Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Mini Beer stalls inside the ground - suggestion

Comments

• Options
    Getting the people serving to speed up would solve a huge amount of the issue in hand. I mean... they have a peak window of about 20 minutes where there is real demand on the role they are doing, and either side of that it should be fairly relaxed... yet every time I have queued up the level of dither, disinterest and downright delusion when you ask what pies they have left is laughable. 
  • Options
    i say a loo to the people around me at the game.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Family next to us got back to seats on 62 mins having queued over 25 mins to get something to eat. 

Should have been in the East Stand. Could have brought own sandwiches and Thermos flasks. :smile:

• Options
    I think it's a good idea but Charlton don't run the catering at the Valley.

It's been outsourced so it would be down to the caterers to decide whether to invest in more staff and equipment in order to sell more beer.
    That’s the problem with out sourcing. They set fairly aggressive targets to win the contract and then, if numbers are not on target (which they wouldn’t have been under Roland) they cut staff and service levels. As a principle, I think they should keep catering in house, benefit from the margins and keep ‘customer’ service to the fore. You wouldn’t see cinemas, bowling etc out source  their food. Cut out the middle man. Having said all that, queues in the west stand are never that bad. 
  • Options
    No chips in the west stand, yet in the north stand, same with Strongbow?
  • Options
    kafka said:
    I think it's a good idea but Charlton don't run the catering at the Valley.

It's been outsourced so it would be down to the caterers to decide whether to invest in more staff and equipment in order to sell more beer.
    That’s the problem with out sourcing. They set fairly aggressive targets to win the contract and then, if numbers are not on target (which they wouldn’t have been under Roland) they cut staff and service levels. As a principle, I think they should keep catering in house, benefit from the margins and keep ‘customer’ service to the fore. You wouldn’t see cinemas, bowling etc out source  their food. Cut out the middle man. Having said all that, queues in the west stand are never that bad. 
    Cinemas and bowling alleys are open every day though, a lot easier to train and retain good staff than with a once a fortnight type arrangement like a football ground
  • Options
    Family next to us got back to seats on 62 mins having queued over 25 mins to get something to eat. 

personally I go to a football match to watch football, not to wait ages to buy overpriced grub thereby missing a large part of the match .. I suggest 'the family' has got their priorities very wrong
    What a hero Lincs.

I’m sure you don’t go to a football match with the intention of going a loo either so lets close the toilets as well. 
    I just can't see the analogy .. but if you think so
  • Options
    Was in the home end at Southend a couple of years ago and you can book/pay for your half time beer before the match. All you have to do at half time is show the ticket they’ve given you and take your pre-poured beer. Saved a huge amount of time and I don’t see why they couldn’t do it at the Valley in future.
  • Options
    the bars in the NU just need to start pouring pint after pint with about 20 mins to go till HT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tills they have are rubbish as well. If you want a receipt they can only email one to you. Was stuck for 10 mins behind a bloke buying 3 pints, who then took forever filling out his email address on the ipad. I agree with the paperless sentiment , but not when it slows service down further.

• Options
    One thing I've seen work well at some away grounds is where they pre-pull pints both before the game and at half time which sped up the serving time considerably. Of course they also knew how to work the tills .....
  • Options
    People slipping out early/stumbling in late and missing action - tough titty, no sympathy due, in fact, selfish twunts disrupt the game for the rest of us.
    Not being able to last 90 minutes, or even 45 minutes without a pint of half flat characterless kangaroo piss or pseudo yorkie ditch water, is shouting loudly as to having much bigger issues than slow service.
    As for the  self-absorbed alky numbskull and his offspring in our row, you've not just got substance dependence issues your bladders and/or prostrates are knackered as well - 10 minutes after sitting down -really ten effing minutes and you have to stumble out again?  You're in the middle of a row you skin wasting mouth breather, that's 10 pairs of feet you trample on, 10 poor sods up and down like a bride's nightie just cos you have no self-awareness, self-control or respect for anybody at all, least of all yourself.  If the overpriced swill sold as "beer" is that important - stay in the pub, don't let the football disrupt your boozing!  We'll all be much happier.
    dont suppose you fancy going for a pint later then ??
  • Options
    Smithy said:
    Was in the home end at Southend a couple of years ago and you can book/pay for your half time beer before the match. All you have to do at half time is show the ticket they’ve given you and take your pre-poured beer. Saved a huge amount of time and I don’t see why they couldn’t do it at the Valley in future.
    People would moan that the beer had got warm as it was probably poured at 3.01.
  • Options
    I think paying for it in advance is a good idea. It gives them time to have it ready for half time.
  • Options
    although this is a great idea, I know how to make it an amazing idea.......each mini beer stall has a DJ playing house music
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:
    Getting the people serving to speed up would solve a huge amount of the issue in hand. I mean... they have a peak window of about 20 minutes where there is real demand on the role they are doing, and either side of that it should be fairly relaxed... yet every time I have queued up the level of dither, disinterest and downright delusion when you ask what pies they have left is laughable. 

