Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2020 thread

Comments

• Thanks again, @palarsehater. Another good day on your coat-tails
  • Had Easyland/Aramax double 
    had Dame De Compaigne to win outright and also had Queens Brook ew so I’ve had a good day.

Looking at tomorrow and I’ve got a few doubles and Faugheen in the first race, money back if he comes 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th.
  • Tidy e/w lucky 15 today, done similar with Faugheen, if Ryanair and Stayers are as good as last year potentially a great day in prospect. 
  • Drew a blank today , but only had small stakes & still massively up from yesterday so no harm done.

Will be backing a couple with more confidence tomorrow.  My day 3 selections are:

1:30 Itchy Feet (Bet of the day)
    Samcro (Smaller stakes saver)

3:30 Apples Jade

4:10 Simply The Betts 
    La Bague Au Roi

• Took took advantage of the Betfair promo to kickstart a decent day after missing out yesterday. Anyone know if it’s on again tomorrow & Fri?
  • edited March 2020
    In the Kim Muir, 2 that most appeal e/w to me:
    • The Kings Writ (40/1) - should relish the test (first time beyond 25f; win or placed and staying on 4 from 4 at 24-25f), related to Ballabriggs
    • Bob Mahler (20/1) - winner over (today's new) course & dist, staying pedigree and 3 from 3 win or placed at 26f+, 1st time blinkers
    May add a third later. Need a team for this one   :)
  • Yes got paddy power free bet gone penhill ew
  • 4.10 - Brown Plate again - worth noting Gigginstown only send one runner and that's Death Duty who lurks around 22/1 at the minute. Their handicap record is pretty good, so it's interesting to see him go there.
  • Sponsored links:

• That said, I realise I've mentioned about half the field in each of the three handicaps today! But it's more food for thought than any sort of tip of course, caveat emptor, whatever whatever
  • Mister Fisher for me.   6/1 with Paddy Power.   LUMP ON. 
  • Yes got paddy power free bet gone penhill ew
    Have followed you as I know nothing.
  • edited March 2020
    Fuck paddy power. I’ve been a customer with them for 20 years. Now they want proof of who I am. I don’t have a driving licence and my passport has just run out. Fuckers
  • edited March 2020
    In the Kim Muir, 2 that most appeal e/w to me:
    • The Kings Writ (40/1) - should relish the test (first time beyond 25f; win or placed and staying on 4 from 4 at 24-25f), related to Ballabriggs
    • Bob Mahler (20/1) - winner over (today's new) course & dist, staying pedigree and 3 from 3 win or placed at 26f+, 1st time blinkers
    May add a third later. Need a team for this one   :)
    Following you @PaddyP17 with Cloth Cap to complete my team (slow off the mark on this fella and 16s best price now). As you say, fine 3rd at Ayr only 4L behind Takingrisks, who's gone on and won well again off 8lb higher. This lad's only 3lbs higher mark, off which he's run creditably since. Stamina abundant in his pedigree - related to Amberleigh House and Niche Market.
    Good luck all.

• edited March 2020
    Fuck paddy power. I’ve been a customer with them for 20 years. Now they want proof of who I am. I don’t have a driving licence and my passport has just run out. Fuckers
    I've had the same with SkyBet. I'm buggered if I'm uploading passport or driving licence to their friggin' database - might as well hand it over to the Chinese Embassy    ;)    
  • edited March 2020
    PaddyP17 said:
    4.10 - Brown Plate again - worth noting Gigginstown only send one runner and that's Death Duty who lurks around 22/1 at the minute. Their handicap record is pretty good, so it's interesting to see him go there.
    Bit of a sprint for me but I fancy this fella too e/w (market support for him for the Red Mills last time but probably needed a couple of spins after a lengthy spell on the sidelines) - a relative to one that I once owned. It's apparent that Giggingstown bought considerably more wisely   :/
  • Two horses that have ran and kept there marks protected for today are
    2.10 Dream Berry (plus Olly has kept Skandiburg for this race too)
    4.10 Robin De Foret
  • PaddyP17 said:
    4.10 - Brown Plate again - worth noting Gigginstown only send one runner and that's Death Duty who lurks around 22/1 at the minute. Their handicap record is pretty good, so it's interesting to see him go there.
    Bit of a sprint for me but I fancy this fella too e/w (market support for him for the Red Mills last time but probably needed a couple of spins after a lengthy spell on the sidelines) - a relative to one that I once owned. It's apparent that Giggingstown bought considerably more wisely   :/
    Death Duty owes me from the Festival two years ago? Lumped on for the Albert Bartlett (?) after Elliott talked him up at the Betfair Preview night
  • edited March 2020
    My (very unscientific) bets today are on horse no. 6 in all 7 races. All of them seem to have a chance. My Super Heinz EACH WAY bet of £24 should pay me £2.1m if they all come in.
  • Sponsored links:

• My (also very unscientific) bets today are Guitar Pete and Yukon Lil, neither have a chance but I like the names:-). 
  • Mister Fisher & Samcro.
  • Wow what a race that was
  • Samcro surely?
  • Mister Fisher & Samcro.

I'll take that!
  • What a race!

As for Mister Fisher - didn't quite have enough. Think the race wasn't run to suit and I also don't think Nico got going soon enough (though who knows if that would have made a real difference) - maybe should have been more prominent?
  • I thought Samcro was fantastic there, great to see it back. 
  • PaddyP17 said:
    What a race!

As for Mister Fisher - didn't quite have enough. Think the race wasn't run to suit and I also don't think Nico got going soon enough (though who knows if that would have made a real difference) - maybe should have been more prominent?

Thought the same, got excited as he drew closer two out but was clear that too much was left to do before the last. Can't grumble at picking out the winner though. :-)

• Samcro near side, Melon far side. Faugheen a length back in third.

• Relegate & Unowhatimeanharry