Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*** Matt Smith joins on loan from Man City ***

12346»

Comments

• Options
    That interview is extremely boring. 
  • Options
    Has Mouthall asked for his kit bag and shower gel back?
  • Options
    I was underwhelmed when I heard he had joined us and equally so now he has gone. 
  • Options
    That was as shit a window as you could’ve expected for us in our situation
  • Options

How Bowyer managed to keep a straight face on that whole day/evening is beyond me?
  • Options

How Bowyer managed to keep a straight face on that whole day/evening is beyond me?
    Yep , for the good of the club etc 
    but I take anything he says with a pinch of salt in regard to behind the scenes guff at Charlton 
  • Options
    It is a strange one  A teenage Full Welsh International who plays for Man City should be good enough to make our 20 man squad .

Having looked at the statement it reads like he has gone back because he is injured .

I doubt that there will be time for his return .
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    It is a strange one  A teenage Full Welsh International who plays for Man City should be good enough to make our 20 man squad .

Having looked at the statement it reads like he has gone back because he is injured .

To be fair with Wales at the moment they do seem to be giving kids early caps simply to try and avoid them being picked up by England like Declan Rice
  • Options
    Richard J said:

To be fair with Wales at the moment they do seem to be giving kids early caps simply to try and avoid them being picked up by England like Declan Rice
    A bit off topic, but I don't like countries doing that as to me it devalues international sport if you end up with a side full of players like Smith who only qualify due to one grandparent
  • Options
    I am sure Tony O'Cascarin started the trend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sure England are pleased they did it with Jenkinson. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:

A bit off topic, but I don't like countries doing that as to me it devalues international sport if you end up with a side full of players like Smith who only qualify due to one grandparent
    No I hate it as well even when England have done it in the past

If a kid is good enough then by all means play them but dont play them just to stop another Nation from benefiting further down their career
  • Options
    Talal said:
    But then Carl Jenkinson was born and raised in England. It's not as if he grew up in Finland and qualified for England because he had an English grandmother!
  • Options
    Richard J said:

No I hate it as well even when England have done it in the past

If a kid is good enough then by all means play them but dont play them just to stop another Nation from benefiting further down their career
    Agreed, indeed it would be fairer to allow players to change nationalities before say 21, to stop them having to make significant, non reversible decisions, aged 18

The England cricket team have definitely taken advantage of the financial weaknesses of other countries as another example
  • Options
    Talal said:
    But then Carl Jenkinson was born and raised in England. It's not as if he grew up in Finland and qualified for England because he had an English grandmother!
    True true, just a little joke. 
  • Options
    Bowyer comes out with almost as much rubbish as any other cafc club official at times. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Bowyer comes out with almost as much rubbish as any other cafc club official at times. 
    Shall we get rid of him then Daz? I detect a bit of unrest amongst some on here with his team selections and in game management 😲.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Shall we get rid of him then Daz? I detect a bit of unrest amongst some on here with his team selections and in game management 😲.
    Certainly not! 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Certainly not! 
    I think he's just being diplomatic with his take on the Smith situation. We never really saw that much of the lad to form an opinion but then again like McGeady we don't see how they perform at Sparrows Lane. Makes sense not to waste wages on him if he wasn't immediately fit though.
  • Options
    I think he might be part of the consortium
  • Options
    I think he might be part of the consortium
    Can we do a survey Bert?
  • Options
    Under Jackie Charlton if you owned an Irish Setter it was sufficient for you to be selected for Ireland.