Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Peterborough Chairman Interview - Marcus Maddison

Comments

• Confident we'll finish above Hull
  • Confident we'll finish above Hull
    Wouldn’t be at all surprised 
  • Scoham said:
    And look at Hull.

:-)
    4-2-3-1 with Magennis as the lone striker. He wasn’t good enough for that role in League 1.
    I’d imagine that’s the issue, rather than Maddison. 
  • Maddison's arrival will be causing big problems at Hull, they are plunging and suddenly some bloke comes in on a six-month deal on big money - not exactly going to be warmly welcomed in the dressing room, is he?
    Especially if his new team mates have the sense to realise he's only using them to further his career rather than working with them

Of course thats something all players will do (try to further their own career) but Maddison has taken the absolute piss by ensuring he can still be a free agent and have the pick of clubs in the summer

Really do hope its a similar story to January for him where his Agent offers him to nearly all the clubs in the top half of the table yet none show interest
  • Scoham said:
    And look at Hull.

4-2-3-1 with Magennis as the lone striker. He wasn’t good enough for that role in League 1.
    I’d imagine that’s the issue, rather than Maddison. 
    Maddison was playing with the likes of Toney, Dembele and Eisa in League 1. Peterborough with 20 goals in 6 games have proven that they can do without him in that division whereas the jury is likely to be out for a while as to whether Maddison can consistently perform in the Championship. In fact, if Hull don't take up the option it will be interesting to see if any other Championship club will bow to his and his agent's wage demands.
  • Looking forward to payback for that heavy defeat come March.
  • Addickted said:
    Toney will be ours come August.
    If he is ours then that will be proof in itself that this Board means business because we won't get him for much less than £10m
    Nah he'll go for less than £10m, only reason Posh wanted that much in January was to keep him out of reach from any Championship clubs as they knew they wouldnt get a replacement
  • Will we be back in for Maddison in the summer and offer what he wants because we’re saving on that transfer fee?! Personally I hope not! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hoping Hull go into free fall and plummet, losing their two best players in transfer window.
  • Scoham said:
    And look at Hull.

Or Eaves, another bang average League One striker - if rumours are to be believed we can thank Tommy D that Eaves hasn't been leaving trees firmly rooted on place in SE7.
  • Maginnis struggled as a lone striker in League One - he has no chance in the Championship in that role.

Unless your midfield is top-class then a lone striker has to be able to have the pace - like Lyle - to get in behind as well as hold the ball up and be a target and Josh doesn't have that.
  • Doesn’t look like MM is making much of an impression in Hull. He could struggle to get a deal with a Championship club in the summer. This could very much backfire for him.
    Hull are doing badly, but without watching any of their games can't comment on MMs performances. But if they have been bad, imagine we had 'gone all out for', and 'broke the bank' for him. There would definitely be sections of our fan base who wanted us to do that, but would now be saying he was a waste of money.
  • Maginnis struggled as a lone striker in League One - he has no chance in the Championship in that role.

Unless your midfield is top-class then a lone striker has to be able to have the pace - like Lyle - to get in behind as well as hold the ball up and be a target and Josh doesn't have that.
    This. That system never got the best out of him. I always felt in the right system with other players around him he could do well. I'm sure Bowyer would have got more out of him. 
  • Magennis scores 1 in 10 for Bolton yet hull/mccann decided he’d be the man to lead the line on his own? Mad really.
  • Doesn’t look like MM is making much of an impression in Hull. He could struggle to get a deal with a Championship club in the summer. This could very much backfire for him.
    I would love that. He'd never even played in the champ but somehow thought he was Billy Big Bananas and could turn down everyone looking for a massive wage. What an absolute turnip.
  • Hoping Hull go into free fall and plummet, losing their two best players in transfer window.
    They’ve just lost 2 players through injury until the rest of the season as well
  • Sponsored links:

• PopIcon said:
    Addickted said:
    Toney will be ours come August.
    If you say so Acworth.
    I hope this post ages as quickly as Dorian Gray after taking a knife to his portrait. 

This. That system never got the best out of him. I always felt in the right system with other players around him he could do well. I'm sure Bowyer would have got more out of him. 
    I always thought Magennis was shite, and I imagine Bowyer didn't rate him either because he let him go easily enough.
  • Not a good time to be out of contract. I bet the Peterborough chairman's cracking a wry smile.
  • If he’s lucky, he’ll rock up at Sunderland and help them get promoted. No way a Championship club will touch him now.
  • That is obviously cash related, they know that post-Coronavirus they won't have the cash for him - or many others for that matter.
  • Not a good time to be out of contract. I bet the Peterborough chairman's cracking a wry smile.

Maybe, but part of the deal was that Peterborough would get a bit extra if Hull signed him on a long-term contract, that's just disappeared.