Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

*** Matt Smith joins on loan from Man City ***

Comments

• 5 midfielders on Loan, wow!
    Technically 6 as Green is being used as a forward but is clearly a winger.
  • Sorry to be pedantic but Lapslie is surely ready for selection now?

I'll be curious to see how Bowyer approaches both Stoke and Forest with Matthews / Solly

Be great to see Solly involved but at the same time be good if Matthews plays as will show his fitness now
    The RB slot is simply a case of who the best option is at this current point - and for me that's clearly Matthews until anything changes.  
    Of course but its also about managing the whole team from now until the end of the season

Something I have every faith in Bowyer to do, for the whole squad
  • 2121 said:
    2121 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    I thought I read that Smith was box to box.
    So far he has been a defensive midfielder, a box to box one, a qpr reject, a 6'5 center forward, a Wales legend, only capped by Wales to stop him playing for England, the next Colin Bell, the next Polish Pete, cover for Cullen, Lockyer's best mate, highly rated by Johnny Williams.  Have I missed anything? 
    Loves his Nan.
    My qpr mate is convinced it isnt the matt smith that played for qpr. I showed him the website article (and pointed out the bit that said played for qpr) etc and he's convinced it isn't him. Said he’s a striker. He is a bit thick tho. 
    The striker namesake played for them too. Signed for the scum in the summer from them. 
    Sure, but wasnt this matt smith also on Loan to them this year? I showed him the photo and article! 😂
    Ah yes they both played for QPR. I thought you meant he looked at the photo, didn’t recognise him and said that wasn’t the one who played up front for them. To be honest it’s sounds like a forgettable loan for QPR fans. Bit like Kayal for us. 
  • So what was the point of this? 
    It was the transfer window for ESI to flex their muscles and save our season. So much for flexing muscles - it was a fucking waste of time 
    Swapped their bench for ours, it says it all that he came off the bench when he first arrived but hasn't in the last 2 matches
    Getting bodies in the door.
  • We were warned by QPR fans. Shame we appear to have signed a dud.
  • Sponsored links:

• I'd play him in front of Davis personally, but then again I'd play any of our midfielders ahead of him
  • Fuck knows what we would have ended up with if MS hadn’t have had his super deal phone.

What a tosser.
  • If he was trusted even a little bit by LB he'd have been on for Davis who was just a total nightmare zone tonight
  • Can still sign non contracted players, must be someone out there that can do a job?
  • Where's Joe fucking Ledley? Or we can try McGeady. Except Bowyer probably rightly hates him already
  • Surely smith isn’t any worse than Davis
  • edited February 2020
    Maybe if we dropped this fecking 3 at the back nonsense our midfield may have a little more about it. (and play midfielders in midfield, not Oshilaja!) 
  • cafc4life said:
    Surely smith isn’t any worse than Davis
    Davis was decent Saturday. Sure he was apparently shite all of tonight, but commentary sounded like it was our time wasting that cost us.
  • No he wasn't.  He may have been playing on the right of the diamond, but he's the experienced dm.  He left Oshilaja marooned in the middle.  Oshilaja made mistakes but Davis was nowhere to be seen.  Davis should have been tighter out of possesion and talked Oshilaja through it.  Davis is too important to trash but he looks like he needs to play in a flat central 2.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    cafc4life said:
    Surely smith isn’t any worse than Davis
    Davis was decent Saturday. Sure he was apparently shite all of tonight, but commentary sounded like it was our time wasting that cost us.
    I’d disagree personally. He was pretty anonymous first half v Luton but marginally better when he dropped deeper after Lapslie came on. Not good enough I’m afraid.
  • Seen nothing from MS to see who he’s gonna displace from this squad 
  • QPR fan I was speaking to this morning rated him, said they couldn’t understand why he wasn’t get more game time with them
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QqTKAdIg67g

Just found this. Will give it a listen now but might interest others
  • I can hear the disappointment in your text.
    You were right @carly burn

• Thanks Matt for the memories. 
  • edited July 2020
    Looking forward to his testimonial. Will always be known as Matt Southall’s Super Duper signing.  Farewell legend. 
  • edited July 2020
    Dazzler21 said:
    Fantastic. 

Good luck Matt, you're joining a club that will develop you.
    Until May when you leave 
    He exceeded all expectations and remained loyal until July. Exactly what we needed - a bloke who rolled his sleeves up and gave his all to the cause.