Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Davison looking way out of his depth today. Hemed on at HT. 
    He has been terrible. Surprising after WBA. 
    Its not helping that we're playing aimless balls up top rather than intentional balls to him or Green

Both are simply having to run after wherever the ball lands as there is zero accuracy

Preston have done well though, they're pressing us so much they're not allowing us any time on the ball compared to the opening minutes
  • Options
    Davison looking way out of his depth today. Hemed on at HT. 
    Rare that we make tactical subs at HT but id agree and get Hemed on. Davison's not done much wrong and deserved to start today but we need to try something different up front its not sticking

• Options
    Just a reminder when we score early we lose 2-1 in the last 3-4 minutes playing time.
  • Options
    Decent half that. Feel like Dempsey is having his best game for us so far, and Davison probably his worst. 

• Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Any chance of a stream? I got here late and no point paying for the match day pass now.
    Try viprow mate... Its listed on there
    No idea how to get that working. Same with the link provided on a few pages back.
    Try this although a few minutes behind

https://cricfree.stream/watch/live/preston-vs-charlton-live-streaming
    Thanks for your help mate, but not sure what I'm doing wrong, both this link and the viprow keeps asking me to create an account and can't watch anything.
  • Options
    Doughty is something hey...?
    Good game so far.
    COYR !!!
  • Options
    For viprow try this stream

https://www.viprow.net/preston-north-end-vs-charlton-athletic-2-online-stream

Click the X against "This ad will close in however many seconds" (as it wont disappear)

Close any additional windows that appear

Click the blue Play button, should work
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Any chance of a stream? I got here late and no point paying for the match day pass now.
    Try viprow mate... Its listed on there
    No idea how to get that working. Same with the link provided on a few pages back.
    Try this although a few minutes behind

https://cricfree.stream/watch/live/preston-vs-charlton-live-streaming
    Thanks for your help mate, but not sure what I'm doing wrong, both this link and the viprow keeps asking me to create an account and can't watch anything.
    Okay, I have it working on my phone but not on my Mac... so far it's okay, thanks.
  • Options
    Thanks for the updates guys. Fingers crossed for the second half.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Keep Davison on. He's lacked it a bit this.half, made poor runs and poor choices. 

Give him ten more minutes to turn.it around. 
    Don’t forget to account for us conceding within 2 minutes of the restart.

Not digging Davison out, he’s a young lad who ordinarily wouldn’t be near the first team, but he’s having a very poor game. Don’t see much point persisting with him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://daddylive.live/channels/stream-22.php

Works ok for me, vpn pointing to U.S. a good 5 mins behind tho
  • Options
    Preston's goal came from a 0.03 xG shot. All modern analytics tell you to let him shoot from there because it's only going into the net one out of thirty odd times.

Better to hold the defensive shape and not let him play a killer ball in to a player who would be in a better scoring position.
    Sorry just listen to yourself.

Dismiss it all you want but it's borne out in the stats of our season.

Why do you think we have the highest shots on target percentage in the league? Because the players are instructed not to snap at low quality chances and instead pick a pass.

It follows that the defenders would be set up for the opposite and restrict the other team to long distance efforts. Have you never heard of commentators saying "they'll happily let them shoot from distance all day long"?

We are defensively frail, we don't have defenders who can move forward and close down a player on the edge of the box without getting caught out behind the line. This is our tactical compromise.
  • Options
    Preston's goal came from a 0.03 xG shot. All modern analytics tell you to let him shoot from there because it's only going into the net one out of thirty odd times.

Better to hold the defensive shape and not let him play a killer ball in to a player who would be in a better scoring position.

Why do you think we have the highest shots on target percentage in the league? Because the players are instructed not to snap at low quality chances and instead pick a pass.

It follows that the defenders would be set up for the opposite and restrict the other team to long distance efforts. Have you never heard of commentators saying "they'll happily let them shoot from distance all day long"?

We are defensively frail, we don't have defenders who can move forward and close down a player on the edge of the box without getting caught out behind the line. This is our tactical compromise.
    To be fair, in this instance i find it super hard to believe 1 in 30 shots from the edge of the box go in? Hear what you’re saying though.
  • Options
    Some of it is tactical . Very deep,   very passive, very disjointed. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My man Naby looking absolute class, along with the rest of the defence to a lesser extent - I suppose they'll all get blamed for us not winning again mind
    Hasn't put a foot wrong.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    My man Naby looking absolute class, along with the rest of the defence to a lesser extent - I suppose they'll all get blamed for us not winning again mind
    Here's the latest edition of "Naby Watch", from his fan club founder ....
  • Options
    This is the problem with relying on youngsters. They are inconsistent. It is a shame Hemed didn't start. We do not want Davison's confidence to be dented.

I agree that we should not make changes before 60 minutes. 
  • Options
    Yes Naby MOM so far

• Options
    edited January 2020

To be fair, in this instance i find it super hard to believe 1 in 30 shots from the edge of the box go in? Hear what you’re saying though.

It's an average figure over many season's worth of matches so it probably acccounts for more effective closing down than we saw but nonetheless it's gotta be fewer than 1 in 20. 1 in 15 at worst.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    limeygent said:
    Leuth said:
    Hasn't put a foot wrong.
    Just a miskicked clearance again that went flat and straight up the middle. Other than that he's looked alright.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    limeygent said:
    Leuth said:
    Hasn't put a foot wrong.
    Oh Gawd ......... you've done it now ........
  • Options
    Ok first half so far. Green is a good outlet. 
    Did start to look leggy at end of half. 
    Need some ball retention.
    Defence looks good with oshi in there again. 

Again feels like we are 1 experienced and fit centre mid away from being good imo. (Striker would be nice as well but davison is growing every game)

doughty looks ace. Can imagine him being scouted 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    limeygent said:
    Leuth said:
    Hasn't put a foot wrong.
    Just a miskicked clearance again that went flat and straight up the middle. Other than that he's looked alright.
    To be fair everyone has done that sort of clearance
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    limeygent said:
    Leuth said:
    Hasn't put a foot wrong.
    Oh Gawd ......... you've done it now ........
    I know, sorry.
  • Options
    Let's see if we make it to 60 mins without conceding again.  
  • Options
    Not finding an out ball, Williams not acting as link with the front 2.
    Our throw ins, forward passes and goal clearances are all coming straight back at us. Bauer dominant in the air. Hemed on for Davison asap to win and hold the ball.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Our half hearted press isn't helping and some look quite lacking in energy already. 
    Noticed a few poor first touches leading to losing possession. Also noticed that the man in possession seems to have few options, whereas Preston players seem to have two or three.
    Reckon Bowyer will shift things around now. Hemed should be chomping at the bit, and Otzumer might provide a creative spark, although I suspect he'll be Jonny's replacement. Would like to see Jonny getting wider too.

Get the energy gels down yer necks!
  • Options

I would agree with you if wd were in the top 6......but seeing as we are near the bottom I would say having a dip from 20 odd yards every now & then wouldnt do any harm. 
  • Options
    Barnsley and Wigan also drawing at the moment. This is a game we really need to come away with something.
  • Options
    Teams are going to start knocking it out of play on purpose we are so shocking from throw ons. What have they been instructed to do, its like Sunday league where everyone just lines up down the touch line! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!