No incentive for the staff to hurry up - Guess they get paid the same whether they serve 5 pints or 100 pints.
  • Options
    I wish those taking their seats when the action is happening would wait in the stairwell until there is a break in play for an injury or something. When they feed past, you miss seeing the action which is a drag.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Smithy said:
    They pre-pour it anyway!
  • Options
    What would be great if they actually sold some decent beer. Some IPA's in a large can that can be poured into pint glasses etc. 

We have Meantime Brewery just down the road, criminal there is not a tie in. Bloody fosters and John Smiths 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iaitch said:
    Smithy said:
    Pretty sure that Health & Safety doesn’t allow for pouring of beer in advance of sales.
    Not 100% sure of this but I’m pretty sure I had heard about this at some point or another.
  • Options
    If food and ale wasnt popular at a game it would have died out decades ago, but it turns out it is... so maybe make the service as such that people dont have to leave 5 mins early or return 5 mins late. 
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Ridiculous isn’t it.

Its about improving match day experience.
    Have a DJ in the food area, then one can dance whilst one's waiting to be served.
  • Options
    The catering in the West Upper is rubbish. My son always wants something at half time but the quality of the food and speed of service means I invariably say no. Serving nutritious food at a reasonable price and at a good speed shouldn't be beyond the club's means.
  • Options
    We had  great season tickets  in the front row of the upper covered end behind the goal gave them up as the same inconsiderate arse and his massive rucksack would barge past at least 3 times each half!i tried asking politely and then resorted to kicking ankles all to no avail as he did not give a shinny shite regardless how many people gave him abuse
  • Options
    If they sold decent beer, I might have a drink before the game although I still think I'd prefer the River Ale House or White Swan for my pre-game libation.  I'm very unlikely to drink at half-time but with the muck they serve now I most definitely won't.  However, I suspect the caterers have a nationwide deal with Heineken / AB InBev so I think the chance of any other beer appearing is extremely remote.
  • Options
    Tills they have are rubbish as well. If you want a receipt they can only email one to you. Was stuck for 10 mins behind a bloke buying 3 pints, who then took forever filling out his email address on the ipad. I agree with the paperless sentiment , but not when it slows service down further.

Who needs a receipt for 3 HT pints?
  • Options
    If they sold decent beer, I might have a drink before the game although I still think I'd prefer the River Ale House or White Swan for my pre-game libation.  I'm very unlikely to drink at half-time but with the muck they serve now I most definitely won't.  However, I suspect the caterers have a nationwide deal with Heineken / AB InBev so I think the chance of any other beer appearing is extremely remote.
    The deal was with Heineken, hence when we had the Real Ale kiosk it served Deuchars (and Addicks Ale) as they're both brewed by Caledonian, a subsidiary of them. I don't mind Deuchars, but weird to have an Edinburgh brewed Real Ale was a bit odd!
  • Options
    it'd be a help if the tills were cashless .. I can't think that many people/groups/families don't have a contactless payment card .. this would make the payment process so much quicker and save the problem of 'cashing up' after the game .. the insurance on moving cash around must be quite high .. 
    the cracking brand newTottenham Stadium is totally cashless .. there again it's easy to go cashless when starting from scratch when all systems can be fully mechanised/computerised and be really fit for purpose