Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Preston v Charlton | Sat 18 Jan | 3pm KO | Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Here come the Addicks for the second half. A big 45 minutes ahead of us...COME ON YOU REDS!#cafc
  • Options
    46' We're back under way... #pnefc 1 #cafc 1
  • Options
    cmon u Addicks...nice early goal please 
  • Options
    Jeez that must have been close to a penalty from Oshilaja!!
  • Options
    Weds 0 B/burn 4..........Weds down to 10 men
  • Options
    cmon u Addicks...nice early goal please 
    Nah we have conceded too many early in the second half this season already!!
  • Options
    Posted at47'

Attempt missed. Scott Sinclair (Preston North End) right footed shot from the centre of the box.

• Options
    All 4 of my apartment showings were canceled because of the blizzard we are having, so I'm here for the 2nd half. Come on boys!
  • Options
    Preston's goal came from a 0.03 xG shot. All modern analytics tell you to let him shoot from there because it's only going into the net one out of thirty odd times.

Better to hold the defensive shape and not let him play a killer ball in to a player who would be in a better scoring position.
    Sorry just listen to yourself.

Dismiss it all you want but it's borne out in the stats of our season.

Why do you think we have the highest shots on target percentage in the league? Because the players are instructed not to snap at low quality chances and instead pick a pass.

It follows that the defenders would be set up for the opposite and restrict the other team to long distance efforts. Have you never heard of commentators saying "they'll happily let them shoot from distance all day long"?

We are defensively frail, we don't have defenders who can move forward and close down a player on the edge of the box without getting caught out behind the line. This is our tactical compromise.
    I would agree with you if wd were in the top 6......but seeing as we are near the bottom I would say having a dip from 20 odd yards every now & then wouldnt do any harm. 

When there's a decent opening and you have a bit of quality... sure why not... (Gallagher v Derby, Taylor vs Stoke...)
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:
    All 4 of my apartment showings were canceled because of the blizzard we are having, so I'm here for the 2nd half. Come on boys!
    Snow..... 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posted at48'

Foul by Darnell Fisher (Preston North End).

Posted at48'

Jonathan Williams (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

• Options
    Rossman92 said:
    Snow..... 
    I hate it here mate lol
  • Options
    Just pass to a red shirt, FFS. Too many unnecessary and unsuccessful Hollywood passes. 
  • Options
    Posted at50'

Attempt missed. Tom Barkhuizen (Preston North End) right footed shot from the left side of the box.

• Options
    3 points coming back to london
    Bowyer and his  red army will sort this out
  • Options
    Not immediately clear what Bowyer's said to them at half-time
  • Options
    Ffs
  • Options
    oh shit
  • Options
    52' Goal Preston. Bauer. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Poor marking from the corner and Bauer powers the ball home.
  • Options
    Nice header Pat... thanks for not celebrating!!
  • Options
    3 points coming back to london
    Bowyer and his  red army will sort this out
    Want to think again...?
  • Options
    Bollox
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    Bauer with the header..
  • Options
    52' The former Addick powers home a header from a corner. He didn't celebrate. #pnefc 2 #cafc 1
  • Options
    Can’t defend set pieces ffs
  • Options
    Oh dear... guess who was meant to be marking Bauer...............
  • Options
    Poor marking from the corner and Bauer powers the ball home.
    It's tactical. Better to let him head it from there ;)
  • Options
    Oh Patrick,what have you done :(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!