Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Shaun Newton if Charlton.
  • Options
    Morts ?
  • Options
    edited February 2020
     RedChaser said:
    Blimey those stands look ancient and older than me! If it's a Charlton player I'll have a stab at Mickey Bennett.
    Forest player.
  • Options
    Morts ?
    Did he have a right foot 😉? On second thoughts the left was so good he didn't need one 😀
  • Options
    He's wearing a Forest kit!
  • Options

Can I just emphasise how bad the congestion is because of this. Allow plenty of time if you can. 
  • Options
    5-1 Forest. CL in meltdown.
  • Options
    For those with Sky, the game is on the red button
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Great preview Sage.
    That first 45 minutes against Forest back in August. Happy days.
    I don't think many of were expecting any more than a battle for survival this season, so the start we had was a pleasant surprise. And it wasn't just a case us us battling away and getting lucky, we were playing decent, attacking football.
    I'd be interested to see the possession stats from the first twelve games, but I imagine they'd be way better than those of the most recent twelve. We just can't hang on to the ball, and somehow we're looking like a lower league side up against higher opposition in a cup tie. 
    Putting an optimist's spin on it, players coming back from injury are getting minutes in, and new signings like Davis and McGeady will be looking to impress. Hopefully we may begin to click again, and start causing teams problems, as we were in the summer/autumn. Well that's what my heart is telling me.
    My head says 3-1 Forest :-(

I think/hope Doughty might start btw, and I'm praying we can set up less negatively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need somebody with pace and energy to link the midfield to the forwards. If McGeady is fit I would start with him.
  • Options

Carr, we have not worn Umbro.  Look at the badge on the socks.
  • Options
    All depends how we set our stall out. If it's like Saturday then a 4-1 defeat.

If we actually try attacking & taking some shots for once then we might nick a point in a 2-2 draw.
  • Options

Alright, smarty pants ! 

:-:smile:
  • Options
    edited February 2020

I did that's why my first guess was the winning guess !
  • Options
    Wigan vs Boro and Barnsley vs Hull - A result for us tomorrow could be very handy indeed
  • Options
    edited February 2020

And on his number 7 but Charlton may have borrowed an away kit just like Man City did at the Valley once, before you were born 😉
  • Options
    Wigan vs Boro and Barnsley vs Hull - A result for us tomorrow could be very handy indeed
    But on the plus side they’re good odds for my acca 😬
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Barnsley are at home to Birmingham, not Hull.
  • Options
    Draws are probably the best results for us, and it stops it becoming a 3 teams from 4 relegation battle
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    All bets off! 😀
  • Options
    Draws are probably the best results for us, and it stops it becoming a 3 teams from 4 relegation battle
    I’d say we definitely want Middlesbrough to beat Wigan. They’re almost certainly not going to go down and another defeat for Wigan is exactly what we need. Keep the gap to a minimum of 4 points. 
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Taxi_Lad said:
    Of course they are. I wondered why I thought the Barnsley game was a 6 pointer originally - it is against Brum!
  • Options
    Sage said:
    I’d say we definitely want Middlesbrough to beat Wigan. They’re almost certainly not going to go down and another defeat for Wigan is exactly what we need. Keep the gap to a minimum of 4 points. 
    Boro are only 3 points ahead of us though. Worth watching QPR as well, they're on a poor run and only 5 points ahead of us. Beat both at home in March and it could get quite tight

• Options
    Sage said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Great preview Sage.
    That first 45 minutes against Forest back in August. Happy days.
    I don't think many of were expecting any more than a battle for survival this season, so the start we had was a pleasant surprise. And it wasn't just a case us us battling away and getting lucky, we were playing decent, attacking football.
    I'd be interested to see the possession stats from the first twelve games, but I imagine they'd be way better than those of the most recent twelve. We just can't hang on to the ball, and somehow we're looking like a lower league side up against higher opposition in a cup tie. 
    Putting an optimist's spin on it, players coming back from injury are getting minutes in, and new signings like Davis and McGeady will be looking to impress. Hopefully we may begin to click again, and start causing teams problems, as we were in the summer/autumn. Well that's what my heart is telling me.
    My head says 3-1 Forest :-(

I think/hope Doughty might start btw, and I'm praying we can set up less negatively.
    First 12 we averaged 43.5%
    Last 12 we averaged 43.41%

This is skewed slightly as we played Brentford and Leeds at home in the first 12, where we averaged 29.5% possession in those two games, albeit picking up 6 points.

If we were to take away the lowest two of the 12 from the first and the most recent, we would have averages of 46.3% for the first 12, and 45.1% for the last 12. Again, surprisingly not much different.

What this says to me is that our use of the ball, and where we actually have to ball in terms of territory and areas of the pitch, is far worse/negative now than it was at the start of the season.
    Thanks for that. Agree totally.
  • Options
    I can't see past a 5-0 defeat.
  • Options
    Seen a stat from a Leeds fan on Twitter. Seems that every team to have beaten Leeds this season have not won their next game. Think the list had about 9 or 10 teams.

I'm sure Forest will buck that trend though.