Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 11 Feb | Post-Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    BR3red said:
    Can't see why people are getting carried away by this, I've just watched the highlights on sky & apart from our goal & a wayward cross from Doughty it was all Forest.
    We watched the game , not highlights 🤷🏻‍♂️
    Whoosh
  • Options
    Can't see why people are getting carried away by this, I've just watched the highlights on sky & apart from our goal & a wayward cross from Doughty it was all Forest.
    Just beaten a top 4 side, scored a cracking goal, kept a clean sheet and regardless of what the highlights show, we were the better side. If you can't get carried away by that...
    Whoosh
  • Options
    edited February 2020

Thanks for taking the piss. Have you got anything to say about the result? 
    Whoosh Whoosh Whoosh :smiley:

Err ? Great result !
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Southbank said:
    They created a few good chances, but we matched them for most of the game all over the pitch. It was a great performance all round, best since Bristol City. If we can keep anything like this level up for the rest of the month against Blackburn and the teams around us we will be out if trouble very soon.
    Almost a whoosh but good comments.

The whole point of my comment was we've gone to Forest, by all accounts taken it to them thoroughly deserved the win & all sky could show was almost constant Forest attacks.

:smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • Options
    Sorry, the other 804!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Superb performance, they all put in a full shift tonight, fantastic 3 points just when we needed it.
  • Options
    What a cross !! 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Two wins in the last three. Six points. Two points per game. Promotion form.
    Yeah, but we've only won 3 games out of the last 20. Relegation form.

We're going DOWN!

• Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    mascot88 said:
    It looks like its us and wigan, but if the game in hand for the boys below us result in loses it mixes it up again... could be a topsy turvy finish to the season, but that is HUGE win and will give everyone at the club big confidence going into the run in. 

A win in front of a big crowd on Saturday and we could even start believing(dangrous). 

Still love this team for all their flaws. 
    Don't count out Hull. They are sinking like a stone and are absolutely useless without Bowen and Grosicki
    I agree, notwithstanding the fact that Hull have 40 points. If you lose your two best players at this stage of the season, you have to be at risk. There are almost shades of Mike Flanagan and Colin Powell being shipped off to New England Teamen towards the end of 77/78, when we were 14th and ended up needing a point at Orient in the last game to stay up. Tom Eaves and Josh Magennis - who tend to alternate at centre-forward - are limited at this level and it remains to be seen whether Hull can scape the extra 10 points they need to ensure survival. An opportunity for Maddison to show what he is (or isn't) made of.....

I think that tonight's result and Wigan's recent form will have a good few lower half teams looking over their shoulders.
  • Options
    Absolute class from Nottingham Forest...
    I have strong memories of then-Forest boss Billy Davies being very nice about us after a game a few years ago
  • Options

Thanks for taking the piss. Have you got anything to say about the result? 
    Whoosh
    So very clever. Do fuck off. 
    Dear oh dear that's upset me.
  • Options
    Totally agree with all the praise for the team, Sarr, Taylor, Oztumer, Phillips in particular, for Bowyer and also the fans who were brilliant. Won't repeat it.

But I'm going to have one moan. Just don't understand the substitution of Hemed by Smith. The poor lad looked well out of his depth and just ran around fairly pointlessly. With Taylor left without a partner up front, we couldn't keep the ball and it just kept coming straight back. That could have cost us. 

Bonne was on the subs bench. Why not bring him on for the last 20 mins 
    Agree totally about the Hemed substitution. Not that he went off but with who replaced him. Not only was Smith anonymous but with no support for Lyle we dropped a bit deeper and they came onto us a bit more. With two up top I’d have fancied us to get another goal and put it to bed. For twenty minutes I’m sure Aneke or Bonne could have come on.

A small gripe but otherwise I thought we were excellent tonight. Saar was awesome, Matthews shone again, Dills dealt with what efforts they had easily and there wasn’t anyone below an eight for me. Roll on Saturday, just hope w3 don’t fuck it up.
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:
    Just in, what a great night, I didnt expect anything before the game, after seeing defeats at Millwall, Bristol City, Preston, Derby, Middlesborough, Stoke, Luton and Swansea away in recent weeks the travelling faithful deserved that. 

Taylor ran all night, Sarr had the best game I can remember and the support was again superb. Poor ginger lad took the stick well and the Forest fans really didnt have any answers to the commenst and songs coming thier way. Once they had to hand all those fake flags back into stadium staff (*note to new owners, manufactured atmospheres are not whats needed) they were pretty quiet.

Lovely ground, nice stewards and 3 points, fair reward after last saturday. 

Cant wait to get back to the Valley for a couple of weeks before we have to contemplate 2 trips to Yorkshire in a week. Good rendition of the Tight Fit as well as we were leaving 'awinaway awinaway' Two very happy Addicks here. 

Can't beat an away win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just got home from the match. Well never saw that one coming! Thought we were easily the better team in the first half and so different to last Saturday... Having Hemed up top with Lyle made such a difference by opening up the field of play and giving the likes of Oz and Josh room to play. Would have been two up just after half time had Hemed kept his composure. The goal was sublime. Seeing the replay doesn't do justice to the cross that Naby put in. It was hit with a lot of power. Everyone played their part and that turn by Oz on the 18 yard line in the first half was worth the entrance money alone. Very happy tonight and happy for the other 801 who traveled a lot further than me to get there!
    No way did you get back to Bexhill by 12.19am. Takes longer than that from The Valley !! 
  • Options
    Soooo... back to the game .... 

Really gritty stuff, a win against Blackburn and I can see crowds up as we head into the run in. 

• Options
    Fantastic all round performance despite a couple of players being a bit below par. What won it for us was that we played on the front foot for pretty much the whole game. I think Bowyer took on board the justified criticism after Saturday and decided we should have a go rather than sit back and hope for a goal on the break.
    It looks like the players much prefer playing that way too. All that defensive bollocks just makes them nervous.
    Totally agree that being more positive from the outset made a difference. 
  • Options
    Just didn't expect to see that result (or any positive result) this morning after Barnsley and Stoke.

Me of little faith. Delighted to be wrong.

Superb performance!!
  • Options
    Oh and up the Addicks!!