Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Matthews - gone to Cyprus, and is in ManU's Europa League group (p18)

Comments

• Options
    Bowyer not pleased with the last 30 minutes, he gave the players a rocket,  a dressing down
    With the exception of Morgan, Davison, Williams Phillips, and maybe Oztumer - I wouldn’t want any of the subs anywhere near our starting XI. 
    Sorry, I was actually continuing the lettuce puns   ;)
    It’s just the tip of the iceberg 
  • Options
    Apparently we are looking at Romaine Sawyers from WBA and a non-league RB from Chard Town.
    Sawyers would be unbelievable signing. I can see why he would want to give up the premier league to ply his trade against footballing giants like Crewe and Gillingham. 
    I think those two were part of the puns!!

I'd hope so else Cordoban needs his head testing thinking that Sawyers would join us after playing nearly every game for West Brom ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Apparently we are looking at Romaine Sawyers from WBA and a non-league RB from Chard Town.
    Sawyers would be unbelievable signing. I can see why he would want to give up the premier league to ply his trade against footballing giants like Crewe and Gillingham. 

I'd hope so else Cordoban needs his head testing thinking that Sawyers would join us after playing nearly every game for West Brom ;)
    Ah yes, I should have realised! I didn’t know where the sawyers story had STEMmed from 
  • Options
    In years to come we'll look back on next week, after TS has taken us over and everyone is full of optimism, as the salad days of his era
  • Options

Ah yes, I should have realised! I wouldn’t where the sawyers story had STEMmed from 
    You might need to leaf back a few pages though....
  • Options
    I am ashamed to say it was a salad based pun. As was the Chard link.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lets hope he was worried about the injunction and a lack of bodies coming in.

Now thats been denied and we will be able to bring players in he will want to stay
  • Options
    Probably it is about wages, can expect to get more elsewhere
  • Options
    Will just be a bit galling if after picking him up from the gutter and giving him the chance to get fit and show his talent that he's another one looking to clear off, couldn't get a game in an underperforming league 1 Sunderland side before he came to us. 
  • Options
    Who cares.

The important stuff is all about the ownership today.
  • Options
    Won't be surprised if he ends up somewhere in the championship. More money, higher profile. Shame but inevitable as there is little loyalty from players. Today's good news is more than important as we can rebuild again.
  • Options
    We need a fresh start so if that's what happens, fine.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    Will just be a bit galling if after picking him up from the gutter and giving him the chance to get fit and show his talent that he's another one looking to clear off, couldn't get a game in an underperforming league 1 Sunderland side before he came to us. 
    We are the gutter, or was, hopefully.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    We are the gutter, or was, hopefully.
    Off the field maybe
  • Options
    Fingers crossed the sale goes through this week and we can persuade him to stay.  We need players of his quality at the club to firstly get us out of this division and secondly to attempt to stay in the next one up.
  • Options
    Hope he signs back up but always thought we'd be lucky if he did - he proved last season that he can do a good job in the Championship, he's only 28 and he's on a free, good signing for Championship sides.
  • Options
    Like Lockyer, he'll go if a Championship club (or probably League 1 for that matter) offer him a better contract than we do. We need to get the embargo lifted and put the best offer we can on the table for him. If the salary cap means we can't even get close to a Champ club, so be it. There's nothing we can do about that. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Sick and bloody tired of reading about these fucking agents
    Completely agree but you could argue he's only doing his job. His remit is to get the best deal for Matthews.

With the way the salary cap has worked with the championship sides rejecting it, if we can offer him 2.5k a week, even if a small club in the championship like Luton or Wycombe can offer him 4k a week then he'll surely consider it.

I'm hopeful he'll sign though. New owner, embargo lifted, other players coming in, can stay in London. 
  • Options
    Possibly him gone now then but hopefully he'll hang on. 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Can't he replace Lockyer?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Can't he replace Lockyer?
    Bowyer may decide a Centre-Back is more important