Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Matt Smith joins on loan from Man City ***

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2020
    Good back up for Cullen. Looks a similar stature. Is he a defensive midfielder? 

Welcome 
  • Options
    Super duper deal phone misplaced it seems.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The ultimate underwhelming signing for the glass half full (or completely empty in some
    cases).

- boring name
    - Welsh
    - no impact at QPR
    - no YouTube video showing stepovers and long shots with rap music
    - only 20 so we must be scrapping the barrel

How would you personally rate Smith, Scoham?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    The ultimate underwhelming signing for the glass half full (or completely empty in some
    cases).

- boring name
    - Welsh
    - no impact at QPR

Don’t know much about him, will trust Bowyer and Gallen like I do with all signings. They’ve shown they know what they’re doing.
  • Options
    As Matt Smith came out the Man City Academy and they play exactly the same as the 1st team and he has spent a season in the Dutch League ?  I'm looking forward to his Cruyff turn on the edge of our area with two forwards closing him down. 
  • Options
    Going by Football Manager, he can play:
    WB R, DM, M RC, so will give us ample cover.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Scoham said:
    cases).

- boring name
    - Welsh
    - no impact at QPR

Don’t know much about him, will trust Bowyer and Gallen like I do with all signings. They’ve shown they know what they’re doing.
    Yep, much the same as I feel. 

• Options

He's going to have his work cut out though. Must have a good engine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So it has taken us to this stage of the window to bring in a player that could only manage 8 games for QPR.

Anyway, Gallagher turned out decent so possibly Smith can too.

Is money a  problem for ESI?
    Said before it wouldn't surprise me if they're scrabbling around in the middle East for investors or as the chairman puts it sponsors. The Belgian has deferred payment for 6 months & the "owner" has a legal obligation to cover any investment shortfall to get it past EFL. Just a possibility :-)
  • Options
    Looks like a third choice signing, to be honest. But that doesn't mean he won't do a very good job for us, and I do really like what he said about being fired up to play for us. Welcome. Make a name for yourself young man.
  • Options
    As Matt Smith came out the Man City Academy and they play exactly the same as the 1st team and he has spent a season in the Dutch League ?  I'm looking forward to his Cruyff turn on the edge of our area with two forwards closing him down. 

Division 2 in the Dutch league as well.
  • Options
    He turned out good in his loan spell at qpr on my game too, 7.08 average rating, played 42 games. Must be able to cut it in the championship then ;-)
  • Options

The last person we signed from that level in Holland turned out alright...
  • Options

Who was that player , 
  • Options

Who was that player , 
    Seriously you have to ask?
  • Options
    So three loans to date.

Preston cast off
    Sunderland cast off
    QPR cast off

No money spent. 

Genuinely believe if Gallen had been in charge we would have got better.
    So you’re saying Southall is choosing the signings?
  • Options

Who was that player , 
    Yes my mind has gone blank.
  • Options
    I started a thread in this before seeing this one, I was much more upbeat. 

Quality defensive midfielder played full internationals for Wales and so Jonny Williams must also rate him.

Not proven at this level but look forward to seeing him out himself about.

Welcome Matt and good luck. 
    Why must Jonny Williams also rate him? And even if asked how do you know whether he does or doesn’t?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No I just think he would have got things done earlier. We've been too slow and have missed targets, so we get unproven people like this Smith guy. 
  • Options
    edited January 2020

Who was that player , 
    Yes my mind has gone blank.
    Piotr Parzyszek from De Graafschap

Champions League scorer
  • Options
    No I just think he would have got things done earlier. We've been too slow and have missed targets, so we get unproven people like this Smith guy. 
     And proven players like this McGeady bloke.
  • Options
    How many defensive midfielders do we need? Really need a box to box type who can pick a pass, shoot, score a couple of goals.
  • Options
    I thought I read that Smith was box to box.
  • Options
    If Taylor stays....that’ll do me

Be good to get RCH or the Blackpool striker but it’s a Brucie. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    So three loans to date.

Preston cast off
    Sunderland cast off
    QPR cast off

No money spent. 

Genuinely believe if Gallen had been in charge we would have got better.
    So you’re saying Southall is choosing the signings?
    That would be strange wouldn't it ?
  • Options
    What i will say about that season with Twente the team played some great football in front of 25000 FANS every game. One club city is Enschede and one of the better grounds and fan base. The Valley can beat that for sure and i hope Matt Smith can turn it on given the chance to play.