Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Phrases you hate

Comments

• Options
    INNIT BRUV 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Wears their heart on their sleeve - (Cries when things don't go their way)

Doesn't suffer fools gladly  - (Offensive c***)

Speaks their mind - (Offensive c***)

Calls a Spade a Spade!
  • Options
    Showing ‘energy’. As in, “Charlton were showing relegation energy for a while there”. 

• Options
    Anything Maori
  • Options
    Can I 'get' instead of can I have.
  • Options
    Anything Maori
    Ooooooooh contentious. I’ve just been back for a week for the first time in 4 years and  there is certainly a visible increase in all aspects of Māori culture in day to day life.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

Bubbly personality (ugly fat woman who is not funny)
  • Options
    Anything Maori
    Needs clarification.  I was meaning the Māori language, definitely not the Māori people.  The Labour/Greens Government of 6 years and landslided out last October decreed that Government Departments and Crown Entities be known under Māori names.  Waka Kotahi means little to most New Zealanders for example, it alone visitors to the country.  That is the NZ Land Transport Authority.

The new National Government turned it round and we are back to normality.

But the use of Māori language to introduce tv news and sports bulletins etc and constant phrases inserted at every opportunity are a carryover from the last 6 years.  I’m all for promoting Te Reo  for those interested.  I just don’t appreciate it being thrown at me at every opportunity.
  • Options
    Lessons will be learned. As quoted by most Police Forces.
    This usually goes with 'this must never happen again', mostly used after a child has been battered to death but social services have screwed up.
  • Options
    edited March 19
    'It is what it is'
    Of course it is what it is, it can't be what it isn't.

Just heard someone on the radio referring to the 'challenges' their company are facing when the reality is that have fucked up due to their own incompetence and are now having to face the consequences
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "lean into" is the latest phrase at work (e.g. "it's a challenge that we all need to lean into")
  • Options
    "lean into" is the latest phrase at work (e.g. "it's a challenge that we all need to lean into")
    Yeah I'm with you on that one. Massively overused, particularly by Americans. Can't get through the NYT Daily podcast without someone saying it. 

• Options
    I'm gonna go ahead and point out another one that I'm sure I pointed out elsewhere on here, but it annoys me more than any other turn of phrase and once I point it out you will get just as annoyed as me. 

If you are watching a YouTube tutorial of any kind, and it's presented by an American, you will almost certainly have to listen to them say "You can go ahead and" / "I'm gonna go ahead and"  multiple times. Like they are part of the tutorial club because they say it. 

They can't just say "put the screw in the hole" it has to be "You can go ahead and put the screw in the hole" and I fucking hate it. 
  • Options
    100% when you mean ‘yes’
    Agree 100%. 
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    I'm gonna go ahead and point out another one that I'm sure I pointed out elsewhere on here, but it annoys me more than any other turn of phrase and once I point it out you will get just as annoyed as me. 

If you are watching a YouTube tutorial of any kind, and it's presented by an American, you will almost certainly have to listen to them say "You can go ahead and" / "I'm gonna go ahead and"  multiple times. Like they are part of the tutorial club because they say it. 

They can't just say "put the screw in the hole" it has to be "You can go ahead and put the screw in the hole" and I fucking hate it. 
    90% of Youtube videos starting with "What's happening guys! <insert name> here with another video!"
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I have had dogs for over 50 years and never once felt the need to put a bag with dog s++T in my pocket, how disgusting 

Well I suppose that's another view on it.  Personally as a responsible dog owner I'd rather clear up after my dog and either bin it or take it home with me, not hang it on a tree, leave it where it is or sling it over somebody's fence like many others.  At least I've progressed to using poo bags :)
  • Options
    Well done its a bastard getting it out your fingernails.
  • Options
    family club of the year
  • Options
    edited March 19
    iaitch said:
    Well done its a bastard getting it out your fingernails.
    scrape them with your teeth >:)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gribbo said:

New age - Hairy and a smelly fanny
    Outgoing - Annoying
    Likes eating out - Greedy cow
    Likes meals at home - Lazy greedy cow

Regards the top one, how long have you been married? B)
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Gribbo said:

New age - Hairy and a smelly fanny
    Outgoing - Annoying
    Likes eating out - Greedy cow
    Likes meals at home - Lazy greedy cow

Bubbly - A bit of a chunker
  • Options
    Game changer’s.

Used to be called substitute and then substitute’s.
    Now it’s for players unable to play half agame of football.

Used to work with someone who had that as his job title. No idea what he actually did but nothing changed much!
  • Options
    Anyone who leaves out the word to….i.e…..Are you going Chelsea?…..or……I am going football.
    Going up london
  • Options
    Anyone who leaves out the word to….i.e…..Are you going Chelsea?…..or……I am going football.
    Going up london
    Damn right! Should be Going up that London.
  • Options
    "Same, same but different"
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    100% when you mean ‘yes’
    Agree 100%. 
    Agree 110%
  • Options
    Very much so
  • Options
    Rizzo said:
    Going up london
    Damn right! Should be Going up that London.
    surely it is Going up town?