Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Missed pretty much the whole game because I was at work, but these are the results that keep us up. Anyone can beat anyone in this league on any day! Great way to end the day!
  • Options
    Totally agree with all the praise for the team, Sarr, Taylor, Oztumer, Phillips in particular, for Bowyer and also the fans who were brilliant. Won't repeat it.

But I'm going to have one moan. Just don't understand the substitution of Hemed by Smith. The poor lad looked well out of his depth and just ran around fairly pointlessly. With Taylor left without a partner up front, we couldn't keep the ball and it just kept coming straight back. That could have cost us. 

Bonne was on the subs bench. Why not bring him on for the last 20 mins 
    Saving him for Saturday and beyond. No point in rushing him back. 
    Fair enough. But in that case, use Aneke up front. Surely one of him and Bonne could have done 20 minutes? If not, why were both on the subs bench? 
    We weren't chasing a goal, so I suspect that was why Bowyer didn't feel the need for another out and out forward. 
  • Options
    Smith did fine when on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great support up there from those who went 

Not like City Ground is a new one, especially on a school night and game shown on the tube 

Heroes those Charlton players tonight, Forest were poor but we still did what we really needed 
  • Options
    Shit journey up, but had a decent booze in a little pub behind Trent Bridge. Got to the ground freezing my nuts off and had little faith we would get something. 

Thought Forest had the opening few minutes then we really settled into the game. Best I’ve seen us pass the ball, especially out of tight areas for a long time. I said last week I’d like to see Hemed start and get the ball into his body/feet, and I was right. His hold up play was superb. Taylor was ridiculous and took his goal really well. Oztumer is a tricky little bastard, never gonna be strong in battles but he does offer something different. 

Cullen and Davis won the midfield battle hands down. I don’t think Forest got the ball into their forwards from central areas, so they protected our back 3 superbly.

Doughty had a mixed night but Matthews was brilliant. Purrington did extremely well when he came on, especially as Forest concentrated their attacks down their right. 

Pearce was back to his best, winning his battles and played little a proper skipper. Lockyer is consistently good and is becoming a top class champ defender. Then we got Nabby. What a cross. Defended like a lion. His best game for us. Philips with top shithousery, love it.

Bowyer got it spot on tonight after coming into a bit of stick.

Lastly our fans. What a brilliant night around some people ive never seen before in my life but all having a proper laugh and getting behind the boys. The poor ginger kid in their end tried to give it and ended up getting absolutely destroyed.

Wont get home till 1am. Up at 6am. Fuck it, what a win. 
    I am sure Oztumer won 3 headers ....😬
  • Options
    I found the closing 5 minutes and the 5 minutes of extra time quite bearable.  Mind you, I have consumed a lot of whisky.
    Always helps though i prefer whiskey :smiley:
  • Options
    Top fecking notch.

Hoped for a draw before the game because I couldn't see us winning but then I remembered this is a different charlton that dont give up.

Looking at Lyle towards the end and realising we had made all 3 subs I thought he was done and couldn't run any more. Then all of a sudden he was running the width of the pitch chasing defenders down and putting it a proper shift as he always does to help get us them 3 points.

Brilliant every single one of them tonight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Playoffs here we come. 
    I'll take the top half of the table. 
  • Options
    Don't mean to bring a downer but .....

Bring on football for a fiver Saturday, Yaay!

Shocking stats for the Blackburn Hull game.  Hull is a team in a state of collapse.  No shots on target against 11, 10 shots in total against 26.  29% possession.
    At least Hull have Marcus Maddison playing for them.

• Options
    Can't see why people are getting carried away by this, I've just watched the highlights on sky & apart from our goal & a wayward cross from Doughty it was all Forest.
    Thanks for taking the piss. Have you got anything to say about the result? 
  • Options
    Can't see why people are getting carried away by this, I've just watched the highlights on sky & apart from our goal & a wayward cross from Doughty it was all Forest.
    They created a few good chances, but we matched them for most of the game all over the pitch. It was a great performance all round, best since Bristol City. If we can keep anything like this level up for the rest of the month against Blackburn and the teams around us we will be out if trouble very soon.