Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2020 thread

Comments

• Options
    Banker of the week. Nicely done.
  • Options
    That is some horse. Thought for a few seconds he was in trouble and then he breezed through. 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    That is some horse. Thought for a few seconds he was in trouble and then he breezed through. 

Drifted out to 7/2 on the exchange at the home turn before the turbo boosters kicked in. The Big Getaway went as low as 1/2 at the same point in the race.
  • Options
    Has absolutely MULLERED it there. I think he's an even better horse than we've seen even though there was half a question mark on the turn - just allowed the front runners a little too much rope hence the slightly shorter distance I think.
  • Options

Drifted out to 7/2 on the exchange at the home turn before the turbo boosters kicked in. The Big Getaway went as low as 1/2 at the same point in the race.
    I'm not surprised that he drifted in running. I bet it disappeared pretty quickly though. 
  • Options
    That’s all my bets paid for now! Just need some winners for profit...
  • Options
    Geraghty .. a real champ
  • Options
    That was impossible! 
  • Options
    Oh fuck off Minella Indo, sums up my betting career
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I instinctively do not like Champ as a horse. Urgh. Should've been Minella Indo's! But there you have it. Great race.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Wow that was impressive from Champ. Went out to over 700/1 in running. Minella Indo beat at 1/20.
  • Options
    Geraghty winning a bloody handicap. What the hell man.

Ah well, place for Black Tears, c'est la.
  • Options
    ouch... black tears my biggest bet of the day... Nice each way money but would have had over a grand there
  • Options
    PaddyP17 said:
    Geraghty winning a bloody handicap. What the hell man.

Ah well, place for Black Tears, c'est la.
    Black Tears travelled beautifully, thought he had it but fav was far too strong.
  • Options
    long shots .. kicking the bucket (for all you ska/reggae fans)
  • Options
    Have had money on all the JP horses so far today. Sporting John let me down but thanks to Champ and Dame De Compagnie.

Wasn't going to have any on Defi (too short) or Easysland (Tiger Roll) but now I'm tempted.
  • Options
    Ouch, what's happened there then
  • Options
    Defi Du Seuil shocker
  • Options
    Awful performance by Defi. Thank god for betting without markets. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great images of John Hales there.
    In tears as he watched the finish
  • Options
    Never seemed to be travelling did Defi Du Seuil! Wasn't jumping cleanly and for Barry to have kept going so wide, something was amiss.

Altior would have won that without coming off the bridle.
  • Options
    Agreed - Easysland has me tempted too, JP having a cross country horse trained in France is interesting. 
  • Options
    Agreed - Easysland has me tempted too, JP having a cross country horse trained in France is interesting. 
    Recent purchase though so wouldn't read too much into being trained in France. 

Having said that, I fancy it to win too. 
  • Options
    Might Bite ?
  • Options
    Fantastic stuff from Easysland! Never gave Tiger Roll a chance.
  • Options
    That was seriously impressive
  • Options
    Thyme White e/w in the next. Be a proper shit day if this don’t place.
  • Options
    I always thought today would be the trickiest day of the festival.  Glad I've only played small stakes today
  • Options
    Very pleased I did get tempted by Easysland