Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adam Matthews - gone to Cyprus, and is in ManU's Europa League group (p18)

Comments

• Options
    If he rediscovers the form he showed us in the Championship it's a great signing. 
  • Options
    Pleased with this news, very dependable player imo.
  • Options
    very good news, really rate Matthews. Wish it had been a longer deal though.
    If only I could post my thoughts on this.....

Oh well. 
  • Options
    Good news, one position sorted, looking forward to the more exciting signings coming in (midfielders and attackers) plus a few more defenders.
  • Options
    Happy with this. We need some form of continuity from last season. Be great if we get to see the Matthews we did in the Championship more than the one who strangely started to flick balls into the centre of defence and midfield last season.

• Options
    Yep he’s a Championship full back. Getting him signed up and fit is going to be very important. 
  • Options
    14 or 15 games Olly? It was 10 under Nige
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    OPEN THE RUMOURS THREAD - INCOMING
    @ForeverAddickted is ITK!

Put him on the Green List @Dazzler21 :smile:

• Options
    very good news, really rate Matthews. Wish it had been a longer deal though.
    If only I could post my thoughts on this.....

Oh well. 
    haha can i say underwhelmed?
  • Options
    Yep he’s a Championship full back. Getting him signed up and fit is going to be very important. 
    he really isn't
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    he really isn't
    I agree
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Awaits moans about:

Why didn't he sign earlier?

Only a year?

Rebuilding last years failed team

I wanted signings but not this one

We need midfielders not full backs

Zzzzzzz, whats the point in these comments? They are predictable, and honestly  as tiresome as the actual people who moan at every little thing.
  • Options
    Anyway, good signing and very happy about this. Has to start over Gunter
  • Options
    Happy with this
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    he really isn't
    Just going on last season's form I agree with you. Matthews has a lot to prove which should really motivate him.
  • Options
    https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/adam-matthews-signs-new-charlton-athletic-contract/

“I said from the end of last season I wanted to stay at Charlton,” Matthews, 29, told the club’s official website. “I spoke to the manager a couple of times and he seems to really want me here, so that’s always a good sign.

Thought he was very inconsistent last season.  Good player but had some poor performances not helped by the players in front of him.

Glad he has signed.
    Agree but think he improved getting a run of games under Nigel 

Addicks owner Thomas Sandgaard said: “I am delighted we’ve been able to bring Adam back to The Valley.

“I was very impressed with the way he played after the arrival of Nigel Adkins, so I’m excited to see him back at Charlton this season.”

@roseandcrown is Thomas Sandgaard and I claim my £10

Well he does seem to like a pub!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's all coming together 
    Lads!!
  • Options
    Great stuff ! 
  • Options
    Welcome back Rhod Gilbert
  • Options
    Whelmed
  • Options
    good news
  • Options
    I like Matthews so happy he’s still with us for a bit longer. 
  • Options
    The squad is coming together very nicely. Pleased he is staying for another season 
  • Options
    Pleased he's re-signed, I prefer him to Gunter. It just takes the edge off though, knowing he takes so long to commit to us, even if it's understandable. 
  • Options
    Good news, I was hoping he’d stay. I prefer him over Gunter.
    Totally agree, for me one of the top 3 RB in this division.
  • Options
    Pleased with this.

Season before last in the Champs, he was one of the few outstanding players in the team.

He improved under Nads, so expect him to push on and be more than up to the job.