Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Hey Jude - Jude Bellingham - Birmingham 30 Million Pounds!!!

Comments

• Looks set to join Dortmund in the summer apparently 
    If he goes great move.... As long as they play him... 
  • Do you think the efl will reduce any potential points reduction as Birmingham have committed to selling a player as they were meant to do in January. Or have they been forced to sell now. 
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51805933

Visited Man U today

I'm confused that players can't sign a pro deal until they are 17, yet there is still talk of a major transfer fee?
  • shine166 said:
    Man itd have a debt of nearly $500m, how does that work with ffp ? 
    A lot of that was loaded onto the club by the Glazers. 
  • Haven't seen enough of him but all the reports say he's a generational talent and one of the best 16 year olds anyone has seen in a long long time.

30m might seem a lot for a 16 year old but given how well Dortmund usually do in the transfer market (if they sign him), they'll know they can sell him back to a premier league club for 100m+ in 2-3 years time.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51805933

Visited Man U today

I'm confused that players can't sign a pro deal until they are 17, yet there is still talk of a major transfer fee?
    I posted this on another thread the other day its the only way I can see around it.

Birmingham certainly won't have any issues next season given that half of Europe is supposedly trying to sign Bellingham for 30m+ this summer.
    I dont see how they are even getting that, he is 16 years old, he cant sign a pro contract until he is 17.

He doesnt turn 17 until 29th June, not sure how junior contracts work but surely he can just sign for a club abroad and a compensation package has to be agreed that wont be anywhere near £30 Million.

I could be wrong about that tho and Birmingham could already have a contract agreed with him for when he turns 17 so they get money but wasnt sure that was allowed
  • Him and his family are all huge Birmingham fans so they might not want to see the club ripped off for a few million compensation when they could get 30m+ if he signs a contract.

Also because there's so many big clubs interested in him, these clubs might be prepared to do a deal first rather than wait and see what a tribunal says?

But i do agree it's a bit odd.
  • edited July 2020
    Signing with Dortmund. Birmingham will get roughly £20.7m (€23m) for him according to Bild.
  • As they said on Sky Sports the other day... You have to wonder if Man Utd have spoken to Dortmund

Allow them to sign Bellingham and then Dortmund knock £20m or however much the asking price for Sancho if United bid
  • Sponsored links:

• As they said on Sky Sports the other day... You have to wonder if Man Utd have spoken to Dortmund

Allow them to sign Bellingham and then Dortmund knock £20m or however much the asking price for Sancho if United bid
    Apart from getting into a bidding war with Man U, how would that benefit Dortmund? They potentially lose out on £20m on sancho 
  • edited July 2020
    As they said on Sky Sports the other day... You have to wonder if Man Utd have spoken to Dortmund

Apart from getting into a bidding war with Man U, how would that benefit Dortmund? They potentially lose out on £20m on sancho 
    Yet they've then got a replacement... Not the same sort of player but another youngster to sell on for a huge profit later down the line

The alternative is they could still sell Sancho and may not have signed Bellingham
  • Dortmund have a great reputation for young players and rightly so. They will sell him in a year or two for a vast profit just as they will Sancho and Haaland. 

That reputation is deserved for Dortmund and Bundesliga is a very good league to play in and learn in.

good all round  
  • Swisdom said:
    Dortmund have a great reputation for young players and rightly so. They will sell him in a year or two for a vast profit just as they will Sancho and Haaland. 

That reputation is deserved for Dortmund and Bundesliga is a very good league to play in and learn in.

good all round  
    Other benefit is that they are happy to sell players to Bayern Munich. 

If you sign for a top 6 club in England there almost zero chance you will be sold to another top 6 team. Thus, you are stuck there and do not have much options with you next move.
  • Those wacky Germans!
  • How the hell is that wasp playing the guitar? 
    Major skills. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry but that’s cringe city 😳😩😞😞
  • ross1 said:
    I Have not read this thread, but I have just seen on Sky that he played for Brum the other night and his transfer will not go through until after he plays in the game Wednesday, ARE YOU WATCHING LYLE TAYLOR
    Very classy the way he finished the season at Brum AND made sure they got a big fee for him
  • Wonder how many of them are singing: "Hey Jude" yet wonder just who the hell he is...
  • Swisdom said:
    Dortmund have a great reputation for young players and rightly so. They will sell him in a year or two for a vast profit just as they will Sancho and Haaland. 

good all round  
    Other benefit is that they are happy to sell players to Bayern Munich. 

If you sign for a top 6 club in England there almost zero chance you will be sold to another top 6 team. Thus, you are stuck there and do not have much options with you next move.
    Not any more. They made it a club policy about 18 months ago not to sell to Bayern any more.

Also regarding the top 6 here, in the main yes that is the case. But as City proved with the likes of Adebayor, Clichy, Nasri, Walker, and at the time when Liverpool weren't so good, Sterling, money still talks.

If United or City wanted to pay the money for Kane, Spurs would sell him to a top 6 rival.
  • What a young man, hope he has a successful career.
  • This will end in tears, Lookman mark two. 
  • This will end in tears, Lookman mark two. 
    Yes but we got all that money to spend on the training ground so it must’ve been worth it