who can hold the ball up. The majority of our attacks result in Preston getting after us on the counter attack. 

Think we have done ok, massive to have Williams back in the team. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Keep Davison on. He's lacked it a bit this.half, made poor runs and poor choices. 

Give him ten more minutes to turn.it around.
  • Options
    edited January 2020

That worked well-:wink:
  • Options
    If I remember from last time I used viprow, you need to scroll down below the top picture
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    No, I told him we defend as a team and didn't say who was at fault. That seems to be what you did.
    Doughty was slow to move to the danger, but really, it was on Dempsey or Williams to move to Harrop with Pratley drawn wide
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!