Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The greatest show on turf Cheltenham 2020 thread

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Oh my days!!! Man, that's absolute heartbreak for Goshen. Wow.

Allmankind for a place which returns a nominal amount antepost as it turns out, but... don't really care atm. Gutted for Jamie and Gary Moore. Maybe he shouldn't have pressed him so hard...?
  • Options
    Wow......really feel for the Moores. 
    Had a chore to do and by the time I got money on Navajo Pass he was sweating up and 80s but kept the faith :) - brilliant e/w pick @PaddyP17 - you still da man!!!!    

• Options
    Goshen ffs! Poor start to the day.
  • Options
    Aaaaaaaand... Navajo Pass fourth for that place on Hills! And at 50s!
  • Options
    Wow......really feel for the Moores. 
    Had a chore to do and by the time I got money on Navajo Pass he was sweating up and 80s but kept the faith :) - brilliant e/w pick @PaddyP17 - you still da man!!!!    

80s!!! Hah, fair enough, well played!
  • Options
    Why did they show the girl screaming on Goshen who looks after him there?! Ohhhhhh no that seems cruel
  • Options
    And moore will wonder why he doesn’t get more rides - if ruby done that would be a different story 
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Don't think I've ever felt so gutted about backing a winner. 

Goshen is a class horse.  That'll take some getting over for connections
  • Options
    Thatsy has been backed into 7s and 8s, and just now some late money appears to have come in for Saint Roi who's top of the market at 9/2.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    They showed the slow mo and Goshen rear left and front left foot got stuck together. Slowed the horse down (he would of carried his momentum if they hadn’t stuck) and Moore carried on the same speed. Desperately unlucky and nothing the jockey could do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    PaddyP17 said:

2.10 - Ugh. Throw a dart at the card! You're getting five places with most and six with a handful here, so thievery abounds. Another race for trends and stats - Mullins and Nicholls have historically done well here, with Gigginstown having sent eight runners with zero return. This for me rules out Embittered despite - interestingly - being the sole G-town runner. The top three in the market are all Mullins runners, and amazingly we've seen Barry Geraghty win two handicaps this year (despite historically being terrible in them!), so for the win, it might be worth siding with the favourite in Saint Roi (6/1 or 11/2 generally), who won well LTO and has the benefit of Mullins, Geraghty and JP's colours. But I prefer longer odds. To that end I'm also going to go with handicap master Davy Russell on Gordon Elliott's charge Thatsy (12/1) who can find improvement. I will also chance a third one each-way in the form of Rathhill (28/1 Hills) as he's had a wind op since last run, and Henderson has spoken highly of him. Nico on board, JP's colours - nice price; let's go. Others to keep half an eye on (at the bigger odds) are Oakley, Sir Valentine and maybe Zanza (who's a boom or bust proposition).

Gimme that winner! Shame about the others not getting anywhere near the places but it seems as if they were a tad too far off the pace for just a bit too long.
  • Options
    Geraghty taking this piss this week. 
  • Options
    Geraghty taking this piss this week. 
    If you backed him between 2008-2018 at level stakes in handicaps, he would have left you bankrupt. 2019, I believe, was similar.

And then this week he's all over them!
  • Options
    Just worked out I'm 10 points up for the week. 8 points outlay today so I'm 2 points up whatever happens.

I'll put up my own selections with points outlay for today.

1:30 Goshen 1.5pt
    Burning Victory 0.5pt 

2:10 Saint Roi 0.5pt
    Aramon 0.5pt 

2:50 Monkfish 0.5pt ew 

3:30 Kemboy 0.5pt ew 

4:50 Greaneteen 1.5pt 

5:30  Column Of Fire 1pt
     Espoir De Romay 0.5pt 

I'm leaving the foxhunters alone 

Good luck everyone 

1st and 2nd.

For anyone following this, you're welcome  :)
  • Options
    @Gravesend_Addick on fire, all the bookies terrified 
  • Options
    Thyme Hill absolute mugged twice one the run in.
  • Options
    Thyme Hill absolute mugged twice one the run in.
    You have got to be fucking kidding me
  • Options
    Just worked out I'm 10 points up for the week. 8 points outlay today so I'm 2 points up whatever happens.

I'll put up my own selections with points outlay for today.

1:30 Goshen 1.5pt
    Burning Victory 0.5pt 

2:10 Saint Roi 0.5pt
    Aramon 0.5pt 

2:50 Monkfish 0.5pt ew 

3:30 Kemboy 0.5pt ew 

4:50 Greaneteen 1.5pt 

5:30  Column Of Fire 1pt
     Espoir De Romay 0.5pt 

I'm leaving the foxhunters alone 

Good luck everyone 

Many congrats (trust the result stands)  @Gravesend_Addick
    Amazing stuff. Well done.
  • Options
    Backed Goshen and Thyme Hill as well as Melon yesterday.Think I ran over a black cat yesterday morning...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having watched the head-on and overhead again, as unlucky as Thyme Hill was, I don't think there's any cause to demote other horses as a result, especially as he finished (just over) a length down.

Townend drifted just over to the right and may have squeezed TH but there's not enough in it to deem it deliberate or to have significantly advantaged/disadvantaged anyone.

Racing incident, and it's really shitty for anyone backing Thyme Hill. A load of mugs on Twitter are complaining, and doing so very poorly. But that's the way it goes - wasn't enough to change anything in there.

If anyone a bit more enlightened on the nitty gritty than me has any thoughts I would like to know.
  • Options
    Love that horse! And a great race: really really pleased for ABP and connections, even though Delta Work was my own fancy.

Mistake very early on wasn't good to see, but the one that really did it IMO was the fence before the water jump - meant very little was ever going to be left in the tank. Ah well.
  • Options
    good race and at least got a run for my money 

mullins 4 from 4 today

as soon as goshen bombed earlier i knew it was going to be one of those days. 
  • Options
    Boum Boum .. and next year ?
  • Options
    This is incredible by Mullins, Billaway will go off at a silly price now. 
  • Options
    Great run from Monalee in 4th, considering being badly hampered just before the straight.
  • Options
    Buzzing for that jockey. 66/1 fair play.
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Smashed it It Came To Pass. Great ride, great win, great story.
  • Options
    Form figures before today - U1U17P or something! Good for them, lovely.