Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Matthews - gone to Cyprus, and is in ManU's Europa League group (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    So we are now complaining that the EFL ARE enforcing the rules?

The fact that we can't sign players, because we don't have an owner who can pass the EFL tests, is the owners fault not the EFL. 

This lays firmly with the shit shower of the "ownership" alleged or other wise. 

Cos the whole worlds against us 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Why didn't we resign him sooner like we did with Amos, Williams and JFC?
    They all had options for an extra year
    And it was the players who chose to stay for the extra year
  • Options
    Why not pay him 1.3k a week,and then when embargo lifted,offer new contract that evens out what he should have earned.

nce
  • Options
    Why not pay him 1.3k a week,and then when embargo lifted,offer new contract that evens out what he should have earned.

nce
    Would you take anything on trust given our ownership history?
  • Options
    I’m sure savvy/rich clubs will find loopholes in the salary cap anyway.
  • Options

nce
    They will not let us sign a player. The cap plays no part in this.

Quite rightly at the moment IMO. 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

nce

I dont think thats the case, we can sign players on that restriction now as they lifted the hard embargo when they rejected CF and PE

Else we'd never have been allowed to bring in Washington and Gilbey
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

nce

I dont think thats the case, we can sign players on that restriction now as they lifted the hard embargo when they rejected CF and PE

Else we'd never have been allowed to bring in Washington and Gilbey
    Wasn't there some explanation that we were restricted in terms of fees which could pay, and those were the 2 allowed? You imagine there are other restrictions
  • Options

nce
    Would you take anything on trust given our ownership history?
    Ideally,no,but he has had no other offers and would probably be happy to come to some arrangement.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    JaShea99 said:
      The L1 EFL Salary cap restrictions, cover all payments to players.  Someone at some point will try, but it would be punishable.  Bit like Swindon when they were denied promotion to the Premiership.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    I think you'll find that in this instance 'savvy/rich' should be spelt 'cheating'.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    JaShea99 said:
    I think you'll find that in this instance 'savvy/rich' should be spelt 'cheating'.
    When we are the victim its "cheating", when we benifit it's "savvy".  The same for everyone else. 
  • Options
    Weird that we were allowed to sign two new players but not re-sign an existing player.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JaShea99 said:
    When we are the victim its "cheating", when we benifit it's "savvy".  The same for everyone else. 
    If we were to do it we'd be cheating too.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Weird that we were allowed to sign two new players but not re-sign an existing player.
    Not really, Matthews isn't an existing player because his contract has expired and he's now a free agent. 
  • Options
    Can we offer a rolling contract until we can either offer more or he gets another offer? I’m sure he will be happy with £1,300 a week rather than nothing.
  • Options
    Can we offer a rolling contract until we can either offer more or he gets another offer? I’m sure he will be happy with £1,300 a week rather than nothing.
    I did wonder if we could use "non contracted" players until the transfer window shut. We have had a few in the passed but can't remember the last one we had, seem to remember someone playing in a league Cup tie under Parkinson. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Not really, Matthews isn't an existing player because his contract has expired and he's now a free agent. 
    I thought contracts were extended out for most players until the end of August (Solly & Lyle excluded). 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    I thought contracts were extended out for most players until the end of August (Solly & Lyle excluded). 
    July
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to lose Lockyer, but would take keeping Matthews any day.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    I know we’ve all been talking about Cullen, Gallagher, Field, Lockyer and the like this season, but in my opinion, Matthews has turned out, somewhat surprisingly, to be a fantastic bit of business and possibly the best value signing we’ve made this year.

Bearing in mind how much we all love Solly (who has a place in Charlton lore guaranteed), Matthews has done brilliantly to not only cover the position, but also get to a place where you’ve got to say the spot in the line up is his to lose.

A real unsung hero.
    Just looked at my OP on this thread to see what I’d originally said. 
    I stand by most of the points, but the bit about Solly hasn’t aged well! 😂
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

The fact that we can't sign players, because we don't have an owner who can pass the EFL tests, is the owners fault not the EFL. 

Why can’t they just lettuce do what we want?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Don't fret, Gallen will find a little gem somewhere
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Don't fret, Gallen will find a little gem somewhere
    Getting right back sorted is just the tip of the iceberg, Bowyer said we need 10 signings.
  • Options
    Bowyer not pleased with the last 30 minutes, he gave the players a rocket,  a dressing down
  • Options
    Bowyer not pleased with the last 30 minutes, he gave the players a rocket,  a dressing down
    With the exception of Morgan, Davison, Williams Phillips, and maybe Oztumer - I wouldn’t want any of the subs anywhere near our starting XI. 
  • Options
    Apparently we are looking at Romaine Sawyers from WBA and a non-league RB from Chard Town.
    No chance. Sawyers was pivotal in their promotion.