Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mini Beer stalls inside the ground - suggestion

I’m just wondering, could the club provide mini beer stalls inside the ground to prevent longer waited queues at half time? Luckily I didn’t miss the 2nd goal but a few people left early to get a beer and ended up missing the 2nd goal.

I’m sure this issue has been discussed before but it seems to work for Rugby events so not sure why it couldn’t work in football grounds?

Comments

• Options

matt.southall@cafc.co.uk

Or you could tag him in on a tweet on Twitter.  Hardly anyone has done that since he took on his new role! 

I’m just after input from supporters first but I’ll bare this in mind. I’m trying not to pester Matt Southall on social media too much if I can help it lol
  • Options
    Think Ravi's the man for that sort of stuff - Commercial Manager?

Mr Southall is hopefully busy planning or dinner transfer strategy.
  • Options
    I think it's a good idea but Charlton don't run the catering at the Valley.

It's been outsourced so it would be down to the caterers to decide whether to invest in more staff and equipment in order to sell more beer.
  • Options
    Pretty pointless when they don’t even have enough staff at the bars as it is. More staff and they would cut the queues down. Adding little kiosks would only take staff away from the understaffed bars. 

Plus it’s an outside company would be best to speak to them. 
  • Options
    Excellent suggestion Disco.

Done at most other venues around the world, except for maybe Selhurst.
    About time we started looking at this kind of stuff
  • Options
    Not sure it will work in the north as the concourses are too small but would certainly work on the open concourse behind the east and could be done in the west if planned well.
  • Options
    We used to have them at the Valley, not seen in many years. Are the bookies still in the ground? I don't remember seeing them in ages too.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I know it's frustrating @StigThundercock but I did enjoy that rant
  • Options
    Family next to us got back to seats on 62 mins having queued over 25 mins to get something to eat. 

• Options
    Family next to us got back to seats on 62 mins having queued over 25 mins to get something to eat. 

Ridiculous isn’t it.

Its about improving match day experience.
  • Options
    The queues in the East Stand are laughable, and that's with the end block of seats not used.

It certainly would be nice to have the Real Ale stand open again, especially as the signage is still there!
  • Options
    People slipping out early/stumbling in late and missing action - tough titty, no sympathy due, in fact, selfish twunts disrupt the game for the rest of us.
    Not being able to last 90 minutes, or even 45 minutes without a pint of half flat characterless kangaroo piss or pseudo yorkie ditch water, is shouting loudly as to having much bigger issues than slow service.
    As for the  self-absorbed alky numbskull and his offspring in our row, you've not just got substance dependence issues your bladders and/or prostrates are knackered as well - 10 minutes after sitting down -really ten effing minutes and you have to stumble out again?  You're in the middle of a row you skin wasting mouth breather, that's 10 pairs of feet you trample on, 10 poor sods up and down like a bride's nightie just cos you have no self-awareness, self-control or respect for anybody at all, least of all yourself.  If the overpriced swill sold as "beer" is that important - stay in the pub, don't let the football disrupt your boozing!  We'll all be much happier.

And the Charlton Life 'Kofi Annan Award for Services to Diplomacy' goes to a Mr S Thundercock...
    'blush'

aw shucks, thanks

• Options

personally I go to a football match to watch football, not to wait ages to buy overpriced grub thereby missing a large part of the match .. I suggest 'the family' has got their priorities very wrong
    True, but I think the club shouldn't ignore the match day experience for those less committed. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You also see with the "yoof" at away matches, leaving well before half time to get the beers in and then coming back late.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    People slipping out early/stumbling in late and missing action - tough titty, no sympathy due, in fact, selfish twunts disrupt the game for the rest of us.
    Not being able to last 90 minutes, or even 45 minutes without a pint of half flat characterless kangaroo piss or pseudo yorkie ditch water, is shouting loudly as to having much bigger issues than slow service.
    As for the  self-absorbed alky numbskull and his offspring in our row, you've not just got substance dependence issues your bladders and/or prostrates are knackered as well - 10 minutes after sitting down -really ten effing minutes and you have to stumble out again?  You're in the middle of a row you skin wasting mouth breather, that's 10 pairs of feet you trample on, 10 poor sods up and down like a bride's nightie just cos you have no self-awareness, self-control or respect for anybody at all, least of all yourself.  If the overpriced swill sold as "beer" is that important - stay in the pub, don't let the football disrupt your boozing!  We'll all be much happier.
    Miserable fk, maybe just sack off the kiosks and bars all together in that case 
  • Options
    When is the current refreshments concession due to end?

If it is at the end of this season, then surely now is the time to make management aware that fans are dissatisfied, and alert them to the possibility of making more money on matchdays (as well as improving fan satisfaction) if changes were made? 

Then they have time to consider the relative merits of taking it "in house" or renegotiating the concession (possibly with a different firm).
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

matt.southall@cafc.co.uk

Or you could tag him in on a tweet on Twitter.  Hardly anyone has done that since he took on his new role! 

I’m just after input from supporters first but I’ll bare this in mind. I’m trying not to pester Matt Southall on social media too much if I can help it lol

I think it's a great idea by the way.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    oops, touched a nerve methinks
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    oops, touched a nerve methinks
    Not really, but as someone that gets out once every few weeks.. theres absolutely nothing wrong with a half time pint and a pie ! 
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The catering company could install those fast pouring taps (that pour from the bottom upwards) and charge a round £5 a pint which would make a large indent in the time taken to get a pint. 
  • Options
    How big are these mini beers?